ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Matt Barkley interview (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270277)

Hammock Parties 02-22-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9425267)
Barkley at Combine

He just compared himself to Joe Flacco ... 'read option QB's might be successful now but super bowl winning QB plays the way i play'

:spock:

Apparently he was a bit of a douche, according to a friend who's at the combine.

DJ's left nut 02-22-2013 11:18 AM

Am I going to have to go get the Cassel clip of him throwing the ball 55 yards in the air again? Folks, neither of those throws demonstrate a strong arm.

I'd rather take Barkley than Joekel as well, but he does not have anything more than an average NFL arm. He's Matt Schaub at best.

ModSocks 02-22-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9425250)
I would. I can throw popcorn from my couch further than he can make a completion and that's not what really turns my stomach on him becoming a Chief.

What really bugs me about him is his slow hips and inability to move/escape the pocket. He's gonna get creamed in the NFL.

Both of these statements you made are ignorant. His arm strength issues are completely overblown, and Barkley is very smooth in the pocket.

O.city 02-22-2013 11:22 AM

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

Barkley's arm is OK, his footwork needs a ton of attention, but things like intelligence, moxie and leadership are very high.

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-22-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9425311)
Am I going to have to go get the Cassel clip of him throwing the ball 55 yards in the air again? Folks, neither of those throws demonstrate a strong arm.

I'd rather take Barkley than Joekel as well, but he does not have anything more than an average NFL arm. He's Matt Schaub at best.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4D68hTje6gY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jump to 320 NFL Throw

PaulAllen 02-22-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9425311)

You dont have to have a super stud arm. Could you compare him to Schaub in arm strength? Sure. You could also compare him to Eli, Rivers, Romo, Brady etc...

Cassel literally has/had the worst arm in the NFL

htismaqe 02-22-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9425318)
Both of these statements you made are ignorant. His arm strength issues are completely overblown, and Barkley is very smooth in the pocket.

Actually, he WAS smooth in the pocket.

2012 was a rough year for him but much like Tyler Wilson, the TEAM was dysfunctional around him as well.

ModSocks 02-22-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9425295)

This isn't even the best throw in that game.

He also throws a 15-20 yard out route to the sideline and put the ball right over the defenders head.

DJ's left nut 02-22-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9425325)
You dont have to have a super stud arm. Could you compare him to Schaub in arm strength? Sure. You could also compare him to Eli, Rivers, Romo, Brady etc...

Cassel literally has/had the worst arm in the NFL

No you can't.

Eli has a stronger arm, Romo has a stronger arm and Brady has a stronger arm.

Matt Barkley's arm isn't an asset. At best, it's not a liability.

DJ's left nut 02-22-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9425323)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4D68hTje6gY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jump to 320 NFL Throw

Again, why is this impressive?

He puts a ball 50 yards in the air with a completely clean pocket and enough room to take a full stride and then some. Hell, the ball was thrown late and under-thrown at that.

Matt Cassel can make that throw. Matt Cassel has made that throw.

His arm isn't a strength.

PaulAllen 02-22-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9425368)
No you can't.

Eli has a stronger arm, Romo has a stronger arm and Brady has a stronger arm.

Matt Barkley's arm isn't an asset. At best, it's not a liability.

:spock: Cmon dude. Im not saying hes Flacco or Rodgers but youre making a very subjective statement. His arm "strength" is probably better than Andrew Luck but that didnt stop people from drooling all over him. I get that you could say its not an 'asset' but to say that it might be a liability is just wrong.

PaulAllen 02-22-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9425373)
Again, why is this impressive?

He puts a ball 50 yards in the air with a completely clean pocket and enough room to take a full stride and then some. Hell, the ball was thrown late and under-thrown at that.

Matt Cassel can make that throw. Matt Cassel has made that throw.

His arm isn't a strength.

What do you want to see? On his knees throwing 70? Jamarcus and Boller can do that.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9425380)
:spock: Cmon dude. Im not saying hes Flacco or Rodgers but youre making a very subjective statement. His arm "strength" is probably better than Andrew Luck but that didnt stop people from drooling all over him. I get that you could say its not an 'asset' but to say that it might be a liability is just wrong.

He didn't say it was a liability. He said at best, it's not a liability.

Mr. Laz 02-22-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9425380)
His arm "strength" is probably better than Andrew Luck but that didnt stop people from drooling all over him.

ummm ... no

PaulAllen 02-22-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9425389)
He didn't say it was a liability. He said at best, it's not a liability.

Yeah "at best". Which is just a cop out for "just in case Im wrong about it"