ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

Bump 06-12-2012 08:18 PM

well gold farming is dead. They put a limit to how many games you can create. I just did 10 minutes of my gold farm run and that was it, now I can't play for 15 minutes.

This is all to force you to use RMAH. No more gold farming, wow. What a slap in the face.

Saulbadguy 06-12-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8675796)
well gold farming is dead. They put a limit to how many games you can create. I just did 10 minutes of my gold farm run and that was it, now I can't play for 15 minutes.

This is all to force you to use RMAH. No more gold farming, wow. What a slap in the face.

ROFL

Sofa King 06-12-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

are you ****ing shitting me?

Mr. Laz 06-12-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

wow

WTF?!?!?

Bump 06-12-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8675833)
are you ****ing shitting me?

man I wish I was. I had a good GF run in act 1 where you go to that dank cellar and the cave under the well.

They announced this on their site, so I thought I'd try it out for myself before I complain.

I literally did 10 minutes and that's all you can do.

So......now what? lol, you can't farm for items in act 1 or 2 right now and if you aren't able to farm act 3, which I am not, you simply cannot advance without using the RMAH. No coincidence this happened the day the RMAH went live.

Activision needs to die.

Shogun 06-12-2012 08:42 PM

issues connecting?

Mr. Laz 06-12-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 8675880)
issues connecting?

maybe they are installing a Pay-Per-Connect system.

Shogun 06-12-2012 08:55 PM

ROFL

Gravedigger 06-12-2012 10:47 PM

If Gold Farming is dead and has a limit on it now then I'll just put the game away till I want to roll a new character. I don't really care to beat Diablo in Inferno mode, with the game being brutal, frustrating, and now forcing you to buy items with your real money, that's it. I used to hate Blizzard for making an addictive game in WoW that took so many years of my life because I always felt I had to be one of the best through gear and raiding status. Diablo 3 is anything but that, I personally don't care to waste my time with this disappointing game anymore, Diablos death on Inferno isn't a goal I'm really looking to waste more of my free time obtaining. IMO if you beat it on Hell Difficulty you've seen it all, if you beat it on Inferno, well congrats you have more patience than I. If I want to get frustrated, but don't have to pay real money to actually beat a game, I'll go play Dark Souls again.

jd1020 06-12-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 8676281)
IMO if you beat it on Hell Difficulty you've seen it all, if you beat it on Inferno, well congrats you have more patience than I. If I want to get frustrated, but don't have to pay real money to actually beat a game, I'll go play Dark Souls again.

You've seen it all as soon as you kill Diablo in normal.

Diablo is like playing easy, normal, hard, and expert on a FPS. It's the same shit over and over just slightly tuned higher.

Blizzard just did a complete 180 with the series when they released D3. It's no longer about farming gear and it sounds like you cant even farm period anymore.

Bump 06-13-2012 12:53 AM

last straw for me. Me and 2 friends spent over an hour clearing inferno pony level and getting 5 stacks. I shit you not, the split second we clear the pony level and are ready to collect, it lags us all out.

You go to hell blizzard, you go to hell and die.

Bump 06-13-2012 12:54 AM

is torchlight 2 out yet? lol

Imon Yourside 06-13-2012 01:36 AM

This Just In...

06/12/2012 09:57 PMPosted by Bashiok
After looking into some reports you guys provided it seems the limit may have not been working exactly as intended. Working properly you really shouldn't see it, even in fairly normal 'farming' conditions, or reasonable amounts of character swapping. We're shutting it off until we can take a better look at it tomorrow.

Imon Yourside 06-13-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8676350)
is torchlight 2 out yet? lol

I think the torchlight crew knew what was going to happen and delayed it just long enough to pull in all those that rage quit d3. It really is a beautiful scheme if you stand back and look at it.

suds79 06-13-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8676368)
I think the torchlight crew knew what was going to happen and delayed it just long enough to pull in all those that rage quit d3. It really is a beautiful scheme if you stand back and look at it.

Yeah I guess so. All this time I was telling a buddy that Runic better hurry up and get Torchlight 2 out before D3 otherwise they'd be screwed. Guess not.

I absolutely cannot wait for some Torchlight 2. Probably looking forward to that just as much as I was D3.