ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Pre-Combine QB Poll V1.0 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268355)

Exoter175 01-03-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9272355)
Why not include all the QBs likely to be in the draft? Or at least an "other" option?

Because the Chiefs won't be picking anyone outside of these 5.

keg in kc 01-03-2013 02:30 AM

Rather more one-sided than I expected.

Ultra Peanut 01-03-2013 02:32 AM

THOMAS TAPEH

Exoter175 01-03-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9272532)
Rather more one-sided than I expected.

I have the opposite impression, I honestly thought it would look more one sided than this pre-combine.

Sorter 01-03-2013 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9272355)
Why not include all the QBs likely to be in the draft? Or at least an "other" option?

Nassib, Wilson, and Barkley are all guys that IMO can be effective QBs as rookies.

Glennon needs a much better situation based on personnel/scheme to succeed IMO.

Bray needs to sit as well.

Exoter175 01-03-2013 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9272547)
Nassib, Wilson, and Barkley are all guys that IMO can be effective QBs as rookies.

Glennon needs a much better situation based on personnel/scheme to succeed IMO.

Bray needs to sit as well.

Do you think Nassib will be taken ahead of Glennon and/or Bray?

Sorter 01-03-2013 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9272553)
Do you think Nassib will be taken ahead of Glennon and/or Bray?

Possibly.

I think that when you compare them all on tape, Bray has the much better arm + strength of schedule throughout his career. He also has a poor release point, throwing motion, is inconsistent, and also has character issues stemming from throwing beer bottles.

Glennon has a solid arm but is shaky. Worse than Flacco coming from Delaware. Poor decision making, tends to check down on plays that don't warrant it, and consistently struggles on making throws outside the hash (deep outs, corners). I'd love to take him if my entire team was ready to compete and we were drafting at #25 or he could sit for 2+ years.

I think that Nassib's ability to move within the pocket along with his release is significantly better than both.

I think that the QBs will go Geno, Wilson, Barkley, Nassib, Glennon although any variation of the last 3 wouldn't shock me. Bray can sneak in there but he'd have to wow in interviews and throw well ( motion-wise) at his pro-day/combine.

Wumbology 01-03-2013 03:15 AM

Seth Doege. I'll say he's the next Russell Wilson so if he is actually good I can come back here and brag. If not, I'll just do my usual hang around and not post.

Sorter 01-03-2013 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wumbology (Post 9272561)
Seth Doege. I'll say he's the next Russell Wilson so if he is actually good I can come back here and brag. If not, I'll just do my usual hang around and not post.

I've just seen highlights so I really can't comment.

Exoter175 01-03-2013 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9272559)
Possibly.

I think that when you compare them all on tape, Bray has the much better arm + strength of schedule throughout his career. He also has a poor release point, throwing motion, is inconsistent, and also has character issues stemming from throwing beer bottles.

Glennon has a solid arm but is shaky. Worse than Flacco coming from Delaware. Poor decision making, tends to check down on plays that don't warrant it, and consistently struggles on making throws outside the hash (deep outs, corners). I'd love to take him if my entire team was ready to compete and we were drafting at #25 or he could sit for 2+ years.

I think that Nassib's ability to move within the pocket along with his release is significantly better than both.

I think that the QBs will go Geno, Wilson, Barkley, Nassib, Glennon although any variation of the last 3 wouldn't shock me. Bray can sneak in there but he'd have to wow in interviews and throw well ( motion-wise) at his pro-day/combine.

So you and I basically have the same rankings, except I have Glennn ahead of Nassib, and Bray ahead of both. I completely agree with your breakdown that you just wrote, but I'd really emphasize for bray his decision making issues that have been fairly prevalent. More often than not I've seen him try to force the deep ball because of his arm, rather than check it down, and often times throw into double coverage expecting his receiver to go up and get it. I just don't think his receivers are talented enough to really hide that shortcoming.

Sorter 01-03-2013 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9272565)
So you and I basically have the same rankings, except I have Glennn ahead of Nassib, and Bray ahead of both. I completely agree with your breakdown that you just wrote, but I'd really emphasize for bray his decision making issues that have been fairly prevalent. More often than not I've seen him try to force the deep ball because of his arm, rather than check it down, and often times throw into double coverage expecting his receiver to go up and get it. I just don't think his receivers are talented enough to really hide that shortcoming.

Bray has had excellent talent at WR the past 2 years and arguably solid line/RB play.

I'd encourage you to watch more of Nassib.

Sorter 01-03-2013 03:29 AM

Bray is Stafford minus being successful in the SEC and with worse footwork and decision making. Will still make some throws that leave your jaw dropping but isn't worth the #1 pick when you have Geno and Wilson still available.

Exoter175 01-03-2013 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9272569)
Bray has had excellent talent at WR the past 2 years and arguably solid line/RB play.

I'd encourage you to watch more of Nassib.

He has had excellent WR play, but what I was getting at is I don't think his WRs are talented enough to bail him out of some of these throws that really make me question his decision making. If he had a once in a decade guy like Calvin, we'd probably be overlooking it.

I'll definitely watch more of Nassib over the next few days. I've been eating my weight in Geno film lately since the mock draft thread. I like what I see from a potential WCO perspective if Reid lands here, but I hate the McNabb comparisons for better and worse.

Exoter175 01-03-2013 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9272570)
Bray is Stafford minus being successful in the SEC and with worse footwork and decision making. Will still make some throws that leave your jaw dropping but isn't worth the #1 pick when you have Geno and Wilson still available.

I definitely agree with you there, but I also think he's raw enough to be coached and molded with ridiculous upside.

Sorter 01-03-2013 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9272573)
I definitely agree with you there, but I also think he's raw enough to be coached and molded with ridiculous upside.

Possibly. I'd rather go with Geno, Wilson as the #1 overall.