ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Foo Fighters to get HBO Series/Documentary (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283717)

OnTheWarpath15 05-15-2014 05:59 PM

Foo Fighters to get HBO Series/Documentary

Uh, yes please.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...bo-documentary

Quote:

A new Foo Fighters album is due out this fall and with the as-yet-untitled effort, HBO will air a new series chronicling the "eight-city odyssey during which the record was created."

The band officially announced their plans on Thursday, May 15, revealing that Foos frontman Dave Grohl directed the series which will visit studios in eight cities: Chicago, Austin, Nashville, Los Angeles, Seattle, New Orleans, Washington, DC and New York.

The band recorded one song at each stop with local legends sitting in (for example, members of Cheap Trick are said to be featured during the Chicago portion, according to a source) while the lyrics were written "in an unprecedented experimental style," reads a statement detailing the project. "Dave held off on putting down words until the last day of each session, so as to be inspired by the experiences, interviews and personalities that became part of the process."

The series, which Worldwide Pants is executive producing, comes on the heels of Grohl's directorial debut, the 2013 Grammy-winning doc "Sound City," which told the story of the Van Nuys, Calif. studio where Nirvana recorded the seminal album "Nevermind" and featured interviews with such iconic artists as Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Neil Young and Trent Reznor, among others. Similarly, the HBO series will, in Grohl's words, present "a love letter to the history of American music" with each episode exploring the cultural impact of these artists' hometowns.

The HBO series is produced in conjunction with James A. Rota, John Ramsay and Therapy studios, and written by Mark Monroe and Grohl for Roswell Films, a division of the Roswell Records label that releases Foo Fighters' music.

An official release date for the Foos' forthcoming eighth album has yet to be announced.

SAUTO 05-15-2014 06:04 PM

That's ****ing awesome.

In
Posted via Mobile Device

lewdog 05-15-2014 07:46 PM

Will watch.

Dayze 05-16-2014 07:32 AM

I was never a fan of FF until the last few years. Dave Grohl is a cool MF

patteeu 05-16-2014 08:37 AM

Sounds great.

jjjayb 05-16-2014 12:02 PM

They already have a great documentary called "Back and Forth". If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. Great movie.

SuperChief 05-16-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjjayb (Post 10633336)
They already have a great documentary called "Back and Forth". If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. Great movie.

So much this. It's great.

I, much like Dayze, only recently got into FF. I ****ing love them now. Wasting Light is an incredible album, on top of their other magnificent productions. Skin and Bones is hands down my favorite acoustic set.

cosmo20002 05-16-2014 03:20 PM

The Sound City doc was pretty interesting.
This actually sounds a little gimmicky with the 8 songs in eight cities, but I'll surely check it out.

Rausch 05-16-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10632918)
I was never a fan of FF until the last few years. Dave Grohl is a cool MF

That man has more talent than most bands today...

Rausch 05-16-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 10633447)
Skin and Bones is hands down my favorite acoustic set.

If you're a FF fan the live show is a must own...

KcMizzou 05-16-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10633837)
That man has more talent than most bands today...

Seems like a humble, great dude too.

KcMizzou 05-16-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10633839)
If you're a FF fan the live show is a must own...

Live at Wembley?

Rausch 05-16-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10633863)
Live at Wembley?

http://www.amazon.com/Foo-Fighters-S.../dp/B000J6I0PM

KcMizzou 05-16-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10633906)

Ah, cool. I'll have to check that out.

The Wembley show was amazing. I caught it one night on Paladia. Crowd was huge and just electric. You could tell the band was a little taken aback. (In a good way)

Dayze 05-17-2014 03:19 PM

didn't he have a fan kicked out of concert because he was starting shit with other people? and I think he gave a fan in the front a beer lol. dude is cool as shit.

Demonpenz 05-17-2014 03:42 PM

Saw foo fighters in KEMPER back a couple years ago. Dave Stop the show asked the spot light to shine on this guy in the very back...and goes..."Dude...you just had to have two beers didn't you?" The guy raised two beers up.

eDave 05-17-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 10635139)
Saw foo fighters in KEMPER back a couple years ago. Dave Stop the show asked the spot light to shine on this guy in the very back...and goes..."Dude...you just had to have two beers didn't you?" The guy raised two beers up.

