ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Resistance 3 thread... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265060)

Rausch 10-13-2012 09:49 AM

Resistance 3 thread...

I looked and didn't see one.

The biggest reason to buy RII was the very creative and innovative options from that allowed an extra mode as well as co-op and the ability of the game to manage huge PVP matches.

For me the 8 man co-op was the big sell. 8 players vs the machine and the 3 classes that made for a legit 2nd game.

It wasn't just shooting some guy in the face. The RII Co-op made you hunger to get better so you could use a strategy and once mastered be a valuable asset.

The new game (R-III) appears to have sacrificed diversity of environments for difficulty. Yeah, it takes you longer to beat the game because of the insane number of enemies but you leave feeling unsatisfied.

Overall for me it was a big loss. Yes, you can go co-op through the game but there is no longer the perhaps most enjoyable and innovative part of the Resistance franchise which was the online co-op where it was 8 players vs. the comp.

kushed god 10-13-2012 10:29 AM

This game was kinda meh for me. Sure, it looks great on a tv but i felt like this game was more eye candy then actual fun gameplay. If i were you, i would trade it in for the metal gear hd collection, over 200 hours of gameplay and it has 5 games.

Rausch 10-13-2012 10:34 AM

I'll be getting my $2 or whatever crap value they give me come monday...

kushed god 10-13-2012 11:03 AM

Then they're gonna sell it for 29.99 used.

Rausch 10-13-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushed god (Post 9007548)
Then they're gonna sell it for 29.99 used.

I paid $20 for it...

kushed god 10-13-2012 11:12 AM

Oh okay, my bad. I'm in Toronto, we have EB games over, not gamestop. I'm assuming they're both the same and extort people. For 20 bucks you could have got a way better game.

Rausch 10-13-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushed god (Post 9007580)
Oh okay, my bad. I'm in Toronto, we have EB games over, not gamestop. I'm assuming they're both the same and extort people. For 20 bucks you could have got a way better game.

Had I known there was no longer an online MP aspect like in R-II I'd never have bought it...

kushed god 10-13-2012 11:55 AM

I made the mistake of buying it when it was 60 bucks. I was pissed because I still had been playing R-II and loving it, I ended up trading it in with 3 other games for uncharted 3.

Gonzo 10-14-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushed god (Post 9007668)
I made the mistake of buying it when it was 60 bucks. I was pissed because I still had been playing R-II and loving it, I ended up trading it in with 3 other games for uncharted 3.

****ing this. Resistance 3 was an abortion. It soiled the awesome franchise and disappointed millions of people. The first two were so good.
I got lucky and traded it in when it was still fairly new. Got half my money back.