ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2013-2014 Official NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275118)

Pushead2 04-06-2014 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10542357)
Man, I wish the Thunder had a guy like Harden. Still miss that guy's ability to get to the rim.

That finals left a bad taste in management's mouth. I think that was the real driving force behind it.

Miles 04-06-2014 03:56 AM

/
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 10542845)
That finals left a bad taste in management's mouth. I think that was the real driving force behind it.

Haven't heard that defense of the trade before. Is that related to the decision about money and not wanting to spend it?

TEX 04-06-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 10542845)

Deal is, it would be ironic if the trade comes full circle and the Rockets end up knocking the Thunder off in the Western Conference Finals keeping them from advancing to the NBA Finals...I dont think Houston has the point guard play yet to accomplish that, but that day might arrive soon...Changing sports, if the Chiefs made a similar decision, it would most certainly come back to haunt them in the worst way possible.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-06-2014 05:09 PM

A new low for Indiana as they are losing 57-23 to the Hawks at home. They obviously stopped giving a shit some time ago. I Hope they find it's not so easy to flip the switch and get bumped in the first round. **** them.

KevB 04-06-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10544242)
A new low for Indiana as they are losing 57-23 to the Hawks at home. They obviously stopped giving a shit some time ago. I Hope they find it's not so easy to flip the switch and get bumped in the first round. **** them.

Someone send a Hazmat team to Indiana, good lord

Miles 04-06-2014 06:14 PM

Only recorded stat for Hibbert is 1 TO. Good job, good effort.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-06-2014 07:52 PM

Interesting scoring timeline in the Rockets-Denver game.

Nuggets up 10 in the 1st Quarter
Rockets up 17 at Half
Game tied after 3 quarters
Nuggets up 13 with 4 minutes left
Overtime
Rockets win!!!

Get healthy Howard!

KC_Connection 04-06-2014 11:51 PM

The Pacers running out of gas is another example of why you need to pace yourself over the course of the regular season. Coming on like gangbusters at the beginning of a season isn't sustainable (unless you're a ridiculous basketball machine like the Spurs that can run interchangeably with about 10 different guys). Considering how massively they are tanking right now, they should still be fine energy-wise for the playoffs, though.

LeBron is supposedly planning on taking no days off himself (in the attempt to ensure the #1 seed, I guess). But that may change if the Pacers keep losing like this.

TEX 04-07-2014 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10544601)
Interesting scoring timeline in the Rockets-Denver game.

Nuggets up 10 in the 1st Quarter
Rockets up 17 at Half
Game tied after 3 quarters
Nuggets up 13 with 4 minutes left
Overtime
Rockets win!!!

Get healthy Howard!

Exactly!
At first I wasn't concerned, but I am now. The ankle has not responded as well as the Rockets had hoped. Howard had it drained again last Thursday. Ankles injuries can take a long time to heal. Even when he comes back, its gonna bother him.

okcchief 04-07-2014 08:52 PM

[QUOTE=TEX;10543117]Deal is, it would be ironic if the trade comes full circle and the Rockets end up knocking the Thunder off in the Western Conference Finals keeping them from advancing to the NBA Finals...I dont think Houston has the point guard play yet to accomplish that, but that day might arrive soon...Changing sports, if the Chiefs made a similar decision, it would most certainly come back to haunt them in the worst way

There is something wrong with the Thunder, but Im pretty confident if they make it to the WCF they will win. That's a big IF though. I think they will lose to the Clippers, and the Spurs beat the Clippers. I'm hoping getting Thabo back and WB off restricted minutes rights the ship. Right now they are broke.

No way Houston beats SA in a playoff series. That's crazy talk.

TEX 04-08-2014 07:37 AM

[QUOTE=okcchief;10547082]
Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10543117)
Deal is, it would be ironic if the trade comes full circle and the Rockets end up knocking the Thunder off in the Western Conference Finals keeping them from advancing to the NBA Finals...I dont think Houston has the point guard play yet to accomplish that, but that day might arrive soon...Changing sports, if the Chiefs made a similar decision, it would most certainly come back to haunt them in the worst way

There is something wrong with the Thunder, but Im pretty confident if they make it to the WCF they will win. That's a big IF though. I think they will lose to the Clippers, and the Spurs beat the Clippers. I'm hoping getting Thabo back and WB off restricted minutes rights the ship. Right now they are broke.

No way Houston beats SA in a playoff series. That's crazy talk.

I agree for the most part BUT I've experienced first hand a Houston team, ranked 6th in the Western Conference, beat a Spurs team ranked #1 and then sweeping Orlando to win the Title. That Rockets team was better, though not record -wise, and there were certainly different circumstances and I know the past has nothing to do with the present. However, there is a heated rivalry that spans generations between the two that I would not dismiss. Back then, everyone did, and said the same thing that you're saying now...:hmmm:

Like I said, I don't think Houston gets past OKC and the Clippers, but if they get the Spurs, I think they make more of a series out of it and might win it. All speculation, and just my opinion. You're free to call it "Crazy" as I'm sure most will.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-08-2014 08:10 AM

Anything less than 6 playoffs wins for Houston and I'd be disappointed, but they are not ready to compete with the top 3. Maybe next year if we see growth in Jones, Lin, Canaan, and Covington while replacing turds like Motiejunas, Hamilton and Casspi with actual NBA role players.

dirk digler 04-08-2014 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10545078)
The Pacers running out of gas is another example of why you need to pace yourself over the course of the regular season. Coming on like gangbusters at the beginning of a season isn't sustainable (unless you're a ridiculous basketball machine like the Spurs that can run interchangeably with about 10 different guys). Considering how massively they are tanking right now, they should still be fine energy-wise for the playoffs, though.

LeBron is supposedly planning on taking no days off himself (in the attempt to ensure the #1 seed, I guess). But that may change if the Pacers keep losing like this.

The Pacers will be lucky to get past round 1 at this point. I haven't seen a meltdown like this..well maybe never

And their meltdown is more than just running out of gas, that is the least of their problems. They have major locker room problems and too much finger pointing going on.

TEX 04-08-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10547790)
Anything less than 6 playoffs wins for Houston and I'd be disappointed, but they are not ready to compete with the top 3. Maybe next year if we see growth in Jones, Lin, Canaan, and Covington while replacing turds like Motiejunas, Hamilton and Casspi with actual NBA role players.

I agree. However, Im done with Lin though. Id like to see them get a solid Point Guard.

TEX 04-08-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10547799)
The Pacers will be lucky to get past round 1 at this point. I haven't seen a meltdown like this..well maybe never

And their meltdown is more than just running out of gas, that is the least of their problems. They have major locker room problems and too much finger pointing going on.

The Pacers will get out of round 1. The East is very weak, especially the bottom feeders.