ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Michael Turner charged with DUI after Monday Night Football game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263889)

Deberg_1990 09-18-2012 08:47 AM

Michael Turner charged with DUI after Monday Night Football game

:facepalm:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...GlvbnM-;_ylv=3

Hours after rushing for 42 yards and a touchdown in the Atlanta Falcons' 27-21 win over the Denver Broncos on Monday Night Football, Falcons running back Michael Turner was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol in Gwinnett County, Georgia, Mike Morris of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

According to the report, Turner was booked into Gwinnett County Jail shortly after 5 a.m. ET and was released a few hours later after posting $2,179 bond. Turner was also charged with speeding, but no other details of his arrest are known at this time.

"We're aware of the situation with Michael, but it's really not appropriate to comment on it," Falcons head coach Mike Smith told SIRIUS NFL Radio on Tuesday morning. "We'll keep the communication internal with myself and Michael, and we'll deal with it as it progresses."

Turner could face discipline from the league office for his DUI arrest, but NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell usually does not take action until the legal process has run its course. As evidenced by Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch's DUI case, that may not happen until after the 2012 season. Barring any team discipline, Turner should remain available to the Falcons for the duration of the season.

Turner, 30, is earning $5 million in base salary in the fifth season of a six-year, $34 million contract he signed with the Falcons as a free agent in the 2008 offseason. Turner spent the first four seasons of his career with the San Diego Chargers, who had selected the running back in the fifth round of the 2004 NFL Draft out of Northern Illinois.

In his first four-plus seasons in Atlanta, Turner ran for 5,355 yards and has scored a franchise-record 51 rushing touchdowns, earning Pro Bowl honors following the 2008 and 2010 seasons. Turner led the NFL in rushing attempts in those Pro Bowl seasons, but as the Falcons have become more of a passing offense, Turner has had a reduced role in the offense. Through two games, Turner has just 28 rushing attempts for 74 yards and a touchdown.

gblowfish 09-18-2012 08:53 AM

I think they said on the news he was clocked doing 97 in a 65 mph zone.

lcarus 09-18-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8924343)
I think they said on the news he was clocked doing 97 in a 65 mph zone.

Hell I do that all the time. Course...I'm not shitfaced when I do it.

Buck 09-18-2012 09:06 AM

Suspend him for 1 game plz.

The Franchise 09-18-2012 09:13 AM

I heard he tried to run from the cops but he only made it a yard before he fell down.

Nzoner 09-18-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8924414)
I heard he tried to run from the cops but he only made it a yard before he fell down.

LMAO

InChiefsHeaven 09-18-2012 09:23 AM

Another dumbass gozillionaire who can't get someone to drive him when he's tied one on...also, one would think partying after playing a whole football game would not be something you'd want to do. Sounds like dude has a problem to me.

kczoo 09-18-2012 09:45 AM

This story is not true. No way Turner is fast enough to be considered "speeding."

vailpass 09-18-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8924442)
Another dumbass gozillionaire who can't get someone to drive him when he's tied one on...also, one would think partying after playing a whole football game would not be something you'd want to do. Sounds like dude has a problem to me.

:spock: No, that is exactly what you want to do. Hell we learned that in high school.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-18-2012 09:59 AM

Dude looks done after 2 weeks.

Rain Man 09-18-2012 10:11 AM

At one point late in the third quarter, I could've sworn that he pulled out a little flask in the huddle, but I decided that I must've seen it wrong. Guess not.

InChiefsHeaven 09-18-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8924538)
:spock: No, that is exactly what you want to do. Hell we learned that in high school.

I guess...I just figure he'd be a little sore, and tired. I could see having a few but getting all ****ed up and driving home at 5 AM seems a bit extreme...

vailpass 09-18-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8924669)
I guess...I just figure he'd be a little sore, and tired. I could see having a few but getting all ****ed up and driving home at 5 AM seems a bit extreme...

Monday night win over Denver, in your hometown, where you are a celebrity that everyone at the club just watched on TV or in the stadium a few hours earlier. Everyone wants to buy your drinks and you have to pass out numbers to the girls that want to blow you so they don't stampede each other.

Or you could sit home on your couch and congratulate yourself on your sobriety.

Where you and I agree 100% is the driving home part. By now they all know the deal. Those, like Turner, that are too stupid to handle their business deserve to be arrested and punished. Hope Goodell throws the book at him hard and heavy. To me an NFL player getting DUI is much worse than the bounty accusations against Vilma et al.

ThaVirus 09-18-2012 10:40 AM

Man, I'd have been all up in the club after a MNF game. Gettin' shmammered and ****in' bitches!

vailpass 09-18-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8924714)
Man, I'd have been all up in the club after a MNF game. Gettin' shmammered and ****in' bitches!

I'm not even sure what some of those words mean but me too.