ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs We will BEAT the Ravens (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264600)

bevischief 10-03-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8972987)
Only way the Chiefs beat the Ravens is if they catch the Ravens in their hotel room at night while they sleep.
Otherwise this is going to be a B movie prison shower scene.

LMAO

King_Chief_Fan 10-03-2012 10:17 AM

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs26/PRE/..._kingofank.jpg

HemiEd 10-03-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8972714)
I make an annual pilgrimage to Arrowhead regardless. It's for the tailgating and the experience. This weekend is my trip for the season. I'm looking forward to getting great seats by halftime. I'll be grilling steak and eggs and drinking rum and orange juice before hand. It's gonna be fun. The Chiefs will lose, but I'll have a great time.

The Kansas City Cubs of the NFL.

Great personal healthy attitude though, enjoy the game and your tailgating.

HemiEd 10-03-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8972848)
If the Chiefs could just stop turning the ball over they'd be in much better shape.

I hope you don't mind, but I am going to write this down for future reference.

InChiefsHeaven 10-03-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8972818)
I had a very strong feeling we'd pull the upset at nawlins, this time not so much... this team is in a confidence nosedive & there is absolutely nothing to suggest they can pull out of it against such a well rounded team.

30-13 ravens.

What we NEED to do is fire the head coach and then hire the defensive coordinator to take his pl...oh wait...shit..

mr. tegu 10-03-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8972684)
The Chiefs are a terrible home team. Terrible.

If you've watched this garbage product this year, you know that there's no chance at beating a team with a legit defense.
None.

If you have tickets to the game, do something else. Better to cut your loses now before you spend 27 on parking and another 30 on concessions.

This isn't your typical Baltimore defense. 23rd in yards but are tied for 12th in points allowed. Pass defense is actually one of the worst in the league right now. Unfortunately that doesn't do us much good. :banghead:

I personally don't think Baltimore is all that great of a team. Mainly because it seems like they always play down to their opponents. Especially on the road. That sentiment seems reflective of them only being favored by 7 points this week.

HemiEd 10-03-2012 10:42 AM

The ball already "bounced funny" in the Saints game, not going to happen again.

FAX 10-03-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8973052)
This isn't your typical Baltimore defense. 23rd in yards but are tied for 12th in points allowed. Pass defense is actually one of the worst in the league right now. Unfortunately that doesn't do us much good. :banghead:

I personally don't think Baltimore is all that great of a team. Mainly because it seems like they always play down to their opponents. Especially on the road. That sentiment seems reflective of them only being favored by 7 points this week.

They've scored 44, 24, 31 and 23 points, Mr. mr. tegu. They're 3 and 1 having lost to the Eaglets away. In the 2 games I've seen, Flacco looked pretty darn crisp, accurate, and confident. He put up 382 against the Pats and 356 against the Browns. His game has improved exponentially compared to prior years. It's both impressive and frankly amazing. He's a different player. Rice is having a good year, too. They certainly look good enough to wallop us.

Somehow or another, we would have to hold them to fewer than 20 points (fewer than they've scored all year, so far), get a pick or fumble or two, and kick the living bejesus out of some field goals if we're to have a chance. We cannot let the total score go much over 40 and succeed.

Basically, too many things have to go wrong for them (or, at least, things that are uncharacteristic) and too many things have to go really right for us (again, uncharacteristically) for us to emerge victorious.

I see them playing defense the way it should be played against us ... stack the box, rush 5, prioritize Jamaal, man up on the receivers, and guard the sticks in the secondary. For us to have a chance defensively, we have to sack the living hell out of Flacco and hold Rice to under 50 or 60 ground yards.

Offensively, all they have to do is what they've been doing. We, on the other hand, will have to find an offense that can move the chains and keep their defense on the field. Jamaal will have to have a good day, Cassel will have to convert third downs, and Daboll will have to call something other than the RRP2. All that, in order to simply have a chance to compete.

Based on prior performances and tendencies on behalf of both teams, I don't see it. I fear that, if we let them score early and get a lead, it will be over. Period. Problem is, they can do it.

FAX

PhillyChiefFan 10-03-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8973120)
They've scored 44, 24, 31 and 23 points, Mr. mr. tegu. They're 3 and 1 having lost to the Eaglets away. In the 2 games I've seen, Flacco looked pretty darn crisp, accurate, and confident. He put up 382 against the Pats and 356 against the Browns. His game has improved exponentially compared to prior years. It's both impressive and frankly amazing. He's a different player. Rice is having a good year, too. They certainly look good enough to wallop us.

