ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Anyone been to Perdido Key, FL? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=163929)

NewChief 06-01-2007 08:56 PM

Anyone been to Perdido Key, FL?

What the hell, I'm bored and it's the night crew. We're thinking about switching from Destin to here next year. I hope the fishing is better, and it looks like it's a lot more low key. Anyone ever been and have experiences to relate?

Phobia 06-01-2007 11:00 PM

I've never been but I highly recommend it. I'm all about low-key vacations. It's the reason I recommend Aculpoco over Cancun.

Nzoner 06-01-2007 11:03 PM

I thought your tired ass was going to bed?

oh well cheers :toast:

Cannon1987 06-01-2007 11:10 PM

Went there last year, very nice

RealSNR 06-01-2007 11:12 PM

Is it as low key as Key Largo?

Nyuk nyuk nyuk

BucEyedPea 06-01-2007 11:14 PM

I live in Florida, and I never heard of it.

Destin's really nice though too.

Phobia 06-01-2007 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannon1987
Went there last year, very nice

I'm sure. What was so nice about it that you can't find on google?

BucEyedPea 06-01-2007 11:21 PM

Just Googled it. Looks gorgeous. It's a barrier island. I'm gonna have to make a trip. Only we're being told to get ready for hurricanes again. When ya' going NewChief?

Nzoner 06-01-2007 11:23 PM

I really have to pay more attention to the times thesae posts are made

Cannon1987 06-01-2007 11:32 PM

JUST UP THE ROAD tHE PALE BLUE WATER TOAWER

NewChief 06-02-2007 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea
Just Googled it. Looks gorgeous. It's a barrier island. I'm gonna have to make a trip. Only we're being told to get ready for hurricanes again. When ya' going NewChief?

We're going to Destin again this year. We almost always go to Destin, except one year we went to Gulf Shores, AL. We'll be going to Destin first week in August. Next year, I think we're going to go to Perdido Key. I'm not really that keen on all the insanity of Destin. Grayton Beach is more my style, but we haven't been able to find a place to our requirements there (it's my mom, 2 brothers, wives, and kids, so there's a bunch of us). Anyway, we've found a nice place to stay in Perdido Key that will work out well, so I hope we try it next year. Unfortunately, my sister in law is a destin fanatic and always fights me tooth and nail when I want to change the location.

LOCOChief 06-02-2007 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief
What the hell, I'm bored and it's the night crew. We're thinking about switching from Destin to here next year. I hope the fishing is better, and it looks like it's a lot more low key. Anyone ever been and have experiences to relate?

Not sure what time of year you going, but if your fishing on the fly without a boat? not alot of sight fishing opportunities there (assuming your primarily going to fish) go south young man!

NewChief 06-02-2007 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief
Not sure what time of year you going, but if your fishing on the fly without a boat? not alot of sight fishing opportunities there (assuming your primarily going to fish) go south young man!

Fishing is a secondary concern, unfortunately. Well, primary concern for me, secondary for everyone else. I usually do okay from the surf, mainly ladyfish, some specks, blues, and reds as well. I've taken the yaks down in the past as well, and done okay trolling, catching spanish as well as the others. I'd love to go further south, but it's a large family vacation where we all drive. As such, it has to be fairly close to Arkansas which means the Redneck Riviera.