ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports The Hornets are for real... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184347)

Mecca 05-05-2008 09:41 PM

The Hornets are for real...

They are schooling the Spurs again....and that team will only get better when Julian Wright is ready to really contribute he has good passing skills to go with Paul and West....that team may end up scary good.

Skip Towne 05-05-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4735816)
They are schooling the Spurs again....and that team will only get better when Julian Wright is ready to really contribute he has good passing skills to go with Paul and West....that team may end up scary good.

While at KU, we kept hearing about Julian's lack of ball handling skills. I have seen him make great behind the back bounce passes to guys who weren't really open.

Buehler445 05-05-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4735816)

I'm not sold on Wright. I didn't think he was that good. In transition he was solid, because he can run well, but in the half court, he's not strong enough to play low and doesn't have the range to play outside.

That being said, I know less than nothing about the NBA. That game is soooo much different than college it is unfathomable.

Mecca 05-05-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 4735877)
I'm not sold on Wright. I didn't think he was that good. In transition he was solid, because he can run well, but in the half court, he's not strong enough to play low and doesn't have the range to play outside.

That being said, I know less than nothing about the NBA. That game is soooo much different than college it is unfathomable.

That's why he doesn't play much right now.....we'll see where he is in a year or 2...that's how most NBA rookies work, it's a huge transition and takes time.

Pitt Gorilla 05-05-2008 09:56 PM

Although the officials seem to want the Spurs to win, Paul is just too much for the Spurs to handle. He can literally do whatever he wants to do.

Buehler445 05-05-2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4735882)
That's why he doesn't play much right now.....we'll see where he is in a year or 2...that's how most NBA rookies work, it's a huge transition and takes time.

So you're pretty high on him?

Mecca 05-05-2008 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 4735900)

Playing on that team with Chris Paul? Yea....With Paul and West and even guys like Peja he'll never be asked to be "the guy"

Buehler445 05-05-2008 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4735904)
Playing on that team with Chris Paul? Yea....With Paul and West and even guys like Peja he'll never be asked to be "the guy"

That's valid. I thought he should have stayed in and grown a muscle (maybe 2), but he went and made himself a butt load of money. So it was the right decision I guess, as long as he can develop.

the Talking Can 05-05-2008 10:07 PM

Paul pretty much makes everyone look stupid

he did it to poor helpless Jason Kidd, and now he's doing it to the entire San Antonio Spurs....

Pitt Gorilla 05-05-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 4735900)

He hasn't looked very good tonight.

Mecca 05-05-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 4735920)
He hasn't looked very good tonight.

He basically only plays in garbage time so it's hard to judge him.

RealSNR 05-05-2008 10:38 PM

Lakers/Hornets is going to be one amazing series.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-05-2008 11:41 PM

The playoffs have been great so far, IMO.

The Cavs vs. Celtics should be fun as well.

KevB 05-05-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 4735846)
While at KU, we kept hearing about Julian's lack of ball handling skills. I have seen him make great behind the back bounce passes to guys who weren't really open.

I don't think people said he couldn't handle it. I think the problem was his propensity to dribble a bit too much, and turn it over a bit too often. He has nice playmaking skills with the ball in his hands.

He looked good tonight. Active on defense (which should be his calling card going forward) and even made a couple of threes. I've never been a big fan, but he has a unique game, and sometimes players with unique skills blossom in the NBA.

KevB 05-05-2008 11:47 PM

I was really looking forward to Paul vs. Parker, but it's been a mismatch. Paul is really unbelievable. I'd take him over any point guard in the NBA right now, and it's not really much of a discussion.