ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Last minute run on a free agent? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=182846)

booger 04-11-2008 09:54 PM

Last minute run on a free agent?

Been pondering this for awhile now.

The 18th is the last day for teams to sign RFA's to offer sheets. Not sure but i think the same holds true for franchise and transition Fa's.

I wonder if we make a run for Max Starks to play RT. He has the transition tag like Tait did a few years back. No compensation needed. Just a hefty contract they won't match.

He is coming off his rookie contract and only 26.

Could give us more flexibility at #5 and beyond in the draft.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-11-2008 09:56 PM

No. He gargles my balls.

booger 04-11-2008 09:59 PM

you let other men play with your junk?

TMI

Mr. Kotter 04-11-2008 10:13 PM

Started his all games as a second year and third year....as a Steeler, before missing action last year with an injury....I take it?

If that's accurate, he would become the 3rd best Offensive lineman on our team; why not (at least) make him an offer? :hmmm:

Or did Colon just take his spot? :shrug:

booger 04-11-2008 10:18 PM

No injury, lost his starting job to Trai Essex, i think that's who anyway.

Edit

Thought wrong: It was Willie Colon who beat him out.

Mr. Kotter 04-11-2008 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 4680203)
No injury, lost his starting job to Trai Essex, i think that's who anyway.

I don't follow the Steelers closely....anyone know what the circumstances were? Did Essex or Colon wrestle the job from him....or was he injured? :shrug:

pr_capone 04-11-2008 10:45 PM

Sweet... another young kid from the Steelers we can pay big money to.

We should sign him.... since Bell is gone, we no longer have an ex-steeler hogging up a major chunk of our salary cap and sucking balls while doing so.

Mr. Kotter 04-11-2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 4680219)
Sweet... another young kid from the Steelers we can pay big money to.

We should sign him.... since Bell is gone, we no longer have an ex-steeler hogging up a major chunk of our salary cap and sucking balls while doing so.

Well, since you wanna go ahead and rain on my parade....and destroy any hope....vanquish any optimism that may show....it's hideously ugly face....to a Chief's fan, anyway...I can see your point.

Cancel my hopeful and optimistic perspective. Nevermind. :(

:deevee:

Logical 04-11-2008 10:50 PM

Not worth the gamble, probably not going to happen. The only thing I see happening prior to the draft might be a player for some other teams draft choice(s).

greg63 04-11-2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 4680181)
No. He gargles my balls.

Everyone has a talent.

BIG K 04-11-2008 11:02 PM

Does no one think the Chiefs might wait until June 2 cuts to fill some holes left after the draft? It would seem to make the most sense to me..

Mr. Kotter 04-11-2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG K (Post 4680242)
Does no one think the Chiefs might wait until June 2 cuts to fill some holes left after the draft? It would seem to make the most sense to me..

Sure they will "try." Heck though, the best I expect is that Herm will complain that, somehow, Tampa and Miami....violated NFL rules by negotiating with agents of players we had "targeted".....and they sign, before we can.

But that's like draggin' your 16 year old girl to the "Goodwill Thriftshop" one week before school starts....and expecting her to be 'happy' about it. Heh.

:cuss:

BIG K 04-11-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 4680279)
Sure they will "try." Heck though, the best I expect is that Herm will complain that, somehow, Tampa and Miami....violated NFL rules by negotiating with agents of players we had "targeted".....and they sign, before we can.

But that's like draggin' your 16 year old girl to the "Goodwill Thriftshop" one week before school starts....and expecting her to be 'happy' about it. Heh.

:cuss:

Perhaps I should have qualified that statement by saying it like this: To the Chiefs that would make the most sense.
Thank you for showing me my error! :)

booger 04-11-2008 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG K (Post 4680242)

All about the $$$$.

Herm has mentioned going through minicamps and OTA's and adding potential vets if needed before camp. Said that is if a specific player needs a year to sit and learn or isn't ready. Then the vet player would be signed only 1 yr, not 2-3 years. Can't remember but i read or heard that earlier this offseason.

booger 04-11-2008 11:58 PM

I just think it is very possible yet to see someone seriously consider him before the deadline.

A former starter and 2nd rd pick plus his young age........unless there are unknows like character or injury.

If we are high on Otah, Starks is in that same mold. Seems like a Gailey type of OL to me.