That's ****ing awesome. I've seen the dude in public. Normal Joe.

rocknrolla 05-18-2014 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10633863)
Live at Wembley?

By far one of the best live concerts!

Coochie liquor 05-18-2014 07:06 AM

Overrated commercial radio garbage. I guess the masses will always listen to what the man puts in your ears. Many should step outside the box of commercial radio.... Few have the will to unfortunately.
"We don't know why we even try to say the things we say cuz in reality nobody hears it anyway, the music starts and they just talk no matter what the words, scream and cheer and spill your beer just like the f***ing herd."..... And then my sig...

htismaqe 05-18-2014 07:44 AM

Wait.

Are you suggesting Foo Fighters is overrated commercial radio garbage?

The guy that ****ing drinks beer with Lemmy at the Rainbow and drums in Tenacious D is "commercial radio garbage"?

Coochie liquor 05-18-2014 08:08 AM

If it sounds like it, and looks like it.... So yep that's what I'm calling Foo fighters. Just cuz you hang out with Lemmy or whatever doesn't change them. To me they're the same as most other bands they play on the radio. Sing, scream, sing repeat. Just my opinion but I couldn't care less about them. Not that my opinion matters! Seems most here are all about mainstream music!

Coochie liquor 05-18-2014 08:16 AM

I'm not saying Dave Grohl isn't a good guy. Just that the music he makes is commercial radio rock. Foo Fighters, nickel back, breaking Benjamin, three days grace. Pop evil. Etc, etc. plenty of good non mainstream stuff out there but you gotta look for it.
Tsunami Rising, Pasadena, Doco, Katastro. SOOO many more!

htismaqe 05-18-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 10636222)
Foo Fighters, nickel back, breaking Benjamin, three days grace.

Um, no.

Not only no but **** no.

Foo Fighters is nothing like those other 3 bands. At all.

Wow.

Coochie liquor 05-18-2014 08:53 AM

Oh ok if you say so all knowing music man! Keep the blinders on.

htismaqe 05-18-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 10636272)
Oh ok if you say so all knowing music man! Keep the blinders on.

ROFL

Get your self-righteous music critic bullshit outta here. Just because you listen to a bunch of bands nobody has ever heard of doesn't mean your shit don't stink.

I've got 1200 albums spanning almost 50 years. I don't ever listen to the radio. I have shit in my collection that even your hipster friends have never heard of. If that's blind, somebody get me a seeing eye dog.

htismaqe 05-18-2014 09:06 AM

By the way, I'm just ****ing with you.

I do think it's pretty silly to lump Foo Fighters in with those other 3 bands. Just because they play a band on the radio doesn't mean it's mass-produced crap.

Some bands write music for the radio but there are also bands that get played on the radio whether they want to be or not.

Do you think Pink Floyd ever intended to be one of the most played (on the radio) bands of all time?

PunkinDrublic 05-18-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

I'm not saying Dave Grohl isn't a good guy. Just that the music he makes is commercial radio rock. Foo Fighters, nickel back, breaking Benjamin, three days grace. Pop evil. Etc, etc. plenty of good non mainstream stuff out there but you gotta look for it.

I tend to agree with you some what. I haven't dug any of the F.F music since the 90s. Their songs have gotten way to ballady for me over the years. I know it's sacriligious to speak ill of saint Grohl but he puts out his share of garbage like everybody else.

htismaqe 05-18-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 10636306)
I tend to agree with you some what. I haven't dug any of the F.F music since the 90s. Their songs have gotten way to ballady for me over the years. I know it's sacriligious to speak ill of saint Grohl but he puts out his share of garbage like everybody else.

The thing is, the guy is involved in dozens of musical projects. He doesn't need money so there's really no incentive for him to pander to airplay interests.

Don't you think it's possible that FF just happens to be the outlet where he gets to express those things? He certainly has plenty of other musical outlets so he doesn't have to (or want to) put all of his creative juice into just Foo Fighters.

You know, if people didn't have emotional relationships with ballads, they wouldn't sell the way they do. Maybe Grohl is actually just a normal human being like the rest of us.

Coochie liquor 05-18-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10636301)
By the way, I'm just ****ing with you.

I do think it's pretty silly to lump Foo Fighters in with those other 3 bands. Just because they play a band on the radio doesn't mean it's mass-produced crap.

Some bands write music for the radio but there are also bands that get played on the radio whether they want to be or not.

