ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Miami reporter says we signed McIntosh (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159157)

Brock 03-03-2007 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
He's a better pass rusher.......when he's not injured.

LMAO

Brock 03-03-2007 05:50 PM

Abraham isn't a better anything than Jared Allen, except maybe sucking up dollars for doing nothing.

Chiefs=Champions 03-03-2007 05:51 PM

could the fact that we signed a left tackle mean that we may look for a centre and guard in the draft? :hmmm: plus i think we are better of signing a takle so we can draft a centre and guard, i means what happen if shields and wiegmen do retire? then we would want to be able to replace them and i really dont see any guards worth signing that are worth the money they will get, plus mcintosh could always play guard.

Hammock Parties 03-03-2007 05:51 PM

Vonnie Holliday is a better passrusher than Ryan Sims...when he's not injured.

Mecca 03-03-2007 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
LMAO

Nothing amazes me like this board sometimes.........Jared Allen is a GOOD player. Ok, but since we are Chiefs fans and he plays for the Chiefs this does not appointment to elite levels.

Where are his 15 sack seasons? Where are his trips to Hawaii? Oh yea...taking nothing away from Jared Allen he does not have the pass rush ability of Jason Taylor or John Abraham or players like that.

Hammock Parties 03-03-2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

Nothing amazes me like this board sometimes.........Jared Allen is a GOOD player. Ok, but since we are Chiefs fans and he plays for the Chiefs this does not appointment to elite levels.

Where are his 15 sack seasons? Where are his trips to Hawaii? Oh yea...taking nothing away from Jared Allen he does not have the pass rush ability of Jason Taylor or John Abraham or players like that.

No one is arguing that. But Jared Allen is better than ANY player who can't stay on the field.

BTW, guess who has more sacks in the last three years?

Brock 03-03-2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

You're actually saying John Abraham is an elite player...see, this is the kind of reeruned shit that gets you laughed at.

Mecca 03-03-2007 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
You're actually saying John Abraham is an elite player...see, this is the kind of reeruned shit that gets you laughed at.

Take this arguement anywhere that isn't a Chiefs board and watch what happens.....obviously I won't win it here. Healthy John Abraham is an elite player, problem is that's usually only for about 10 games.

This view of Jared Allen around here is seriously weird, you'd think he was Jason ****in Taylor.

Brock 03-03-2007 05:57 PM

Quote:

Healthy John Abraham is an elite player, problem is that's usually only for about 10 games.

Then HE ISN'T AN ELITE PLAYER, IS HE? And quit trying to change the argument to Jason TAylor. Abraham isn't shit compared to Taylor.

Mecca 03-03-2007 05:59 PM

Jared Allen is Aaron Schobel if you want a comparison........he's not one of those elite ends..he's a 2nd/3rd tier end that is good but not great.

Brock 03-03-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Jared Allen is Aaron Schobel if you want a comparison........he's not one of those elite ends..he's a 2nd/3rd tier end that is good but not great.

Why do you keep trying to drag other players into the argument? Oh, yeah, because you said something stupid about Abraham being an elite player compared to Jared Allen.

I'd try to cover my tracks as well, if I said something that ****ing dumb.

Fairplay 03-03-2007 06:03 PM

I think it would be alright if say two out of the first three picks are spent on the O line. We need a major overhaul at the front lines. We should just get some youth movement in, we addressed that issue. Remember when the line was solid for years on end? And kicked butt. Time the avenger has caught up.
Restructure it with good draft picks as well as free agency and pickups this year.

Demonpenz 03-03-2007 06:03 PM

Quote:

No.....the point is we could likely get about the same production from someone who doesn't make half what we paid him. I'm of course guessing on what I've seen from this market so far.

What person is out there that could do the same job at half the cost?

The Bad Guy 03-03-2007 06:16 PM

Quote:

Take this arguement anywhere that isn't a Chiefs board and watch what happens.....obviously I won't win it here. Healthy John Abraham is an elite player, problem is that's usually only for about 10 games.

This view of Jared Allen around here is seriously weird, you'd think he was Jason ****in Taylor.

3 ten sack seasons out of 7 doesn't make him an elite player. It's hysterical how you commonly shit all over anything Chiefs related, but you'll put other, above average players on a throne and kiss their ass.

Jared Allen is a good player who has changed games for the Chiefs. He's the best defensive player we have.

You might realize that if you watched the games without your head up your ass.

htismaqe 03-03-2007 06:43 PM

Until we know what kind of money he got, there's no reason to complain about this move.

Was anybody complaining about signing Chris Terry? We just got another team's STARTING LT, and if it was CHEAP, it was worth it.

I don't care how bad he might be, NOBODY IN THE LEAGUE was worse than Jordan Black last season.

NOBODY.