ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   No Wonder the Chiefs are Terrible (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=181551)

catfish307 03-13-2008 12:14 PM

No Wonder the Chiefs are Terrible

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs...s_are_Terrible

<TABLE class=tBlogHeaderBox cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 15px; PADDING-LEFT: 15px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" vAlign=center align=middle width="100%">Sports Graffiti
by: JCScheffres
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=tPostContainerFirst style="MARGIN: 3px 0px 0px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 6px" colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tBackgroundPostTL></TD><TD class=tBackgroundPost>http://community.foxsports.com/FoxSp...es/blogs/s.gif</TD><TD class=tBackgroundPostTR></TD></TR><TR><TD class=tBackgroundPost style="PADDING-LEFT: 10px" colSpan=3><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2>No Wonder the Chiefs are Terrible
Mar 12, 2008 | 11:16AM | report this I was out in Las Vegas over the weekend and took notice of the favorites to win the Super Bowl next year. Your Kansas City Chiefs, at 225-1 odds, are tied with the Falcons for the worst odds to win the Championship.

I'm not the least bit surprised. They don't have a clue. GM Carl Peterson, he of the two playoff wins in 20 years as the President of the team, doesn't believe in signing free agents, so he's let talented players such as Bernard Berrian, and Alan Faneca, two players I was desperately hoping the Chiefs would take a look at, sign elsewhere. Instead Peterson has opted to bring in two free agents I've never heard of: WR Devard Darling, and LB Demorrio Williams. Peterson's strategy of relying heavily on the draft (much like the Pittsburgh Steelers) to replenish talent is not entirely bad in and of itself. Except that Peterson can't draft! Since 2000 (8 total NFL drafts), Peterson has drafted three Pro Bowlers (Dante Hall, Larry Johnson, and Jared Allen). Over that time, Pittsburgh has draftd six Pro Bowlers but three more are worthy.

The Chiefs have the second lowest payroll in the NFL, about $45 million less than what New England spent last year. They've just recently released high salaried players Ty Law ($5 million), and Eddie Kennison ($2.1 million), and a host of other players (Kendrell Bell, Eddie Drummond, Greg Wesley, and Samie Parker), players whose salries total in excess of $10 million, don't figure to be back. There's no reason Kansas City couldn't have been a bigger player in the Faneca sweepstakes. I've heard nothing about the Chiefs' interest in Derek Anderson or Donovan McNabb either.

The biggest problem with Peterson's philosophy is his goal at the beginning of every season. As we learned on HBO's Hard Knocks last year, Peterson addresses his subordinates each training camp stating that the team's goal is "to win the trophy bearing our founder's name." Of course, that trophy would be that of Lamar Hunt, which goes to the team that wins the AFC each year. I wonder if Peterson realizes that by winning the Lombardi trophy he'll have automatically addressed all other trophies coming before it. If your goal isn't to win the Super Bowl, it's never going to happen.

When the Chiefs finish the 2008 season at 4-12 again, it'll be high time for Chiefs fans to see Peterson's head on a stick outside Arrowhead Stadium. While we're there, might as well bring Herm Edwards with him.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hammock Parties 03-13-2008 12:15 PM

What an original blog post.

Rooster 03-13-2008 12:19 PM

It's just a blog. :lame:

Duck Dog 03-13-2008 12:30 PM

Sounds like every other thread on CP.

htismaqe 03-13-2008 12:33 PM

McNabb?

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

alanm 03-13-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 4629120)
McNabb?

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

The guy lost me at that one.

catfish307 03-13-2008 12:44 PM

McNabb would be the last straw. I hate that MF!

ChiefsCountry 03-13-2008 12:45 PM

Did 88 write that?

htismaqe 03-13-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 4629142)
Did 88 write that?

ROFL

PhillyChiefFan 03-13-2008 12:53 PM

I have every right to hate McNabb. Why would we sign him, has he completed a single season in the last 6 without an injury? The ONLY reason they did well last year was because of Jeff Garcia. And I'm pretty sure he was dressed in red this past season.

There are people here that think he is a god, why...OH WHY would a REBUILDING team...as has been stressed over and over...try and get an overrated over the hill QB?
Gotta agree on Faneca though.
Somehow I must turn this into Carl's folly...Can someone explain to me why CP wouldn't want to spend more money on players?? Any reason why we have the second lowest payroll in the NFL???

|Zach| 03-13-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 4629142)
Did 88 write that?

No it actually brings up an idea of what the Chiefs should do. Even if it is a bad idea. All 88 can do is bitch. He literally can't do anything else.

keg in kc 03-13-2008 01:14 PM

I didn't realize Bernard Berrian and Alan Faneca were the missing pieces between us and a Superbowl. Although I'd probably know that if I spent more time here gleaning the wisdom the planet has to offer.

kcxiv 03-13-2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 4629212)
I didn't realize Bernard Berrian and Alan Faneca were the missing pieces between us and a Superbowl. Although I'd probably know that if I spent more time here gleaning the wisdom the planet has to offer.

I dont think he said they were the missing pieces, but we have already tanked 2008. I know we werent going to compete. I been saying 5-11 at best, but they dont even seem to be trying. Like i posted over at the coalition, Croyle better eat steak after steak with a few burgers in between. His toothpick ass may be snapped in half next year.

Chief Faithful 03-13-2008 01:24 PM

You may want to become a Jets fan. They are a 4-12 team doing a great job of signing all the old big name veterans to big contracts to make a run at the playoffs.

mfkrush 03-13-2008 01:25 PM

LMAO, you don't want Bernard Berrian. He couldn't catch AIDS at a gay bar.