Do you think Pink Floyd ever intended to be one of the most played (on the radio) bands of all time?

Lmao, I promise you I'm not a "hipster". There are always exceptions to any rule. Pink Floyd, while not a band that I listen to (although I've prob heard every song more times than I'd like to) brought a dif sound to their music. Most radio friendly bands follow the same recipe to get on the radio. I listen to mostly reggae influenced music. Just my taste. And btw, do you have a phonograph player to listen to those albums on grandpa??

Just kidding :)
Everyone have a great day. Today I marry off my oldest daughter and it's a beautiful day in Tampa Bay! One love

htismaqe 05-18-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 10636320)
Most radio friendly bands follow the same recipe to get on the radio.

Correct. But not all radio friendly bands are that way on purpose (see my previous post). Even though FF SOUNDS radio friendly, they're not writing music to get played on the radio. I can guarantee you that.

Quote:

And btw, do you have a phonograph player to listen to those albums on grandpa??

Why yes, yes I do. And it even has a USB port so that I can rip my albums to MP3. ;)

Quote:

Today I marry off my oldest daughter and it's a beautiful day in Tampa Bay! One love

First, congrats!

Second, **** off. I wish I lived in ****ing Tampa. :)

PunkinDrublic 05-18-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10636309)
The thing is, the guy is involved in dozens of musical projects. He doesn't need money so there's really no incentive for him to pander to airplay interests.

Don't you think it's possible that FF just happens to be the outlet where he gets to express those things? He certainly has plenty of other musical outlets so he doesn't have to (or want to) put all of his creative juice into just Foo Fighters.

You know, if people didn't have emotional relationships with ballads, they wouldn't sell the way they do. Maybe Grohl is actually just a normal human being like the rest of us.

Nobodies saying Daves not a great guy. He definitely seems very humbled and greatful for the opportunities he's been given. I just think F.F have been putting out some underwhelming music for quite some time. People can have an emotional connection with ballads all they want, learning to walk again will still be an overplayed shitty song.

Kidd Lex 05-18-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

You sound clueless, Wasting Light is an excellent album recorded entirely on analog tape and in DGs garage.

Do yourself a favor and drop the pretentious act judging others musical tastes.

If you hate the ffs why click on a thread about foo?

KcMizzou 05-18-2014 05:41 PM

https://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/ima...9791740277.jpg

Coochie liquor 05-19-2014 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 10637275)
You sound clueless, Wasting Light is an excellent album recorded entirely on analog tape and in DGs garage.

Do yourself a favor and drop the pretentious act judging others musical tastes.

If you hate the ffs why click on a thread about foo?

You're right, how dare I have an opinion about FF that you don't agree with. Maybe if you can't stand people with differing opinions on music than you, YOU shouldn't be on a message board. I'm not judging your musical taste by saying I don't like them and that they sound like other radio garbage. And how dare I talk bad about Dave God er Grohl. I don't care how the cd was recorded. I don't care for their music. My taste, my opinion. If there was a thread called "reasons the Broncos are great" on here you might click it even though you don't like the Broncos. So settle down Hitler people can have other views than just yours......

mdstu 05-19-2014 05:50 AM

This place never disappoints.

Dayze 05-19-2014 08:00 AM

they're no 3 Door's Down.

Kidd Lex 05-19-2014 08:04 AM

You see Coochie, the difference is easy to understand so pay attention closely....

This is not a thread debating differing musical tastes, genres, or otherwise. Instead this was a thread created to specifically discuss the FFs new rock doc on hbo. I don't care what music you listen to, but when you stop in and blast the listeners of the foo fighters and compare the band to the likes of nickelback I take exception, not because of your opinion, but because of your uber pretentious soapbox take on music you obviously know very little about. I did not drop in on a thread about little known bands you proclaim gods and start claiming they suck ass and only the foo and their ilk are worth our time.

See the distinction?

Now run along troll, there are people trying to discuss IMO a damn good bands upcoming hbo series....

Coochie liquor 05-19-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 10638001)
You see Coochie, the difference is easy to understand so pay attention closely....

This is not a thread debating differing musical tastes, genres, or otherwise. Instead this was a thread created to specifically discuss the FFs new rock doc on hbo. I don't care what music you listen to, but when you stop in and blast the listeners of the foo fighters and compare the band to the likes of nickelback I take exception, not because of your opinion, but because of your uber pretentious soapbox take on music you obviously know very little about. I did not drop in on a thread about little known bands you proclaim gods and start claiming they suck ass and only the foo and their ilk are worth our time.

