ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop How Many Hours Of Sleep Do You Get On A Week Night? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316183)

Lzen 07-12-2018 07:11 AM

6-7 hours.

displacedinMN 07-12-2018 07:26 AM

7-8. Much better after my cpap/sleep study.

ChiliConCarnage 07-12-2018 07:28 AM

This week 6 hours 43 mins. Last week I was one lazy mofo' 8 hr 49 min avg.

Shaid 07-12-2018 07:47 AM

6 during the week. Try to sleep in and get 8-9 on Saturday if I'm not doing something in the morning. Been about a month since I got to do that though.

rabblerouser 07-12-2018 08:07 AM

4-5.

If I go to bed too early, I wake up too early.

SuperBowl4 07-12-2018 08:22 AM

How many times do you wake up at night to go pee on weeknights?

Bearcat 07-12-2018 08:31 AM

Really wish I was a 5-6 hour person or even less, but my brain starts to shut down after a few nights of that. I shoot for 8 hours/night, but can do okay with a little less.

However, some weeks it seems like I couldn't possibly sleep enough and want to sleep 9-10 hours/night while other weeks suck... and one doesn't necessarily cause the other.

vailpass 07-12-2018 08:34 AM

I do not sleep.

Rain Man 07-12-2018 08:38 AM

I average about 7 according to my Garmin, which is more than I thought.

But I have a different topic that may not be worth its own thread: sleeping outside.

As background, our swamp cooler had a broken water line when we started to crank it up this year, and it's hard to fix because it goes up the side of our house and the break was 20 feet up. Simultaneously, we had dinner at a neighbor's house, and he was extolling the virtues of his ductless A/C system. So my wife said that perhaps it was time to consider an air conditioning system, and I've been in charge of that. It's a very slow process since most HVAC people are incapable of calling a potential customer back to schedule an appointment.

So that's the background. It's been in the upper 90s in Denver every day, and our bedroom is on the third floor of our house and what's kind of a large attic layout. It's surrounded by roof on three sides, so it gets brutally hot. 100 degrees plus on these days.

Well, my wife retreated to the living room couch on the first floor since the second floor is also pretty warm. I scouted around and decided that our little third floor balcony could be nice. So I dragged up one of our patio chaise lounges, put a comforter on it, and slept out there.

Man, it's been divine. The temperature drops to the lower 60s at night, so it's very pleasant. I look up at the stars, get my skin caressed by cool breezes, and I'm protected because the balcony has a three foot wall or higher on every side. I want to sleep out there permanently in the summer now. I think that perhaps people are meant to sleep outdoors.

I'm not into camping, but I'm loving this outdoor thing. The house originally had a sleeping porch on the second floor that was removed at some point in the past century, and those original builders knew what they were doing.

Anyone else sleep outside in the summer?

Rain Man 07-12-2018 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13625025)
I do not sleep.

Quarterback situation? I can see that.

O.city 07-12-2018 09:21 AM

7-8 for me. I can go off a lot less, hell, when I was in dental school I could do 4 or 5 thru the week but **** that.

ModSocks 07-12-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13625030)
I average about 7 according to my Garmin, which is more than I thought.

But I have a different topic that may not be worth its own thread: sleeping outside.

As background, our swamp cooler had a broken water line when we started to crank it up this year, and it's hard to fix because it goes up the side of our house and the break was 20 feet up. Simultaneously, we had dinner at a neighbor's house, and he was extolling the virtues of his ductless A/C system. So my wife said that perhaps it was time to consider an air conditioning system, and I've been in charge of that. It's a very slow process since most HVAC people are incapable of calling a potential customer back to schedule an appointment.

So that's the background. It's been in the upper 90s in Denver every day, and our bedroom is on the third floor of our house and what's kind of a large attic layout. It's surrounded by roof on three sides, so it gets brutally hot. 100 degrees plus on these days.

Well, my wife retreated to the living room couch on the first floor since the second floor is also pretty warm. I scouted around and decided that our little third floor balcony could be nice. So I dragged up one of our patio chaise lounges, put a comforter on it, and slept out there.

Man, it's been divine. The temperature drops to the lower 60s at night, so it's very pleasant. I look up at the stars, get my skin caressed by cool breezes, and I'm protected because the balcony has a three foot wall or higher on every side. I want to sleep out there permanently in the summer now. I think that perhaps people are meant to sleep outdoors.

I'm not into camping, but I'm loving this outdoor thing. The house originally had a sleeping porch on the second floor that was removed at some point in the past century, and those original builders knew what they were doing.

Anyone else sleep outside in the summer?

Your situation is quite a bit different than mine was, but when i had to sleep outside i never really slept. More like you close your eyes, but are still alert and waken every hour or less.

SuperBowl4 07-12-2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13625025)
I do not sleep.

What about before you joined chiefs planet?

Fish 07-12-2018 09:34 AM

3-14 ±8

Rain Man 07-12-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13625096)
Your situation is quite a bit different than mine was, but when i had to sleep outside i never really slept. More like you close your eyes, but are still alert and waken every hour or less.

In my spot, I'm safe from everything but Spiderman and giant eagles. So I can sleep pretty soundly.