ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Best and Worst in Local Sports Talk Radio (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=126836)

KcHardHitter 10-18-2005 05:41 PM

Best and Worst in Local Sports Talk Radio

Just curious as to what everyone thinks about the state of our local sports radio considering we have not one but two sports stations. Let me know what you think even though I'm right.

Best: 610 Sports Night with Chris and Cowboy - refreshingly different from all the other shows

Worst: Tim Grunhard Show - Grunhard has a worse voice than Bob Gretz and rambles. Good thing Franz never shuts up I guess.

|Zach| 10-18-2005 05:43 PM

It is all awful.

Just....

Terrible.

gblowfish 10-18-2005 05:43 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...6&page=1&pp=15

4th and Long 10-18-2005 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
It is all awful.

Just....

Terrible.

That just about covers it.

Deberg_1990 10-18-2005 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZachKC
It is all awful.

Just....

Terrible.

But yet, you guys still tune in....

|Zach| 10-18-2005 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990

I have not tuned in to a single min. of sports radio this year.

WilliamTheIrish 10-18-2005 07:21 PM

Quote:

Uh... no... not all of us. I'll admit I did tune in to 810 today (first time in months) and listened to a great piece from Clinckscale about how great the baseball game was last night. About 35 minutes of really good radio.

Then it was time for work.

stevieray 10-18-2005 07:23 PM

Quote:

the irony of this post is overwhelming.

Deberg_1990 10-18-2005 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish
Uh... no... not all of us. I'll admit I did tune in to 810 today (first time in months) and listened to a great piece from Clinckscale about how great the baseball game was last night. About 35 minutes of really good radio.

Then it was time for work.

Clinksdale is pretty good, but the rest of the local guys are just as bad as the National Blowhards on ESPN. I agree, Sports talk radio can be entertaining at times, but most of it is just..........crap.

Bigwigbob 10-18-2005 08:18 PM

D.A. is ok when he isnt getting off on non sport tangents. Grunhardt is good when talking about chiefs anything else sucks, and Marty Wahl spends too much time hitting on girls and asking why they dont find his skanky old ass attractive. I enjoy crunchtime in the mornings on 810 listen to it every day.

jspchief 10-18-2005 08:24 PM

KC sports radio sucks. The biggest problem is too much local programming. KC isn't big enough to turn out enough local talent to support that much programming on one station, let alone two.

IMO, Des Moines' local guys are so much better. All we have is a morning show and an afternoon drive show. Leave the rest to the professionals.

ChiefsFire 10-18-2005 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcHardHitter
Just curious as to what everyone thinks about the state of our local sports radio considering we have not one but two sports stations. Let me know what you think even though I'm right.

Best: 610 Sports Night with Chris and Cowboy - refreshingly different from all the other shows

Worst: Tim Grunhard Show - Grunhard has a worse voice than Bob Gretz and rambles. Good thing Franz never shuts up I guess.

is that am or fm?

keitzman sucks bawls

Petro is the only one that has a clue

Archie F. Swin 10-19-2005 10:56 AM

Petro is one of the best Ive heard. He has a long career ahead of him. He's smart, prepared and well informed. He can talk about anything with a fair amount of credibility. He's wise beyond his mid 30s or whatever.

Extra Point 10-19-2005 11:02 AM

What "KC Sports Radio?"

After the JW/KK break out, it died.

htismaqe 10-19-2005 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
KC sports radio sucks. The biggest problem is too much local programming. KC isn't big enough to turn out enough local talent to support that much programming on one station, let alone two.

IMO, Des Moines' local guys are so much better. All we have is a morning show and an afternoon drive show. Leave the rest to the professionals.

As much as he drives me nuts sometimes, Deace is better than anybody on either 610 or 810 IMO.

The only reason I occasionally listen to 610 is because they have analysis from former players and I dig that, even if it's Grunny or Maas, because they played the game...