ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs From PFW.... (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268837)

Az_Chiefsfan 01-13-2013 12:06 PM

Brandon Albert is a top 5 LT in the NFL. Why this idea to move him to guard has lingered is beyond me.

KCtotheSB 01-13-2013 12:07 PM

Can Joeckel play QB? If not, everyone and their mothers need to STFU

milkman 01-13-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9313214)
You ****ers do realize Albert was one of the best LTs in football before he went down this year right?

WHY THE **** WOULD YOU MOVE HIM TO ****ING GUARD!?

So much stupidity around here lately.

LAChieffan is just trolling, and Como is just a ****ing idiot.

ROYC75 01-13-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9313173)
Cutting a franchise LT, and drafting a different one with the first pick in the draft would be the DUMBEST ****ing thing a franchise could do. What a ****ing waste of a pick that would be. Think about that. We gain NOTHING from having the 1st pick in the draft by doing that. We're not in cap trouble, there's no ****ing way they do that. If they do, it's ***** part 2. I swear to God.

:clap: This all day, everyday forever ! :clap:

siberian khatru 01-13-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9313147)
The early rumblings out of Kansas City are that Andy Reid will make the offensive line a priority this offseason

That smells to me like media chatter, not any info from inside the organization.

I get so sick and tired of the media re-reporting other media speculation.

saphojunkie 01-13-2013 12:14 PM

It just makes no damn sense to let a good player like Albert walk only to replace him with a top pick. Same story goes for Bowe.

That is how bad teams get worse - letting the good players they already have get away. The point of building through the draft is to actually build. You can't add a second story if you're constantly redoing your foundation.

We need to use free agency to get better this year - not worse. Resign Albert, Bowe, and Colquitt, sign Jairus Byrd, a MLB (Anthony Spencer already knows the Ryan 3-4, if that's what we run). There are also multiple CB free agents, though drafting one in the second round might be the thing to do.

If we DO let Albert go, it better be because we are signing Clady or Jake Long.

tredadda 01-13-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9313201)
I don't think anyone would be able to stop our running game if....

LT Joeckel
LG Albert (Franchise)
OC Hudson
RG Asamoah
RT Winston

Make a play for WR Greg Jennings

Re-sign Bowe ONLY if it's the right price. If not **** him, let him go drop balls somewhere else.

No one could stop our run game this year as is for the most part. Adding Jennings and keeping Bowe would be huge, but one problem with your scenario............................who in the heck is gonna throw them the ball? We have the #1 pick for a reason and it is not because of the play of Albert.

DTLB58 01-13-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9313228)
That smells to me like media chatter, not any info from inside the organization.

I get so sick and tired of the media re-reporting other media speculation.

Good thing it was free then uh? :p

Coogs 01-13-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9313251)
No one could stop our run game this year as is for the most part. Adding Jennings and keeping Bowe would be huge, but one problem with your scenario............................who in the heck is gonna throw them the ball? We have the #1 pick for a reason and it is not because of the play of Albert.

Yep. And even with Stephenson in the game, we still were able to run fairly well. O-line is not a huge need. Just resign Albert.

Then get a QB who can keep the defense playing honest.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-13-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9313196)
Andy Reid loves Albert. Loved him during the draft process.

I'd be shocked if he went anywhere. Both the Packers guy and the Eagles guy knows how important a line is.

What about Bowe? I know we could and should draft a WR in the draft but our new QB is gonna need a vet.

siberian khatru 01-13-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9313261)
Good thing it was free then uh? :p

I wasn't criticizing the posting of it. :)

BigMeatballDave 01-13-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9313201)
I don't think anyone would be able to stop our running game if....

LT Joeckel
LG Albert (Franchise)
OC Hudson
RG Asamoah
RT Winston

Make a play for WR Greg Jennings

Re-sign Bowe ONLY if it's the right price. If not **** him, let him go drop balls somewhere else.

Trollolol

CoMoChief 01-13-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9313251)

draft a QB in the 2nd rd.

DJ's left nut 01-13-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Az_Chiefsfan (Post 9313215)
Brandon Albert is a top 5 LT in the NFL. Why this idea to move him to guard has lingered is beyond me.

Brandon Albert was a top 10 LT in the NFL (top 5 is overstating it, IMO).

However, we do have to deal with the very real concern that his back may/may not be a lingering problem. More O-linemen have been felled by back issues than any other injury. These are huge men that are putting a lot of strain on those disks and once the back starts to go, it tends to get worse quickly.

Geno Smith is absolutely still your guy, but be careful with deciding we have LT locked up for the next 5-6 years.

Albert's probably a guy you should tag and not extend long-term, to be honest. We need to see if he can come back next season and put those back issues behind him.

Bowe, OTOH, is durable as hell and has already played under the tag once. He should get the long-term deal and Albert should get the tag.

milkman 01-13-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9313324)
draft a QB in the 2nd rd.

Moron.