ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So, how do you guys react if the Walrus waits to pick a QB until later rounds (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268599)

Brock 01-08-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9295273)
Me?

I've been right about every HC that the Chiefs have hired in the last 30 years, and was right about Scott *****.

You're overdue to be wrong.

Chiefshrink 01-08-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9293478)
How many of you who think Clark hired the right guy will be spitting nails if the Walrus waits until round 2-3 to draft a QB? How many will be shouting you stupid M -F? How many will want his head on a stick?

I'm already for it because he already warned us and hinted 'heavily' that this is probably the scenario that will take place. We will trade for a decent Vet QB and draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd this year and draft a QB next year and of those 2 new QBs in the next 2 yrs one will rise to the top.

Patience people !!:rolleyes:

HemiEd 01-08-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9294808)
One other thing that Reid values is the Wonderlic score and the player's work ethic and reputation in college as much as he does physical attributes at the Combine. He will always favor heavily the intelligent, character guy over the athletic player who doesn't work hard in practice or who doesn't test well in intelligence and personality tests. Pay attention to those metrics next month along with vertical leap and 40 times.

Did he ever call it the "right 53?" Does he favor team captains?

HemiEd 01-08-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9294871)
Don't have time to read through all these threads.

I am one of the few here who really doesn't like that Andy Reid got this job, and if he doesn't take a QB with the first pick, I am going to be pissed.

I am shocked.

KCrockaholic 01-08-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9295892)
Guys on 810 talking about trading for Flynn.

I wouldn't absolutely hate that idea if we threw no more than a 5th at him AND drafted Smith.

It wouldn't be a big deal other than carrying a fat contract for a #2 QB.

TEX 01-08-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9295944)
I'm already for it because he already warned us and hinted 'heavily' that this is probably the scenario that will take place. We will trade for a decent Vet QB and draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd this year and draft a QB next year and of those 2 new QBs in the next 2 yrs one will rise to the top.

Patience people !!:rolleyes:

Yes - he also said,"It's a process." :doh!:

HemiEd 01-08-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9295098)
Bill Cowher.

Now I am shocked. I thought you didn't like Marty? How is BC different?

TEX 01-08-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9294871)
Don't have time to read through all these threads.

I am one of the few here who really doesn't like that Andy Reid got this job, and if he doesn't take a QB with the first pick, I am going to be pissed.

Of course...Dumbass! :doh!:

tooge 01-08-2013 10:28 AM

It all depends. If he picks a guy in the second or third round like Tyler Bray and it's a guy that can run his west coast attack, then I wouldn't care. I put more trust in his evaluation of QB's than any slapdick here on CP.

Ebolapox 01-08-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9293658)
That's happened like never.

jim druckenmiller

Chiefshrink 01-08-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9295968)
It all depends. If he picks a guy in the second or third round like Tyler Bray and it's a guy that can run his west coast attack, then I wouldn't care. I put more trust in his evaluation of QB's than any slapdick here on CP.

:clap: And that is how I voted in the public poll as well.

Chiefnj2 01-08-2013 10:32 AM

The #1 reason people find Reid to be an acceptable head coach is because of his ability to work with QBs and throw the ball on offense. If you approve of the hire there is no reason not to defer to him on the issue of QB.

jd1020 01-08-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9295979)
The #1 reason people find Reid to be an acceptable head coach is because of his ability to work with QBs and throw the ball on offense. If you approve of the hire there is no reason not to defer to him on the issue of QB.

Would you give a chef a USDA Prime Ribeye or a stick of beef jerky to cook a meal?

He could probably make something you are satisfied with either way, but why would you not want to give him the best ingredients?

tooge 01-08-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9295993)
Would you give a chef a USDA Prime Ribeye or a stick of beef jerky to cook a meal?

He could probably make something you are satisfied with either way, but why would you not want to give him the best ingredients?

you could get a good look at a butchers ass.......

Easy 6 01-08-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9295892)
Guys on 810 talking about trading for Flynn.

I wouldn't absolutely hate that idea if we threw no more than a 5th at him AND drafted Smith.

Yep, he's gotta draft us a kid worth being excited about, thats the only way i could really cotten to bringing in a vet.