ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I'm Done Drinking (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=158790)

PinkFloyd 02-25-2007 11:50 AM

I'm Done Drinking

Usually at sporting events(Chiefs-Royals-Brigade games) me and friends usually tailgate and get pretty smashed before the games... We've always gotten plastered before bowling tournaments also...

But; I just don't find it fun anymore... I don't enjoy getting all screwed up and not having fun while inside watching the games... My bowling this year has gone to hell in a hand basket... I bet I've won half the money I did last year... I didn't use to drink during tournaments, but here lately I've induldged in quit afew...

I don't drink at home, and I bet I've been out to a bar maybe 5 times in the last 10 years... So; I know I don't have a drinking problem... I just have a "sports" drinking problem...

April is a big month... We're heading to Springfield to bowl in a pretty big tournament... The guys going with me are party fools !!!! I think I'll be designated driver that weekend !!!!

Anyone else on here just seem to drink mostly during sporting events and not at home ???

StcChief 02-25-2007 12:04 PM

Good for you....

If your the DD... No "road" sodas for the boys either.

Open container law in MO.

acesn8s 02-25-2007 12:07 PM

The first step is to admit that you have a a sports problem. :)
Good Luck

PinkFloyd 02-25-2007 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief
Good for you....

If your the DD... No "road" sodas for the boys either.

Open container law in MO.

I'm just burnt out getting up the next day and not bowling worth a crap... It happens in league also on Monday nights... I want to be good at what I do, and the beer just doesn't do it...

Yes; it's fun to have afew and have a good time with the guy's, but it's getting old...

I must be getting old... My average has gone from around 225 to 205 this year... I want to do good, and the alcohol just isn't helping...

Plus; the desiganted driver thing will ensure we all make it home safe, and also help me do better... I hope...

I must admit though --- of my 9 300 games --- 6 of them we're when I was "legally" hammered...

PinkFloyd 02-25-2007 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s
The first step is to admit that you have a a sports problem. :)
Good Luck

That's funny... We use to say we were heading to beer league and we had a bowling problem...

ROFL

I know I don't have a drinking problem --- just have afew along with the sports thing...

ZepSinger 02-25-2007 12:21 PM

After years of drinking Jack Daniels and Budweiser while touring on the road, I quit drinking totally about 10 years ago. I don't miss it one bit. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Z

memyselfI 02-25-2007 12:24 PM

Can I get back with you on this after I refill my, burp, margarita???

StcChief 02-25-2007 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd
I'm just burnt out getting up the next day and not bowling worth a crap... It happens in league also on Monday nights... I want to be good at what I do, and the beer just doesn't do it...

Yes; it's fun to have afew and have a good time with the guy's, but it's getting old...

I must be getting old... My average has gone from around 225 to 205 this year... I want to do good, and the alcohol just isn't helping...

Plus; the desiganted driver thing will ensure we all make it home safe, and also help me do better... I hope...

I must admit though --- of my 9 300 games --- 6 of them we're when I was "legally" hammered...

Age has a way of catching up to fun times out with the boys.
You don't bounce back (process the alchol) as well....

Even when I was serious about shooting pool. < 1 Beer an hour.
I brought my own "hugger" nothing worse than warm domestic beer.

Deciding when it's Fun vs. Competition is key....

CosmicPal 02-25-2007 12:34 PM

I hear you there...I quit a few months ago. I've had a couple of drinks here and there, but I've simply grown tired of being a drunk. It just doesn't do it for me anymore.

I've cut down considerably on smoking as a result. I'm losing weight and feeling a whole lot better now than I ever have since I started drinking at 16.

Archie Bunker 02-25-2007 12:37 PM

Good for you.

I hit the drinking wall my sophmore year in college. I don't miss it at all.

theultimatekcchiefsfan 02-25-2007 12:37 PM

I have never understood the fascination with drinking.

what a waste of money and time. I guess it is enjoyable if you like pissing every half hour and hangovers.

I will take a joint anyday of the week over a beer.

PinkFloyd 02-25-2007 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theultimatekcchiefsfan
I have never understood the fascination with drinking.

what a waste of money and time. I guess it is enjoyable if you like pissing every half hour and hangovers.

I will take a joint anyday of the week over a beer.

I'm starting to feel the same here... Most of the guys in my group want to just get messed up and have fun... I know I can have fun and stay sober... Plus; my sober butt can ensure that those drunk butt's get home safe now...

Phobia 02-25-2007 12:50 PM

I didn't quit but I drastically reduced the amount of beers I'm willing to drink at events. A twelver usually lasts a couple weeks in my fridge. I think I'm going on 3 weeks on the last one I bought and there's 7 or 8 left. I have no problem with 3 or 4 beers but anything beyond that is too much for me. I'm no prude and I've done my share of heavy drinking but my priorities in life have changed. Drinking 14 beers in an evening is no longer one of them.

Dr. Johnny Fever 02-25-2007 12:57 PM

If you guys are done can I have your beer then?

PinkFloyd 02-25-2007 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
I didn't quit but I drastically reduced the amount of beers I'm willing to drink at events. A twelver usually lasts a couple weeks in my fridge. I think I'm going on 3 weeks on the last one I bought and there's 7 or 8 left. I have no problem with 3 or 4 beers but anything beyond that is too much for me. I'm no prude and I've done my share of heavy drinking but my priorities in life have changed. Drinking 14 beers in an evening is no longer one of them.

I sat there one monday night and watched 3 guys on my team drink 15 pitchers of beer !!!!

15 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that was the thing that ended it for me... They said they didn't feel better til Wednesday !!!!!

I might enjoy 2 after bowling, but it's not worth the DUI --- or possible lives lost due to get hammered...