Somehow or another, we would have to hold them to fewer than 20 points (fewer than they've scored all year, so far), get a pick or fumble or two, and kick the living bejesus out of some field goals if we're to have a chance. We cannot let the total score go much over 40 and succeed.

Basically, too many things have to go wrong for them (or, at least, things that are uncharacteristic) and too many things have to go really right for us (again, uncharacteristically) for us to emerge victorious.

I see them playing defense the way it should be played against us ... stack the box, rush 5, prioritize Jamaal, man up on the receivers, and guard the sticks in the secondary. For us to have a chance defensively, we have to sack the living hell out of Flacco and hold Rice to under 50 or 60 ground yards.

Offensively, all they have to do is what they've been doing. We, on the other hand, will have to find an offense that can move the chains and keep their defense on the field. Jamaal will have to have a good day, Cassel will have to convert third downs, and Daboll will have to call something other than the RRP2. All that, in order to simply have a chance to compete.

Based on prior performances and tendencies on behalf of both teams, I don't see it. I fear that, if we let them score early and get a lead, it will be over. Period. Problem is, they can do it.

FAX

In short, string together the 1st half of the Falcons game and 2nd half of the Saints game. Is that a fair summary, Mr. FAX?

Micjones 10-03-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8973041)
I hope you don't mind, but I am going to write this down for future reference.

Sorry Jaws, I'll be sure to bring it up to your level of football analysis next time.

FAX 10-03-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 8973130)
In short, string together the 1st half of the Falcons game and 2nd half of the Saints game. Is that a fair summary, Mr. FAX?

ROFL

Something like that. But, seriously ...

Defensively, we would have to play a game similar to the 2nd half of the Saints contest. But, I don't think we'd have to shut them down to that extent. The main thing would be to keep them out of the endzone early in the game and play good, solid defense for all 4 quarters. I don't believe we could withstand even a 10 or 13 point deficit in the first half. If that happens, we'll start pressing and things will get even worse.

Offensively, we have to move the chains somehow and that's probably going to mean converting quite a few 3rd downs ... assuming Daboll continues to call plays as he has done so far. Problem is, that indicates 8, 10, 12 play drives. We aren't consistent enough on offense to score touchdowns that way, so we'd have to kick FGs.

If the Ravens' D gets off early, we're sunk. Same thing with their offense.

The best way to beat the Chiefs is beat them in the first 5 to 10 minutes, in my opinion.

If we can keep it close throughout the day and the total score below 40, we have a chance.

FAX

vailpass 10-03-2012 11:25 AM

I picked KC to win in this week's friend pool. It's what the Chiefs do.

mr. tegu 10-03-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8973182)
ROFL

Something like that. But, seriously ...

Defensively, we would have to play a game similar to the 2nd half of the Saints contest. But, I don't think we'd have to shut them down to that extent. The main thing would be to keep them out of the endzone early in the game and play good, solid defense for all 4 quarters. I don't believe we could withstand even a 10 or 13 point deficit in the first half. If that happens, we'll start pressing and things will get even worse.

Offensively, we have to move the chains somehow and that's probably going to mean converting quite a few 3rd downs ... assuming Daboll continues to call plays as he has done so far. Problem is, that indicates 8, 10, 12 play drives. We aren't consistent enough on offense to score touchdowns that way, so we'd have to kick FGs.

If the Ravens' D gets off early, we're sunk. Same thing with their offense.

The best way to beat the Chiefs is beat them in the first 5 to 10 minutes, in my opinion.

If we can keep it close throughout the day and the total score below 40, we have a chance.

FAX

I am not that worried about the Chiefs' defense. Although the score looked bad against the Chargers, our defense played as well as you could expect considering the horrible field position.

If we can just make Baltimore have to drive the whole field most times instead of only needing 10 yards for a TD then our defense will be much more like it was against the New Orleans in the second half. Let us not forget, outside of our game, New Orleans has been their normal selves on offense.

I am most worried about Cassel sucking and continuing to not move the ball and putting the defense in terrible spots. I don't understand why our defense stinks up the first drive so bad every game either. I would love to see us take the ball on offense first to help mitigate that. The offense doesn't have to score everytime for us to have a chance, they just need to not give the Ravens the ball 40 yards or less from a TD 5 or 6 times.

notorious 10-03-2012 11:51 AM

ESPN is saying it, too.

"Tough place to play" Bullshit

"Outgained opponents every game" True, but Bullshit trash time stats

"Typical Trap Game" Bullshit. Ravens don't get trapped, especially at Arrowdead

J Diddy 10-03-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8973201)
I picked KC to win in this week's friend pool. It's what the Chiefs do.

Yeah, screw that. I've blindly picked them time after time and it's costing me. In fact cost me $100 last week.