See the distinction?

Now run along troll, there are people trying to discuss IMO a damn good bands upcoming hbo series....

Omg, God you're funny. First you prob wanna go back and check as I proclaimed no bands gods. I gave my opinion on the band and offered a few bands that people might want to check out that are equally as good if not better than the crap they play on the radio. I'm sure you might agree that even as far as mainstream rock albums go most of the time they don't even play what some would consider the better tracks off the album. What the radio does is repeat the same songs over and over so if you don't like then immediately they will "grow on you" because they force feed it to you constantly. If you can't handle criticism for a band or a guy that you're obviously full blown Michael Sam for, then maybe a public message board isn't the place for you. So if calling me a troll makes you feel good about yourself then by all means I'm a troll or whatever cool name you call people with a differing view than yourself. Now go get your shine box.....

SuperChief 05-19-2014 05:02 PM

Weird. A person who can't stand what's played on the radio, yet knows all about what's played on the radio.

I don't understand people who come into a thread, knowing full well what it's about, and spew nonsense that's contrary - just for the sake of being contrarian. Then, when they've been thoroughly pulverized for said incompetence, they get on the defensive and put on their "buddy-buddy" hat.

Quit hiding behind the tired "you shouldn't be on a message board if you don't like other opinions blah blah blah BLAH BLAH" adage and GTFO. Stop breathing my air.

Coochie liquor 05-19-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 10638961)
Weird. A person who can't stand what's played on the radio, yet knows all about what's played on the radio.

I don't understand people who come into a thread, knowing full well what it's about, and spew nonsense that's contrary - just for the sake of being contrarian. Then, when they've been thoroughly pulverized for said incompetence, they get on the defensive and put on their "buddy-buddy" hat.

Quit hiding behind the tired "you shouldn't be on a message board if you don't like other opinions blah blah blah BLAH BLAH" adage and GTFO. Stop breathing my air.

Suck a bag full of dick friend :) never seen such a bunch of thin skinned pussies in my whole life than I've encountered on one site. If you can't take the heat...

rocknrolla 05-19-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 10639779)
Suck a bag full of dick friend :) never seen such a bunch of thin skinned pussies in my whole life than I've encountered on one site. If you can't take the heat...

It's only music! Everyone has their opinions, that's what music is all about, you create your own interpretation. You like it or you don't, you have made your point that you obsessively don't like them.

htismaqe 05-20-2014 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 10639779)

Seriously?

You think the reactions you see here are the result of "thin skin"?

When you shit on someone's front porch, they don't get upset because they have thin skin. They get upset because you're a ****ing stupid asshole.

RockChalk 05-20-2014 10:11 AM

Sorry, they made this announcement a few days before my birthday and I considered it a gift from them. I just woke up from blacking out due to pure excitement.

Seen them twice. Kemper and Sprint. When they tour again for the new album, I will be going to multiple shows. Best live show I have ever been to, hands down.

Kidd Lex 05-20-2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 10640509)
Sorry, they made this announcement a few days before my birthday and I considered it a gift from them. I just woke up from blacking out due to pure excitement.

Seen them twice. Kemper and Sprint. When they tour again for the new album, I will be going to multiple shows. Best live show I have ever been to, hands down.

Damn, that good?! Have you seen Muse live? Pretty incredible, like a spaceship landing on your head. Probably similar to what Queen would have been like in their prime.

Btw I saw Muse at the Midland before they were HUGE and on the radio. Street cred? :)

htismaqe 05-20-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 10641008)
Damn, that good?! Have you seen Muse live? Pretty incredible, like a spaceship landing on your head. Probably similar to what Queen would have been like in their prime.

Btw I saw Muse at the Midland before they were HUGE and on the radio. Street cred? :)

I really want to see Muse live. Everybody that's seen them said it was transcendent...

RockChalk 05-20-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10641012)
I really want to see Muse live. Everybody that's seen them said it was transcendent...

