ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Pick a turd (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266415)

BoneKrusher 11-09-2012 03:25 PM

cant pick w/o researching.
cant go wrong with either of these turds, all three are shitty..

Rain Man 11-09-2012 03:52 PM

I think Gunther is a bit unfairly maligned as a head coach, to be honest. He wasn't Vince Lombardi, but he was light-years beyond Herm.

Herm would be my bottom choice. Please recall his field goal strategy, and please recall the game against Indy where he went all conservative and punted the ball to Manning in overtime. I'll now give him credit for infusing the team with some talented players, but as a game day coach it's hard to imagine someone worse.

As for Crennel, I can't tell that he's even alive during the games. From my perspective, it seems like he stands there and meditates and the team plays the game and then the final whistle snaps him out of his trance.

So my order of preference would be:

1. Gunther - present and involved in game day, and I don't remember him gumming stuff up with bad decisions.

2. Crennel - gives the pigeons a place to roost, provides no positives and no negatives.

3. Herm - Actively screws up clock management, actively stops drives, doesn't push for scoring, generally makes the team worse on game day.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-09-2012 04:48 PM

LMAO Ain't that some shit. I picked Herm expecting to get blasted, and most of you ****ers did too.

wazu 11-09-2012 06:40 PM

Gunther. Seems like he pretty much got what he could out of the team during his two years as HC. Herm would just go insanely conservative and kill us that way. Romeo is just unprepared and in over his head in every way as a head coach. No way should he ever coach another game after this year.

LiveSteam 11-09-2012 06:41 PM

Is this a trick question or something ?

Pasta Little Brioni 11-09-2012 06:41 PM

Hermines

wazu 11-09-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9102215)
Is this a trick question or something ?

I know. Just pick the one with the best record as a head coach and move on.

Easy 6 11-09-2012 06:49 PM

Would you rather get shot in the eye, mouth or temple?

Molitoth 11-09-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9101790)
I think Gunther is a bit unfairly maligned as a head coach, to be honest. He wasn't Vince Lombardi, but he was light-years beyond Herm.

Herm would be my bottom choice. Please recall his field goal strategy, and please recall the game against Indy where he went all conservative and punted the ball to Manning in overtime. I'll now give him credit for infusing the team with some talented players, but as a game day coach it's hard to imagine someone worse.

As for Crennel, I can't tell that he's even alive during the games. From my perspective, it seems like he stands there and meditates and the team plays the game and then the final whistle snaps him out of his trance.

So my order of preference would be:

1. Gunther - present and involved in game day, and I don't remember him gumming stuff up with bad decisions.

2. Crennel - gives the pigeons a place to roost, provides no positives and no negatives.

3. Herm - Actively screws up clock management, actively stops drives, doesn't push for scoring, generally makes the team worse on game day.

This is exactly why I picked Gunther.
Rain Man ftw.

DaneMcCloud 11-09-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9101596)
I never liked the way he played the game not to lose. He didn't play it to win.

Neither did Marty

DaneMcCloud 11-09-2012 09:14 PM

Untracked.

**** Gunther.

Psyko Tek 11-09-2012 10:09 PM

Gunther, we will still lose but the crazy, drunk, german was at least fun to watch

tk13 11-09-2012 10:11 PM

Easily Herm. I can't believe you'd pick Gunther. The guy has been in the NFL for like 30 years and I think he's been a part of 3 or 4 playoff wins. And most of those were as Tennessee's LB coach, I do believe.

Easy 6 11-09-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9102604)
Easily Herm. I can't believe you'd pick Gunther. The guy has been in the NFL for like 30 years and I think he's been a part of 3 or 4 playoff wins. And most of those were as Tennessee's LB coach, I do believe.

After some i thought i ended up on Gun.

Say what you will about him, but dont say he was too conservative, you could atleast lose going down fighting.

Herm at Indy in the playoffs sealed his fate with me, nuff said.

Romeo makes Herm look like Field Marshall Clausewitz Von Patton.

Rip off your sleeves, grow a beard and lose like a MAN.

tk13 11-09-2012 10:44 PM

At the same time, Herm once won a playoff game by 41 points. I do believe it was also the only time a Peyton Manning offense was shut out. Ever. That's probably more impressive than anything the other two guys ever did as a head coach.

To give a perspective, the Chiefs have won a playoff game by more than 10 points twice in franchise history.