ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Missed the game; was Damon the difference? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=192895)

Archie F. Swin 09-29-2008 08:58 AM

Missed the game; was Damon the difference?

I missed the game...I was fearful it was gonna be a massacre. I know Larry ran, and I know the donx coughed up the ball, but ultimately was Damon consistent and serviceable?

bobbything 09-29-2008 09:00 AM

At the right times he converted some 3rd downs late in the game. He looked solid. If we would have started Thigpen we would have lost. So, yes, he was the difference.

Valiant 09-29-2008 09:36 AM

No, he was leashed most of the afternoon.. He did his job to complete on third down though..

Defense, turnovers and LJ were the difference.. Damon just needs to keep up his Dilfer impersonation going..

CoMoChief 09-29-2008 09:38 AM

Yes he was. He has more experience in the pocket than the rest of our shitty QBs on our roster. The score would have been the other way around had Thigpen started.

It still pisses me off Herm decided to play him against OAK and ATL.....We very well could be 3-1, at worst 2-2.........what these young players need is to learn how to win games. We can't afford to do experiements in the regular season......thats what preseason is for. The whole Hagans thing should have resulted in direct firing of Herm Edwards.....theres no excuse for reeruned shit like that on a football field.

Huard actually works quite well with play action.

A lot of people on here hate Huard.......for what reason I dunno, Is it because he can take hits better than Croyle can? Is it because our offense is clearly better when Huard is in the game? I dunno.

I thought about this last night.....At first I was fine with putting Croyle back in once he's healthy, I've changed my mind. Huard needs to start the rest of the season. the Brodie Croyle experiment should be over as well. He can't get better sitting on the sidelines. We can go after a QB in next offseason if we need to. Huard gives other players the best chance (with what we have at QB) to succeed and get better. There are many young players on this team.....Charles, Franklin, Taylor, Albert, Cottam, Bowe can all get better with Huard in because when Huard is in the offense is on the field a lot longer.

Most importantly though I will repeat, the best thing for young players is to learn how to win games in this leage. If they can do that we can really set a solid foundation for years to come.

Yes the defense played well and turnovers played a great part in the outcome as did the running game. I also know that running the ball won't be as easy as it was against DEN swish cheese Dline. But I do know from what I've seen is that this team has a lot more confidence in itself when Huard is in there. This team looked completely lost and hopeless when Thigpen was in there, and if they for some reason have the same success against other teams as it did against DEN, I'm not sure that even the players will want Croyle back in, because frankly we can't score shit when he's in there as well. Huard has shown many times that he throws a more catchable ball and is more posied in the pocket than Croyle.

Why McIntosh still starts just proves Herm's a moron. Put Richardson in there.....I mean gawwwd damn. Theres no reason not to start Taylor at RT once Albert is healthy. A backup swing tackle can be HUUUUGE for us.

Williams played well at LB, and Donnie needs to come back in as Mike. The DT's played well yesterday... Denver never could get the running game going. Cutler wasn't the same though....I will say that......he threw the ball all over the place like a rookie and couldnt hit shit. There were a few times WR's were WIDE OPEN down field and he didn't see it.

Chief Faithful 09-29-2008 09:39 AM

I like to think its because Denver's front seven of defense suck. :evil:

ChiefsCountry 09-29-2008 09:40 AM

It was 2006 again. LJ kicked ass and made the offense click.

Reerun_KC 09-29-2008 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 5065994)
Yes, he was unleashed most of the afternoon.. He did his job to complete on third down though..

Defense, turnovers and LJ were the difference.. Damon just needs to keep up his Dilfer impersonation going..

FYP :D

Dude threw some serious strikes DownField yesterday... Without the fear of BigFetal in the back field, no way LJ runs for 198... No way in hell....

DownField struck fear into Denvers O and D... They knew once we had first and goal 3 times and never threw a moonball into the zone, that they were totally out gunned that day...

Just the facts, without DownField BigFetal, mediocrity fails to exisit.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-29-2008 09:42 AM

Damon Huard played a good game and stayed out of the fetal position. He would actually be a very good QB if he had consistent protection. He doesn't make too many mistakes and has a good touch on his throws.

Frazod 09-29-2008 09:43 AM

Huard did his best Trent Dilfer impersonation; mainly hand off to Larry, complete just enough passes to keep key drives alive (aided by some really spectacular catches by Bowe), and no horrible mistakes.

crazycoffey 09-29-2008 09:43 AM

difference over Thigpen, yes. I'm glad Thiggie had a couple chances to see if he'd get any better, but he proved he's got nothing.
Damon is barely servicable in my opinion. He's passes were still weak and wobbly. He had chances to get a couple more TD's if he had just a little better arm, instead we got the FGs.
Brodie still has more to prove, I know, but when he's healthy he better be the starter again, his arm is that BIG of a difference. He get's his head in better, we'll win some with him too.

My 2 Cents.....

crazycoffey 09-29-2008 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 5066013)
Damon Huard played a good game and stayed out of the fetal position. He would actually be a very good QB if he had consistent protection. He doesn't make too many mistakes and has a good touch on his throws.

You need to get your eyes checked, maybe the hog squirted you in the eyes....

Reerun_KC 09-29-2008 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 5066019)
difference over Thigpen, yes. I'm glad Thiggie had a couple chances to see if he'd get any better, but he proved he's got nothing.
Damon is barely servicable in my opinion. He's passes were still weak and wobbly. He had chances to get a couple more TD's if he had just a little better arm, instead we got the FGs.
Brodie still has more to prove, I know, but when he's healthy he better be the starter again, his arm is that BIG of a difference. He get's his head in better, we'll win some with him too.

My 2 Cents.....

CC, Thigpen and Hagans should of never seen the field during the regular season... Those two playing signafiant time should lead to immedate firing of the HC.. Preseason is the time for experiements, Not the regular season...

crazycoffey 09-29-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 5066027)
CC, Thigpen and Hagans should of never seen the field during the regular season... Those two playing signafiant time should lead to immedate firing of the HC.. Preseason is the time for experiements, Not the regular season...

Given the current situation, I don't have a major problem with it, We know what Damon gives us, and he did what he can do yesterday, awesome. BUT we DON'T know about what, if anything, Thigpen could give us. Put some fire under his ass and see what happens. let him play and see, however, he wasn't improving, so putting huard back in until Brodie heals = what had to be done.

Hagans never saw "signafiant" time. (I think I know what you meant-significant)

Mr. Arrowhead 09-29-2008 10:05 AM

Dont get me wrong Damon did a good job managing the game, but seriously almost any QB in the NFL would win if your Defense forces 4 turnovers and you rush for over 200 yards

triple 09-29-2008 10:06 AM

the Broncos' _efense and 4 turnovers was the difference