Had tickets to their show at Sprint a few years ago. They ended up canceling because Christopher's (bassist) wife was due around the same date as the show.

frankotank 05-21-2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 10635139)

you sure that was Kemper? he did that at sprint center a couple years ago. matter of fact I was on the floor and when they came to the little rear stage I walked right up to him and got some great pics on shitty cell phone. (attached below)

some interesting comments in here. I think Foo is one of the greats. I've often wondered what Grohls life would be if dumbass Kurt hadn't killed himself. would he ever have realized his potential? would he still be behind the drumset?

I've wondered how nervous drummers must have been to audition for Grohl! like....damn..... be like auditioning to play guitar in Stevie Rays band! hahaha!

today's Foo isn't yesterdays Foo. some like the newer stuff....some don't. I appreciate it all....I'm a huge fan.....but my heart lies in the older stuff. but to say they suck.....wow.....I just don't get it.

country isn't my thing. but there IS some good country out there (even though it's really rock n roll nowadays) I appreciate good music....even if it's not my bag. so to throw a blanket statement out there that Foo sucks.....wow. WHICH FOO? old Foo? new Foo? oh no....ALL FOO! just dumb.

lastly.....Not Enough Space is possibly my fav Foo song. how in the HELL can he scream like that night after night? and that bitch sounds GOOOOOD live! ain't no lip syncing bullshit. Foo is badass. Grohl kicks ass.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1478
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1479
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1480

patteeu 05-21-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10643360)
you sure that was Kemper? he did that at sprint center a couple years ago. matter of fact I was on the floor and when they came to the little rear stage I walked right up to him and got some great pics on shitty cell phone. (attached below)

some interesting comments in here. I think Foo is one of the greats. I've often wondered what Grohls life would be if dumbass Kurt hadn't killed himself. would he ever have realized his potential? would he still be behind the drumset?

I've wondered how nervous drummers must have been to audition for Grohl! like....damn..... be like auditioning to play guitar in Stevie Rays band! hahaha!

today's Foo isn't yesterdays Foo. some like the newer stuff....some don't. I appreciate it all....I'm a huge fan.....but my heart lies in the older stuff. but to say they suck.....wow.....I just don't get it.

country isn't my thing. but there IS some good country out there (even though it's really rock n roll nowadays) I appreciate good music....even if it's not my bag. so to throw a blanket statement out there that Foo sucks.....wow. WHICH FOO? old Foo? new Foo? oh no....ALL FOO! just dumb.

lastly.....Not Enough Space is possibly my fav Foo song. how in the HELL can he scream like that night after night? and that bitch sounds GOOOOOD live! ain't no lip syncing bullshit. Foo is badass. Grohl kicks ass.

A lot of it really is.

frankotank 05-22-2014 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10643602)
A lot of it really is.

if the Eagles came out as a brand new band today....they'd call them country.
I find this a tad annoying. southern rock......is ROCK. the end.

but hey.....good on ya country folks for successfully peddling rock off on the young country fans. they are all....yay country! umm....ever heard of 38 special? it's rock man. rock.

patteeu 05-22-2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10644782)
if the Eagles came out as a brand new band today....they'd call them country.
I find this a tad annoying. southern rock......is ROCK. the end.

but hey.....good on ya country folks for successfully peddling rock off on the young country fans. they are all....yay country! umm....ever heard of 38 special? it's rock man. rock.

Yep. I was a big Bob Seger fan in the 70s and a lot of his stuff could pass for country today. The Eagles and 38 Special are even better examples.

htismaqe 05-22-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10644809)
Yep. I was a big Bob Seger fan in the 70s and a lot of his stuff could pass for country today. The Eagles and 38 Special are even better examples.

Did you know that several of Bob Seger's hits were written by the Swampers, who were famously mentioned in "Sweet Home Alabama"?

I watched a PBS documentary the other night about Muscle Shoals, it was REALLY cool. Etta James, Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, the Stones, Skynyrd. Really, eye opening.

patteeu 05-22-2014 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10644818)
Did you know that several of Bob Seger's hits were written by the Swampers, who were famously mentioned in "Sweet Home Alabama"?

I watched a PBS documentary the other night about Muscle Shoals, it was REALLY cool. Etta James, Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, the Stones, Skynyrd. Really, eye opening.

No, I had no idea. Interesting.

htismaqe 05-22-2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10644852)
No, I had no idea. Interesting.

