ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs This coaching staff (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269363)

Phobia 01-26-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9354324)
Why hasn't Childress been announced as part of the staff? Is that a sure thing?

Word on Albert talks? Bowe?

Don't know about Childress. I'm also not sure on how everything works under the new CBA but signing periods for a team's free agents used to start in late february along with designated tagging periods as well.

Thig Lyfe 01-26-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9354341)
If I had a dime for every time I've heard that...

you'd have a nickel

HemiEd 01-27-2013 03:31 AM

Never did think he was cheap, just thought he let Pioli be cheap. He tried it his Dad's way, of letting his GM do it all and control everything.

I like it that he has decided that method wasn't working and is having the HC report directly to him.

Agree on the banner for he beginning of the season thanking him and welcoming the new staff.

CoMoChief 01-27-2013 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9354317)
Agree, Frank. If this staff can't do something huge, something huge will never happen in KC.

yup

ChiefGator 01-27-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9354704)
Agree on the banner for he beginning of the season thanking him and welcoming the new staff.

Absolutely. That would be one class move. I'll pitch in for it.

AussieChiefsFan 01-27-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9354307)
Reid is making between 35-40 million on his 5 year deal.

Have the specifics of the deal been announced (ie total contract worth). Also, between 35-40, would that make him the highest paid coach?

Ace Gunner 01-27-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9354307)
There's 19 people (not including strength or conditioning coaches) on this staff.

That's an enormous staff.

I don't know what happened to Childress coming on, but I guess there's still room for him.

I can't criticize Clark for being cheap ever again. He's paying Romeo 7 million to sit at home and eat, he had to eat money with the staff contracts that were re-upped prior to last season, paid ***** between 10-13 million to go away, still may end up paying Haley the 2 million he's owed.

On top of that. Reid is making between 35-40 million on his 5 year deal. I don't know what Dorsey got, but he has a 5 year deal as well. Dave Toub got close a million to be the ST coach.

We have 3 quality control coaches, a stat coordinator on staff, and an assistant special teams coach that's regarded as one of the 5 best ST coaches in the NFL.

I really didn't think Clark had it in him to do all of this and re-shape this franchise in just basically 4 weeks.

This staff went from being a ****ing laughable joke to being one of the deepest with tons of upcoming coaches.

Just remarkable. I really think there should be a collection taken to fly a banner at the home opener thanking for making the change. This guy was ****ing hammered with emails (I sent at least 1 every 2 days), banners flying, radio shows killing him and I think deserves the recognition at the opener. Hopefully SOC can pull something like that off.

He's at least a season late for my taste. Probably should have canned snotty after the playoff loss, really, since it was apparent mattydusa was finished.

No, I'll give him the nod here -- it is a lot of $$ & well needed change, but I won't put up any cash reward until I see some wins and real QB's on the roster.

You need good coaching, but you need better players or even the best coaches won't win.

htismaqe 01-27-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9354345)
Don't know about Childress. I'm also not sure on how everything works under the new CBA but signing periods for a team's free agents used to start in late february along with designated tagging periods as well.

It's always right around the 1st of March.

milkman 01-27-2013 09:12 AM

I've never understood the belief by most that Clark was cheap.

He paid top dollar for the guy that was the most sought after GM candidate in the league when he hired Pioli.

He then got out of the ay and gave Pioli all the power to make every other decision relating tothis team.

Pioli was the cheap bastard.

mdchiefsfan 01-27-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9354836)
I've never understood the belief by most that Clark was cheap.

He paid top dollar for the guy that was the most sought after GM candidate in the league when he hired *****.

He then got out of the ay and gave ***** all the power to make every other decision relating tothis team.

***** was the cheap bastard.

A lot of people, (I'll admit) including me, thought that Pioli was the puppet for Clark's cheapness. Never been more happy to be proven wrong.

Red Brooklyn 01-27-2013 09:40 AM

I've got nothing but love for Clark. The way he handled Pioli and the off season cemented it for me. He's not flawless. But so far I'm been impressed by him more often than not.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-27-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9354331)
Clark's a billionaire and few million is like pocket change for this guy and besides he knows the business side of it because if does a HUGE thing like Phobes said and goes well he will literally make a helluva a lot more than what it cost him to buyout the previous staff.

According to Kevin Harlin when it comes to NFL money. The Hunts are closer to the bottom in over all worth. They don't have Kraft billions.

Molitoth 01-27-2013 10:20 AM

Why should SOC do any thanking when it didn't have anything to do with the regime change? /true fan

Teehee

Carlota69 01-27-2013 10:34 AM

I'll pitch in on a banner.
What would it say? "Thank you Clark"?

The Bad Guy 01-27-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9354763)
He's at least a season late for my taste. Probably should have canned snotty after the playoff loss, really, since it was apparent mattydusa was finished.

No, I'll give him the nod here -- it is a lot of $$ & well needed change, but I won't put up any cash reward until I see some wins and real QB's on the roster.

You need good coaching, but you need better players or even the best coaches won't win.

Get the **** out of here. He's going to can the GM after a playoff loss?