ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Miami reporter says we signed McIntosh (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159157)

Mecca 03-03-2007 02:58 PM

According to football outsiders Miami was 25th in the league running left end 10th running left tackle......that's not exactly good...

Also for the other comment I would have signed no one this year that wasn't cheap. The Chiefs are in a get younger dump older players time. They need to be releasing the Knights, Sims, Wesleys, Hicks and so forth not signing more old guys to go with them.....we need to be playing to have alot of cap room next year and the year after not spending it now when we need to be gutting this team.

mikeyis4dcats. 03-03-2007 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf
6 is just for bookkeeping purposes. In essence it is probably a 2 year deal. The key is how much guaranteed money he got...

exactly. I'm sure no one expects him to be here 6 years. It's all about spreading the dollars.

Brock 03-03-2007 03:00 PM

so tell us all Mecca, just how much did the Chiefs overspend for McIntosh? Enlighten us, please. Be sure and tell us all how much better the team would be if they just stuck with Jordan Black.

Mecca 03-03-2007 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
You know....you don't know what the money is or how it's structured or even what kind of player this guy is. But you're still going to run your mouth about how dumb of a deal it is, even though the Chiefs have nobody but a proven stiff to turn to at LT.

I enjoy this take why don't you just say....

"we signed him he must be good if you dont like him you suck"

Seeing as that is basically your arguement. Acting like I've never seen him play is laughable he was in our division for several years.

'My god you disagree with me you don't know football!"

Mecca 03-03-2007 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
so tell us all Mecca, just how much did the Chiefs overspend for McIntosh? Enlighten us, please. Be sure and tell us all how much better the team would be if they just stuck with Jordan Black.

We'll see when the contract comes out.....if it's anything over 20 mill and the bonus is very high it's going to be laughable.

Sully 03-03-2007 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
You know......I'm not going to say anything about this anymore.

That didn't last long...

Quote:

According to football outsiders Miami was 25th in the league running left end 10th running left tackle......that's not exactly good...

Smed1065 03-03-2007 03:02 PM

Quote:

You know......I'm not going to say anything about this anymore. If you want to be positive about the bad signing go ahead be my guest, it's all we have.

The Chiefs are never going to do things the right way, they are satisfied winning their 7-10 games every year.

I agree but who should we sign in FA to make a run?

Nobody for two years IMO. Saved the cash for when and if we need it. Lets the money fall this year for FA's.

FA is for teams that are close and we are rebuilding even if CP does not want to say that because of season tickets.

Everybody has to rebuild sooner or later and the success is from teams that know this, unlike the Chiefs.

DaWolf 03-03-2007 03:02 PM

You gotta try REALLY hard to be as bad as Black was last year. Worst tackle I've seen in our uniform over an extended period since Criswell:

Quote:

Chiefs left tackle Jordan Black led the league in sacks allowed with 13, according to Stats, LLC.

Brock 03-03-2007 03:02 PM

Quote:

Seeing as that is basically your arguement. Acting like I've never seen him play is laughable he was in our division for several years.

Uh, no, dumbshit. Since I don't know HOW MUCH MONEY WAS SPENT, I can't say whether it was a good deal or not. See, I tend to wait to get some information before I spout off, unlike you, the consummate armchair GM. Frankly, I wouldn't trust you to manage a hotdog stand.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-03-2007 03:02 PM

Quote:

Also for the other comment I would have signed no one this year that wasn't cheap. The Chiefs are in a get younger dump older players time. They need to be releasing the Knights, Sims, Wesleys, Hicks and so forth not signing more old guys to go with them.....we need to be playing to have alot of cap room next year and the year after not spending it now when we need to be gutting this team.

The reason we aren't totally committing to getting that much younger is Carl is afraid he'll lose season ticket holders with 5 to 6 win seasons. The key is to stay competitive just enough, according to Carl and the late Lamar.

Brock 03-03-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

We'll see when the contract comes out.....if it's anything over 20 mill and the bonus is very high it's going to be laughable.

You're making it sound as if it's laughable NOW. What's really laughable is you thinking that you know much at all about football or the business of football.

Basileus777 03-03-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Talk about a strawman....

Mecca 03-03-2007 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder
The reason we aren't totally committing to getting that much younger is Carl is afraid he'll lose season ticket holders with 5 to 6 win seasons. The key is to stay competitive just enough, according to Carl and the late Lamar.

And that is why we don't win Superbowls.......the fear that making the right moves will result in a bad year. So we maintain the status quo.

Mecca 03-03-2007 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smed1065
I agree but who should we sign in FA to make a run?

Nobody for two years IMO. Saved the cash for when and if we need it. Lets the money fall this year for FA's.

FA is for teams that are close and we are rebuilding even if CP does not want to say that because of season tickets.

Everybody has to rebuild sooner or later and the success is from teams that know this, unlike the Chiefs.

We aren't in any position to "make a run" there are atleast 5-7 teams in the AFC signicifantly better than we. We are an old declining team we need to revamp and rebuild not try to make "one last run with the old timers"

mikeyis4dcats. 03-03-2007 03:06 PM

Quote:

And that is why we don't win Superbowls.......the fear that making the right moves will result in a bad year. So we maintain the status quo.

for us, football is a game. for the owners and league, it's a BUSINESS.