It started with FAME Studios.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FAME_Studios

And then the in-house guys from there started their own company (Seger actually worked with them after they left FAME).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_..._Sound_Studios

WilliamTheIrish 05-22-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Yes, it was at the Kemper show. Grohl was in great form that night. Big guy with two beers got spotlighted and Grohl said "I'm going .... You and me... We are going to the titty bar together".

Seen them several times. The show at Kemper was just unbelievable. Sprint Center was great also, but something about that 07? show made it stand out for me.

When they return, I'll be there.

RockChalk 05-22-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10645161)
Yes, it was at the Kemper show. Grohl was in great form that night. Big guy with two beers got spotlighted and Grohl said "I'm going .... You and me... We are going to the titty bar together".

Seen them several times. The show at Kemper was just unbelievable. Sprint Center was great also, but something about that 07? show made it stand out for me.

They dropped the 2nd stage from the ceiling at that '07 show, right? Played like a 45 minute acoustic set. I'm pretty sure they played for almost 3 hours that night.

frankotank 05-22-2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10645161)

he said the exact same thing at the sprint center show.
oh well....it's a good bit.

WilliamTheIrish 05-22-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 10645176)
They dropped the 2nd stage from the ceiling at that '07 show, right? Played like a 45 minute acoustic set. I'm pretty sure they played for almost 3 hours that night.

That's the one. Incredible show. And FUN.

WilliamTheIrish 05-22-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10645565)
he said the exact same thing at the sprint center show.
oh well....it's a good bit.

It was similar. But the one penz was talking about was definitely the Kemper Show.

frankotank 05-23-2014 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10646155)
It was similar. But the one penz was talking about was definitely the Kemper Show.

well....I was there. it was the EXACT same shtick. not that there's anything wrong with that.....but he did the same thing at Sprint center.

that's OK Dave....I still love you man.

RockChalk 05-23-2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10646147)
That's the one. Incredible show. And FUN.

We went and pre-partied somewhere downtown before that Kemper Show. Arrived about 15 minutes before Foos kicked off their set. Rocked our ass off for 3 hours, then were so hyped after, went out to the parking lot and killed a liter of polish brandy.

WilliamTheIrish 05-23-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 10646698)
We went and pre-partied somewhere downtown before that Kemper Show. Arrived about 15 minutes before Foos kicked off their set. Rocked our ass off for 3 hours, then were so hyped after, went out to the parking lot and killed a liter of polish brandy.

They led off with Let It Die, right? Seriously, it was one of the top 5 shows I've ever seen.

WilliamTheIrish 05-23-2014 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10646597)
well....I was there. it was the EXACT same shtick. not that there's anything wrong with that.....but he did the same thing at Sprint center.

that's OK Dave....I still love you man.

I know frank. I was there too. It was similar. But it wasn't the SAME schtick or the same show.ya feel me? ;)

RockChalk 05-23-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10646844)
They led off with Let It Die, right? Seriously, it was one of the top 5 shows I've ever seen.

Yes. Killed it from the first song, on. Ended up playing 22 songs that night. Although the show was in July '08. We were off in memory by a year.

I've linked the set list because it makes me happy

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/foo-fi...-5bd79b70.html

WilliamTheIrish 05-23-2014 11:34 AM

Ah yes. That's a memorable set list.

RockChalk 06-02-2014 01:47 PM

Interview with Grohl, plus a teaser for the HBO series, Sonic Highways

https://music.yahoo.com/news/rock-ha...140000848.html

RockChalk 10-13-2014 03:14 PM

Extended promo for the show

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QisGE_h8lrU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RockChalk 10-14-2014 02:16 PM

They're on Letterman all week...

Nice cover of War Pigs along with Zac Brown last night

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Fv5ekzTubwU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiTown 10-14-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 11013654)
They're on Letterman all week...

Nice cover of War Pigs along with Zac Brown last night

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Fv5ekzTubwU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was ****ing awesome!

RockChalk 10-17-2014 07:38 AM

New single dropped yesterday, "Something From Nothing". Pretty sick

You can listen to it for free via their website or on iTunes.

ChiTown 10-21-2014 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 11023382)
New single dropped yesterday, "Something From Nothing". Pretty sick

You can listen to it for free via their website or on iTunes.

That was great. Thanks for the heads up.

Pablo 10-21-2014 01:54 PM

DVR'd the first episode. Pretty awesome stuff, definitely worth a watch if you're a FF/rock/music fan in general.