ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Discussion: NSFW images in spoiler tags (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269468)

Phobia 01-29-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9362756)
Is this directed at me? I'm not asking for a policy change. I'm asking that policy be enforced. Board policy is no nudie pics. Says nothing about it being OK in spoiler tags...

I always enforce it. I don't see any links or reported threads. Apparently I haven't been into the thread in question.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9362805)
It's a lame argument because it still applies if I simply don't want trashy pictures on my home computer cache. The fact is it's against the terms of service, and it doesn't matter where I view the thread, it's still against the TOS.

Seriously?

Fire Me Boy! 01-29-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9362814)
I think somebody needs to define "not safe for work".

Our corporate proxy does not allow us to download pictures of beer, for example.

For the longest time, my AVATAR (a bottle of Das Echte Schwaben Brau) was technically NOT SAFE FOR WORK.

Again, if your company is THAT uptight that an embedded graphic that you didn't even click on could be a potential problem for you, DON'T SURF CHIEFSPLANET WITH A COMPANY COMPUTER.

Quite frankly, if you work for a Fortune 500 publicly-traded company, surfing the Planet - SFW or not - is against company policy.

True enough. That said, a lot of IT departments will let bikini pics slide... throw in some full nudity and you've crossed a line.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 06:31 PM

Is Sorter's use of the spoiler tags earlier in this thread filter evasion?

DaFace 01-29-2013 06:31 PM

Here's a thought, with the caveat that I DON'T KNOW IF WE CAN MAKE THIS WORK.

I found another site out there in the world that has a NSFW tag. According to the description, it doesn't load the image until after the person clicks the link. This would also make sure that it's clear that this isn't a spoiler and is truly a way of masking the image.

Is that something that those against the spoiler route would be OK with?

(Other mods feel free to chime in on this as well, either publicly or privately.)

The Franchise 01-29-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9362796)
Who wants to click on links that could be harmful to the computer? Clicking on links can be way annoying when they blog down the computer too.

I really don't see the big deal if they warn with NSFW for the spoiler tag? Simple don't click on the NSFW spoiler at work.

Once again.....you didn't pay attention....did you?

Fire Me Boy! 01-29-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9362820)
Seriously?

No, I could give a shit on my home computer. It's an example.

Hootie 01-29-2013 06:32 PM

my work has free wifi so I just bring my laptop with me and surf whatever the **** I want under a fake name and keep everything on the work computer right next to me work related! Must be nice, I know =)

The Franchise 01-29-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9362825)

I found another site out there in the world that has a NSFW tag. According to the description, it doesn't load the image until after the person clicks the link. This would also make sure that it's clear that this isn't a spoiler and is truly a way of masking the image.

That would be an awesome fix.....if possible.

BigRedChief 01-29-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9362814)
I think somebody needs to define "not safe for work".

Our corporate proxy does not allow us to download pictures of beer, for example.

For the longest time, my AVATAR (a bottle of Das Echte Schwaben Brau) was technically NOT SAFE FOR WORK.

Again, if your company is THAT uptight that an embedded graphic that you didn't even click on could be a potential problem for you, DON'T SURF CHIEFSPLANET WITH A COMPANY COMPUTER.

Quite frankly, if you work for a Fortune 500 publicly-traded company, surfing the Planet - SFW or not - is against company policy.

If you don't realize it then take it from me and htismage. Your work computer caches EVERYTHING on this website. If your company has a strict internet use policy, best to wait till your off work or on your smartphone to visit the site.

KCUnited 01-29-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9362827)
No, I could give a shit on my home computer. It's an example.

Couldn't.

Crush 01-29-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

(Other mods feel free to chime in on this as well, either publicly or privately.)

I think that is a fair compromise.

seclark 01-29-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

sweet.
sec

Fire Me Boy! 01-29-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

As long as it doesn't load the image (does more than just mask it), I think that would be fine.

BigMeatballDave 01-29-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9362737)
"PLEASE CHANGE BOARD POLICY FOR ME BECAUSE I AM A SLACKER"

LMAO