ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs @nfldraftscout (Matt Miller) will be on 610 from 1-2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269046)

RunKC 01-18-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9330970)
And?...

Geno played in a pro style offense his first year. This guy is clueless.

duncan_idaho 01-18-2013 01:36 PM

What the hell is this guy talking about calling Luke Joeckel as good as Jon Odgen?

COME ON.

Ogden was just as athletic as Joeckel, but he was 3" taller, 50 pounds heavier, had incredibly long arms even for his height (7-foot wingspan). He also was a freaking monster when it came to strength.

Calling a tackle without elite strength as good as Ogden or Pace is just dumb.

Fansy the Famous Bard 01-18-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9330967)
This guy just said Geno's weakness is just that he never played in a pro style offense.

I guess Geno and I have that in common.

Rambozo 01-18-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9330958)
Some Chiefs fans don't want to draft a Qb unless he's a sure thing with no flaws. Basically unless Andrew Luck falls to the Chiefs in the middle of the first round after they've traded down for value.

I don't think that's true. Every Chiefs fan wants to draft a QB and I think we will. Andrew Luck is a once in 30 year prospect. No one has Andrew Luck on the mind. People really look at Geno and compare him to Ryan and Stafford and they see he's not as good. Most people just want a QB that will succeed imo. He doesn't have to be perfect and we can be a little patient with him. The thing is that it doesn't look like there is a guy like that in this class. I am talking about a guy like say Joe Flacco for example. We are going to have to play the hand we are dealt. People complain about mock's like Kiper's for example but that would be great. Can you imagine if we knew Geno would fall into the 20's? What if it is as evident to the GM's as it was when Brady Quinn and Aaron Rodgers fell? Wouldn't the best situation be to grab Joeckel and trade back into the first and grab Wilson or Smith?

If that happened, guys like you would extatic calling Dorsey a genius. But, for the two hours before we traded you would be cursing the everloving shit out of him threatening to end your Chiefs fandom.

It's true for a lot of you guys. My advice is to chill out and hope Geno and/or drop.

Fansy the Famous Bard 01-18-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9330985)

It's true for a lot of you guys. My advice is to chill out and hope Geno and/or drop.

No one asked for your advice.

HolyHat 01-18-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9330938)
people are Geno crazy around here. It's like they love him so much that they just want to grab hold of him and **** the shit out of him.

I'd **** the shit out of him.

Rausch 01-18-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9330977)
Geno played in a pro style offense his first year. This guy is clueless.

For most of his career he didn't.

And yes, a legitimate argument would be his footwork and adjusting to the pro game.

Yes, that's a legit "con" when evaluating him.

To me the main reason I like the guy is his ability to read (yes, he can) and get rid of the ball quickly with an absurdly high completion percentage.

Yes, that's inflated due to the system and the fact it's the college game but he's proven he can fit perfectly in a 1-2-3 offense...

O.city 01-18-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

I don't think that's true. Every Chiefs fan wants to draft a QB and I think we will. Andrew Luck is a once in 30 year prospect. No one has Andrew Luck on the mind. People really look at Geno and compare him to Ryan and Stafford and they see he's not as good. Most people just want a QB that will succeed imo. He doesn't have to be perfect and we can be a little patient with him. The thing is that it doesn't look like there is a guy like that in this class. I am talking about a guy like say Joe Flacco for example. We are going to have to play the hand we are dealt. People complain about mock's like Kiper's for example but that would be great. Can you imagine if we knew Geno would fall into the 20's? What if it is as evident to the GM's as it was when Brady Quinn and Aaron Rodgers fell? Wouldn't the best situation be to grab Joeckel and trade back into the first and grab Wilson or Smith?

If that happened, guys like you would extatic calling Dorsey a genius. But, for the two hours before we traded you would be cursing the everloving shit out of him threatening to end your Chiefs fandom.

So you want a prospect that came from a ****ing Division 1aa school at Qb? Lotta hindsight there.

Rodgers is what you are coming up with? Yeah 20 some odd Gm's were ****ing stupid and passed on him.

And, no hte best situation would be re sign Albert, draft a QB at 1 and not have to **** with giving up any extra picks.

Rambozo 01-18-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9330992)
I'd **** the shit out of him.

ROFL

duncan_idaho 01-18-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

I would take Geno Smith over Matt Ryan and think he's nearly identical to Bradford (more upside, lower floor).

The problem with Kiper's mock is that it is out of touch with reality. There's no way that QBs are going to fall as much as he (or some other experts) thinks. There are too many teams with extreme needs. Planning to draft "BPA" and hoping for a QB in round 2 (or by trading up into the 20s of round 1) falls completely apart if Oakland, Arizona, Jacksonville (which will have two shots at it), Buffalo, etc. take QBs.

Rambozo 01-18-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9330995)
So you want a prospect that came from a ****ing Division 1aa school at Qb? Lotta hindsight there.

I didn't say that.

Rodgers is what you are coming up with? Yeah 20 some odd Gm's were ****ing stupid and passed on him.

Yep but, at the time there were some questions about him just like Geno. No one can see the future. None of them expected him to turn out like he has. Unfortunately, teams don't have the hindsight advantage when they are picking in the draft.

And, no hte best situation would be re sign Albert, draft a QB at 1 and not have to **** with giving up any extra picks.

You sound afraid and desperate imo. We'll find a QB man. We will draft a QB this year and sooner or later, one will pan out.

We are on the right path.

RustShack 01-18-2013 01:47 PM

Geno is actually a real good prospect from a physical/talent standpoint. He just needs a little coaching to reach his potential. He threw 42 TD's 6 INT's and completed 72% of his passes last year and he isn't even close to tapping his full potential yet. He was on a bad team, if his team did better everyone would love him. He was far from the reason why they weren't successfull.

If last years staff was here, yeah Geno is probably screwed... But Reid can coach him as as well as anyone else in the NFL.

Smith is the opposite if the Chiefs. He had no help(besides a few WR's). The Chiefs have a lot in place, but you can't see it because there's no QB.

HolyHat 01-18-2013 01:48 PM

I don't see how this guy thinks Ryan Tannetits would be the best QB in this class...that's total nonsense.

Rambozo 01-18-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9330997)
I would take Geno Smith over Matt Ryan and think he's nearly identical to Bradford (more upside, lower floor).

The problem with Kiper's mock is that it is out of touch with reality. There's no way that QBs are going to fall as much as he (or some other experts) thinks. There are too many teams with extreme needs. Planning to draft "BPA" and hoping for a QB in round 2 (or by trading up into the 20s of round 1) falls completely apart if Oakland, Arizona, Jacksonville (which will have two shots at it), Buffalo, etc. take QBs.

Geno has better tools but, mentally, he is not where Ryan was. Ryan is and has always been great under pressure in big games. He brought his team back so much he earned the name "Matty Ice." Geno and Bradford haven't shown that yet and that is a big deal. Tons of these NFL games come down to the wire. That is one of the first things coaches look at when checking out QBs imo.

I agree about Kiper. At least 2-3 will go in the first.

Make no mistake, if we pass on a QB at #1, it is for a damn good reason and more than likely, Oakland, Jacksonville, and the others will pass too.

O.city 01-18-2013 01:50 PM

So you want a Flacco type prospect, who had more questions coming out than 2 or 3 of the top guys this year? Ok.

No shit, people can't see the future. WHo knew.

Afraid and desperate? For what? Statistics show the best place to find a franchise QB is in the first round. When you wait til the second, chances go down, free agency even farther.