ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   My cat has gone missing (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=132888)

Archie F. Swin 01-03-2006 11:49 PM

My cat has gone missing

Our family cat, who came to us as a stray alley cat in Oklahoma City back in '96 has been missing since Thursday. He likes to spend time outdoors, but has never been gone this long. He's a roamer, he likes to wander, but my optimism is beginning to wane. He's a good cat...he has the best disposition of any cat I've ever known. He's good with the kids and is social with company. Now I'm having to deal with the thought of never seeing him again. Our local animal control says no cats have been turned in and no dead cats that fit his description have been collected. I've informed his vet of his status, so there's just a glimmer of hope. I want him back, but if someone else has taken him in, my wish is that they're loving. He's old so he probably can't jump neighborhood fences anymore.

Here's to finding your way home George.

Adept Havelock 01-03-2006 11:51 PM

Hope he turns up.

BucsGirl 01-03-2006 11:54 PM

sometimes they can take off for days he'll be back he just went out for ass...No Worries

Frazod 01-03-2006 11:56 PM

Hope he comes back.

jspchief 01-03-2006 11:56 PM

Anti-freeze.

Logical 01-04-2006 12:00 AM

Good luck on his return

Katipan 01-04-2006 12:02 AM

I had the munchies.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-04-2006 12:04 AM

Usually when the pussy walks out the door, it doesn't come back. However there is always hope.

Phobia 01-04-2006 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
Anti-freeze.

That was incredibly insensitive and I'm glad you posted it first.

Regards,

Archat S. Dad

Halfcan 01-04-2006 12:10 AM

Have you checked the Chinese restaurants?

OmahaChief 01-04-2006 12:11 AM

Sit his food and water dish outside. They say that will sometimes help a cat find their way home if lost. It seemed to work for us when our cat was gone for 4 days. Best of luck, hope he makes it home.

Halfcan 01-04-2006 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief
Sit his food and water dish outside. They say that will sometimes help a cat find their way home if lost. It seemed to work for us when our cat was gone for 4 days. Best of luck, hope he makes it home.

Worked with my ex wife-I would sit her stuff out on the porch-and magically she would appear to try and drag it back in. I won that one, and kept the house.

elvomito 01-04-2006 12:18 AM

with dogs, you can put their bedding outside and they are likely to pick up the scent. i had a dog gone for 10 days and she came back the day i put it outside.
i don't know how well that would work with cats.

listopencil 01-04-2006 01:31 AM

Good luck.

grandllama 01-04-2006 01:51 AM

Back on the dairy farm I grew up on, we'd have cats go missing for years, just to show back up again... that fact alone gives me hope...

However, I had a stray, much like yours, that I saved from being destroyed... At the time I didn't want a pet, but Toonces grew on me quickly.

He was a big yellow tiger tom, and loved the outdoors. I adopted him in Indianapolis and he made the move to Kansas with me. When I moved to Missouri, my landlord wouldn't allow pets so I let my sister take care of him on my family's farm in Salina. Toonces loved the outdoors and loved having run of the farm. That love, I assume, took his life as he got older.

One week before I was to go get him as I had found a place that allowed pets, my sister called and said he had been missing for a week... he never showed up again...

Toonces was declawed but never lost a fight with the other alley cats... but I'm assuming that one night he ran into something (we're talking the wild animals of Western Kansas here) that was better than he was... (or some corksucker put out anti freeze)

I guess the point here, besides eulogizing the best pet I ever had, is to enjoy the times you had with George and wish for the best... (but, unfortunately, assume the worst)