ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs It just keeps getting worse for the players.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267253)

Fat Elvis 12-01-2012 02:05 PM

It just keeps getting worse for the players....

It looks like Jamaal Charles is married to the cousin of Belcher's girlfriend; found a picture on victim's facebook page that was posted earlier where she was congratulating Charles on marrying her cousin (dated July 8).

Rasputin 12-01-2012 02:16 PM

Man oh man.

Prayers to all this is too much to grasp today. Unbelievable. :(

DTLB58 12-01-2012 02:17 PM

Well, it was reported someone else on the team introduced Belcher and his girl friend.

FAX 12-01-2012 02:32 PM

And Goodall wants them to play tomorrow ...

... right.

FAX

CoMoChief 12-01-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9168063)
And Goodall wants them to play tomorrow ...

... right.

FAX

I don't see any reason why they would cancel the game to be honest.

Jenson71 12-01-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9168080)

Really, not a single reason you could see?

-King- 12-01-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9168080)

Yeah, a player committing suicide after killing his girlfriend is a pretty typical thing. Also, him committing that suicide infront of the GM and Head Coach is a pretty normal thing also. I'm sure Romeo and the players will be over it by game time tomorrow.

CoMoChief 12-01-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 9168111)

Why wouldn't they be able to play tomorrow? The entire team didn't die. You put in Greenwood or Siler or whoever it is and you play the game like you normally would. With a heavy heart? Sure. They can still play though. World doesn't evolve around Javon Belcher. Not trying to sound like an ass...it's just the truth.

Chiefaholic 12-01-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 9168111)

Put it to a vote for the team and those that choose not to attend should be allowed to do so w/o loss of pay.

quailchaser 12-01-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9168133)
Yeah, a player committing suicide after killing his girlfriend is a pretty typical thing. Also, him committing that suicide infront of the GM and Head Coach is a pretty normal thing also. I'm sure Romeo and the players will be over it by game time tomorrow.

Over it, this is something you never get over, you deal with it forever.

lcarus 12-01-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

They're probably already over it. Romeo and Daboll are likely drawing up Peyton Hillis halfback passes as we speak.

ChiefMojo 12-01-2012 02:52 PM

Some say Battle was the player that had introduced the two I believe.

CoMoChief 12-01-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

What does "be over it" mean?

RINGLEADER 12-01-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

If the reports are true and they witnessed the suicide, I can guarantee the memory will be with Romeo and Pioli until their last breath. Seeing someone die in front of you is extremely disturbing -- watching someone take their own life is even worse.

GoChargers 12-01-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quailchaser (Post 9168147)
Over it, this is something you never get over, you deal with it forever.

The sarcasm went flying over your head, man.