ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Michael Beasley unsure about his future (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=160856)

Sam Hall 04-05-2007 10:11 PM

Michael Beasley unsure about his future

However, his quotes make it sound like he's gone.

Quote:

Top K-State recruit unsure about future after Huggins exodus

April 5, 2007
By Gary Parrish
CBS SportsLine.com Senior Writer

MEMPHIS -- Considered by many to be the top recruit in the nation, Michael Beasley expressed doubt Thursday to CBS SportsLine.com about whether he'll fulfill his commitment to Kansas State now that Bob Huggins has left for West Virginia.

"As of now I'm still signed with Kansas State," Beasley said. "But I don't know what the future holds."

Beasley spoke to CBS SportsLine.com following a practice in advance of the 10th annual Nike Hoop Summit. He and most of the other elite prospects in the country -- among them Derrick Rose, O.J. Mayo and Kevin Love -- comprise USA Basketball's Men's Junior National Team that will play the World Select Team Saturday afternoon here at FedExForum just off historic Beale Street.

Asked if he was surprised by Huggins' move to West Virginia, Beasley didn't hesitate.

"Let me ask you a question," he said. "Are you surprised?"

No. Not really.

"Well, there you go," Beasley said. "It's his hometown and I'm pretty sure he loves the town and loves the area. It's a little bit of a shock for me. But life is a shock."

Beasley signed with Kansas State last November in a predictable move considering Huggins had just hired his former AAU coach, Delonte Hill. The 6-9 forward -- and MVP of last week's McDonald's All-American game -- could now ask for a release from his national letter of intent. But there's no guarantee Kansas State would grant it, and even if it did it's likely there would be a stipulation attached stating Beasley could not follow Huggins to West Virginia.

Asked if he wanted to follow Huggins, Beasley replied, "No comment." He added he had yet to speak with Huggins, but said "If my phone rings I'll answer it."

KevB 04-05-2007 10:12 PM

He'll go wherever Dalonte Hill goes....the same reason he went to KSU in the first place.

teedubya 04-05-2007 10:22 PM

Men's Junior National Team that will play the World Select Team Saturday afternoon here at FedExForum just off historic Beale Street.

Is this on TV?

Silock 04-05-2007 10:26 PM

We'll take him over at KU.

Sam Hall 04-05-2007 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock
We'll take him over at KU.

That's bad :) :evil:

Silock 04-05-2007 10:33 PM

Are you kidding? I'd love to have that kid.

Sam Hall 04-05-2007 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock
Are you kidding? I'd love to have that kid.

I know, but talk about adding insult to injury.

Silock 04-05-2007 10:37 PM

True :)