ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Denver - LMAO John Fox is a moron (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268807)

Coogs 01-14-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9316550)
The people who secretly love Herm Edwards have really been coming out of the closet in this thread....LMAO just ****ing unbelievable really.

I don't know how many times I have to explain this. It was 3rd ****ing down. They only had 7 yds to go...it wasn't 12 or 15yds....it was 7. Denver signed Peyton Manning for a shit ton of money not so he can run the ****ing ball on 3rd n 7 in crucial situation where a 1st down WINS YOU THE GAME. He's prob the best QB along w/ Brady of this generation. You put the ball in his hands to make a 3rd down conversion.

Some of you are going full Herm-tard and are afraid that Manning will throw an INT in that scenario. I mean that's playing it as conservative as humanly ****ing possible. If he throws an INT, then ya know what? That's on Manning, not Fox. But chances are Manning is more likely to either take a sack, or throw an incomplete pass if the guy isn't open. And if that happens then fine....it's 4th down and you punt the ball to the opposing offense and have your "3rd best NFL defense" try and stop the other team from going 80 yds.

If you convert 7 god damn yds, you win the ****ing game....you at least try to win the game in that scenario. No reason also to kneel w/ 30 sec left when you have 2 TO's. That was another bonehead mistake.

I'm not saying you are wrong. It is just hard fault running the clock down to 1:15... and then punting. You have a 7 point lead... not a 3 point lead. They have no TO's. You have the 3rd rated defense in the league.

Seen a lot more teams win using that method than lose.

Now the kneel down and go to OT with 30 seconds and 2 TO's... you are spot on there.

Crush 01-14-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 9316680)
There would be those who would point out they were at home and putting Manning in a hurry up situation in sub below conditions was risky or whatever~

Then why is he the starting QB if they're not going to trust him to put the team on his back and do his damn job?

RNR 01-14-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9316770)
Then why is he the starting QB if they're not going to trust him to put the team on his back and do his damn job?

You clearly have mistaken me for Bronco/Manning apologist. I was just pointing out that the 2nd guessing game goes on no matter what. A better question is how and the hell does a receiver get behind the safety to put them in that situation to begin with~

Coogs 01-14-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 9316791)
You clearly have mistaken me for Bronco/Manning apologist. I was just pointing out that the 2nd guessing game goes on no matter what. A better question is how and the hell does a receiver get behind the safety to put them in that situation to begin with~

:clap:

CoMoChief 01-14-2013 09:25 AM

7 yards....3rd down

you make it....you win the game....and the hail mary doesn't even happen.

you don't make it....you punt the ball....and hope the defense stops the opposing offense.

Chiefnj2 01-14-2013 09:42 AM

Didn't Manning come out and say that he audibled to a run on the 3rd and 7 play?

Maybe Manning and his coaches were aware that his arm was completely shot and that influenced the playcalling and approach to the game down the stretch.

Predarat 01-14-2013 09:56 AM

John Fox coached a horrible game. If Marty had Montana in that same situation at the end of the game, I think he would actually try to get a FG out of it. With Bono, Elvis ect he may take the knee like Fox did, but Fox had Paid A Ton ****ing Mooning!

-King- 01-14-2013 09:58 AM

“That was an audible,” Manning said of the 3rd-and-7 Hillman run. “Don’t put that on [offensive coordinator] MIke McCoy.”

http://m.si.com/1068859/offensive-ou...erence-finals/
Posted via Mobile Device

Crush 01-14-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9316861)
Didn't Manning come out and say that he audibled to a run on the 3rd and 7 play?

Maybe Manning and his coaches were aware that his arm was completely shot and that influenced the playcalling and approach to the game down the stretch.

That still doesn't excuse wasting those two timeouts at the game. Hell, he did the same exact thing at the end of the first half with all three timeouts. Fox dun goofed and the consequences will never be the same.

Crush 01-14-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 9316791)

My bad. Yeah, Rahim Moore seriously ****ed up on that play.

-King- 01-14-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9316907)
That still doesn't excuse wasting those two timeouts at the game. Hell, he did the same exact thing at the end of the first half with all three timeouts. Fox dun goofed and the consequences will never be the same.

No one is arguing about those plays though. We're all talking about the 3rd and 7 play.
Posted via Mobile Device

Crush 01-14-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9316914)
No one is arguing about those plays though. We're all talking about the 3rd and 7 play.
Posted via Mobile Device

Even though Fox shouldn't be blamed for the 3rd and 7 play, he should still blamed for the loss. That is all I am saying.

notorious 01-14-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9316861)

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

They didn't throw deep hardly at all in the second half. Was it Baltimore adjustments, or Peyton's arm wilting?

Chiefnj2 01-14-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 9316917)
Even though Fox shouldn't be blamed for the 3rd and 7 play, he should still blamed for the loss. That is all I am saying.

Fox is known to be ultraconservative and he has been questioned as a head coach. No doubt. But, a QB like Manning is usually given tons of leeway and authority regarding what to do and when to do it. I can't help but think the general mismanagement and bad playcalling had something to do with Manning's arm not being close to 100%.

Crush 01-14-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9316924)
Fox is known to be ultraconservative and he has been questioned as a head coach. No doubt. But, a QB like Manning is usually given tons of leeway and authority regarding what to do and when to do it. I can't help but think the general mismanagement and bad playcalling had something to do with Manning's arm not being close to 100%.

I could see that. If that is the case, then the Donks are more ****ed than they realize.