ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Miami reporter says we signed McIntosh (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159157)

DaWolf 03-03-2007 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
It's a bad signing.....if it said 1-2 years hey fine. But it says 6.....he's been let go from 2 teams that had bad offensive lines at the time of not being brought back. He wasn't brought back not because of money but because frankly those teams thought he sucked...

He's an old black version of Jordan Black......

6 is just for bookkeeping purposes. In essence it is probably a 2 year deal. The key is how much guaranteed money he got...

Mecca 03-03-2007 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan
I say give him a shot. 5.5 sacks last year ain't bad.

13 games........he always misses games also...hell we should have signed Luke Petitgout or John Stinchcomb if they were gonna do this.

Brock 03-03-2007 02:51 PM

Quote:

Remember playing SD a few years ago when they were awful....he was a starter on that team.

Yeah, that's really meaningful information.

BigRock 03-03-2007 02:51 PM

Quote:

It's a bad signing.....if it said 1-2 years hey fine. But it says 6.....he's been let go from 2 teams that had bad offensive lines at the time of not being brought back. He wasn't brought back not because of money but because frankly those teams thought he sucked...

That's not true. The Dolphins wanted to re-sign him.

CupidStunt 03-03-2007 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
He's probably better than Black, most sites have him listed as the #2 free agent tackle. But I see the chiefsplanet verdict is already in on a guy that nobody has seen play.

Yep. And they're mostly idiots.

And again, 6 years most likely = 3 years.

Just like Clements' 8 year/$80 million deal is actually more like 6 year/$45 million.

Since when has the NFL guaranteed contracts for its players? Oh yeah, that's right -- they haven't.

Basileus777 03-03-2007 02:52 PM

Quote:

It's a bad signing.....if it said 1-2 years hey fine. But it says 6.....

The length of the contract is not nearly as meaningful as you make it out to be. We don't know the terms of the contract and how backloaded it is. For all we know this is nothing more than a 1 year contract made to look better for the agent.

Mecca 03-03-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777
The length of the contract is not nearly as meaningful as you make it out to be. We don't know the terms of the contract and how backloaded it is. For all we know this is nothing more than a 1 year contract made to look better for the agent.

You know......I'm not going to say anything about this anymore. If you want to be positive about the bad signing go ahead be my guest, it's all we have.

The Chiefs are never going to do things the right way, they are satisfied winning their 7-10 games every year.

Hootie 03-03-2007 02:54 PM

can't hurt

DaWolf 03-03-2007 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lj4mvp
You guys are fucking morons, especially Mecca.

Dude allowed 5.5 sacks, had 3 false starts and just ONE holding penalty.

Compare that to Black (13 sacks, 3 holds) or even an elite tackle like Walter Jones (10.5 sacks, 2 holds).

I'm 100% sure that some of you idiots -- and you know who you are -- don't even watch football.

The key here is A) What role he was brought in to play, and B) Do his skills match up with the offensive system and blocking schemes we are going to employ?

He could very well be a bad signing, or work out well for what we want to do...

BigRock 03-03-2007 02:54 PM

A Dolphin writer's take on McIntosh, written a few days ago:

Quote:

FINS WANT MCINTOSH BACK; FEELING ISN'T MUTUAL

It was reported that left tackle Damion McIntosh will not re-sign with the Dolphins prior to the start of free agency, despite the fact that the Dolphins have said they want him back. I can't really say I blame him much. He was very much underappreciated last season, as he actually did a good job at LT when LJ Shelton was moved to guard. He will also garner a lot of attention from teams that are looking for a tackle, seeing as how the tackle market is fairly weak this year. Losing McIntosh would be a fairly significant blow to the Dolphins for two reasons. First, like I said, he actually played pretty well last year and would be a much better option for the Dolphins at LT than LJ Shelton is, the only Dolphins on the current roster will LT experience. Second, this now leaves another void that will need to be filled either via free agency or the draft. With not much money to spend this offseason, the loss of McIntosh hurts even more.

CupidStunt 03-03-2007 02:55 PM

Sounds about right.

Smed1065 03-03-2007 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan
Looks like Carl is gunning for a 2-14 season himself. Nap Harris-you have to be kidding me??

Who would you sign this year to make us a contender?

Save the money for when we need it in 2009. I hope all the teams spend all their money for the next three years, you can not build a team thru FA, maybe add one position or two to succeed.

I imagine you spent your wad before (in) hand as well?

People complain when we sign FA players and bitch when we do not.

I hope we sign no more FA and take our lumps this year. I have stared to look to 2008 for a change of pace after 10 years of "next" year.

Hootie 03-03-2007 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock
A Dolphin writer's take on McIntosh, written a few days ago:

Wow, that's awesome.

So far, A for Carl!

tk13 03-03-2007 02:58 PM

We once signed Kendrell Bell to a 7 year deal. And he's not going to be here next year... I wouldn't freak out over the 6-year contract.

Brock 03-03-2007 02:58 PM

Quote:

You know......I'm not going to say anything about this anymore. If you want to be positive about the bad signing go ahead be my guest, it's all we have.

The Chiefs are never going to do things the right way, they are satisfied winning their 7-10 games every year.

You know....you don't know what the money is or how it's structured or even what kind of player this guy is. But you're still going to run your mouth about how dumb of a deal it is, even though the Chiefs have nobody but a proven stiff to turn to at LT.