ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs From PFW.... (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268837)

ChiefMojo 01-13-2013 02:13 PM

Tag Albert, re-sign Bowe. If Albert's back holds up next season, re-sign him. If it doesn't, then you can draft a LT next draft. Use this draft on a QB! If we don't re-sign Bowe, then take a WR in round 2.

Saccopoo 01-13-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9313710)
Albert has back injury concerns, it makes to much sense to just tag him and see how that goes.

Sign Bowe, tag Albert, lets do this shit.

Not a bad idea, and you might look and see if Barrett Jones is sitting there at the top of the second at that point, though I can't see passing on either Rhodes or Amerson if they are there.

The Chiefs really need a big, good press coverage cornerback more than a OT, especially since drafting both Allen and Stephenson in the 2nd and 3rd rounds last draft.

I mean, why the **** would someone want to draft an OT first, especially one that wasn't even the best OT on his team (which Matthews was), when we just picked one up in the second and third round in the last draft?

Do you ****ing idiots and draft "experts" like Kiper and the rest even pay attention to shit past the first round?

DJ's left nut 01-13-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9313834)
lol @ people that think Asamoah has struggled.

He's one of the better starting guards in football.

I was a little surprised by that 'consensus' as well.

I really thought Asamoah came on well as the season went on. I wouldn't have ranked him among the best Gs, but he's no worse than average.

Saccopoo 01-13-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9313834)
lol @ people that think Asamoah has struggled.

He's one of the better starting guards in football.

Based on PFF stats?

The guy routinely got beat bad the past two seasons and is slow coming out of his three point stance.

He's the offensive version of your current hate target Bailey.

And I like both players and think that with better coaching/schemes they'll both produce in a positive manner.

But saying Asamoah is one of the better guards in the NFL is nuts.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9313846)
Based on PFF stats?

That, and based on actually watching the game.

He's a very solid lineman.

Quote:

He's the offensive version of your current hate target Bailey.
Not even close. Bailey is a fringe NFL player. Asamoah is absolutely an NFL starter.

It's not surprising you're wrong about Asamoah though. You had no idea what you were watching with Albert last year.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 02:21 PM

Additionally, Asamoah showed a lot of improvement from his first year starting to his second year.

For you to compare him to Allen Bailey is ludicrous.

Easy 6 01-13-2013 02:49 PM

Albert to guard, the ugly little idea that just never seems to go away, its like a nasty wart on every O-line conversation.

Titty Meat 01-13-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9313837)
Not a bad idea, and you might look and see if Barrett Jones is sitting there at the top of the second at that point, though I can't see passing on either Rhodes or Amerson if they are there.

The Chiefs really need a big, good press coverage cornerback more than a OT, especially since drafting both Allen and Stephenson in the 2nd and 3rd rounds last draft.

I mean, why the **** would someone want to draft an OT first, especially one that wasn't even the best OT on his team (which Matthews was), when we just picked one up in the second and third round in the last draft?

Do you ****ing idiots and draft "experts" like Kiper and the rest even pay attention to shit past the first round?

Why in the **** do people still want to draft Barrett Jones in the 2nd round when he has to have surgery on his lisc franc injury?

bowener 01-13-2013 04:04 PM

When I first moved to Columbia 6 or 7 years ago I had the misfortune of meeting a Chiefs fan (from another site) for some beers and a Chiefs game at a bar. Halfway through the first quarter I wanted to stab ice picks through my ****ing ears. I'm not saying CoMoChief is this person, but he was a ****ing moron, so they very well may be the same man.

htismaqe 01-13-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9313872)
Additionally, Asamoah showed a lot of improvement from his first year starting to his second year.

For you to compare him to Allen Bailey is ludicrous.

All the more reason you should ease up on Jeff Allen. Allen and Asamoah are very similar guys. Allen should improve greatly next year.

DJ's left nut 01-13-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9314815)
When I first moved to Columbia 6 or 7 years ago I had the misfortune of meeting a Chiefs fan (from another site) for some beers and a Chiefs game at a bar. Halfway through the first quarter I wanted to stab ice picks through my ****ing ears. I'm not saying CoMoChief is this person, but he was a ****ing moron, so they very well may be the same man.

I think I met that guy at Truman's yesterday.

He was all fired about the draft and yelled "We're gonna get the best !@#$ing tackle in the draft!!" It was the strangest thing I've ever seen. It was like being excited about get the best dry handjob of your life.

I pointed out that we had Albert and, I shit you not, he said move him to guard. I just shook my head. I asked him if he seriously wanted to use 1.1 to give the team a moderate upgrade at LG and he was completely on board with the idea.

Chiefs fans are just idiots.

Scrawny Armed Alex Smith 01-13-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9313352)
Local boy, Klein. Starting for his home town team. Woo getting chills just thinking about it!

:harumph:

O.city 01-13-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9313837)

Eh, the foot injury is very bothersome.

I think he'll fall quite hard in teh draft.

Bowser 01-13-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9313629)
This.

Then lay pick 1 out there like some college tiddys at a frat party...

Why in the blue **** should we not draft a QB first overall this year? Because the ESPN jerkoffs say there isn't one worth that spot?

You take Geno Smith first overall, period. Let Kiper have his period on air after the pick, who gives a ****.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9314824)
All the more reason you should ease up on Jeff Allen. Allen and Asamoah are very similar guys.

Except that one was pretty good, and the other sucked?

Asamoah was never as bad as Allen. Ever. At any point.