ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games THE SOLID SNAKE THREAD (official MetalGearSolid4 thread) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=185746)

TinyEvel 06-10-2008 10:37 AM

THE SOLID SNAKE THREAD (official MetalGearSolid4 thread)

Alright, who's getting this game midnight Wednesday?

Better yet, the Bundle (with backwards compatible 80G and Dualshock 3 and the game = $499)

THey're only making 400,000 units for the U.S. they WILL SELL OUT and FAST!

Here's an article about the Amazon demand.

http://ps3.kombo.com/article.php?artid=7079

Sure-Oz 06-10-2008 02:18 PM

I may get the actual game soon since i got a 40gig ps3...that i mainly use as a BR player

Third Eye 06-10-2008 02:40 PM

I'm not getting it, but I can't wait to find out if all the rumors about ridiculously long cut scenes and install times are true.

little jacob 06-10-2008 02:53 PM

cant wait... killer app for ps3. got it on preorder

Buck 06-11-2008 02:36 PM

I pre-ordered the MGS4 Special bundle, but I'm a pussy and I'll be picking it up on my lunch-break tomorrow instead.

Sure-Oz 06-11-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 4789558)
I pre-ordered the MGS4 Special bundle, but I'm a pussy and I'll be picking it up on my lunch-break tomorrow instead.

You got another ps3? or is there a special game bundle?

Buck 06-12-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4789738)
You got another ps3? or is there a special game bundle?

I worded that wrong.

Just the Special Edition of the game that was $89.

Not even really sure what comes with it. I was kicking myself for not getting the GTA IV special edition.

TinyEvel 06-12-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 4790937)
I worded that wrong.

Not even really sure what comes with it. I was kicking myself for not getting the GTA IV special edition.

includes the game and the following:

Collectible metal box
Bonus Blu-ray disc with two "making of" documentaries
four chapters of the graphic novel
Metal Gear import soundtrack

Sure-Oz 06-12-2008 02:16 PM

I will get mgs4 but it will be later, i still need to play gta 4 more

kepp 06-12-2008 02:37 PM

Okay...so I'm about to purchase another PS3 game (I've been playing COD4) and I'm torn between getting the Half-Life 2 "orange box edition" (which includes both version two episodes, Portal and Team Fortress 2) and MGS4. The last time I played Half-Life was the original on the PC and I had one of the MGS games on PS2 (don't remember which one). I liked them both but I liked Half-Life more. Has anyone played HL2 on the PS3? How does it compare to MSG4?

QuikSsurfer 06-12-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 4791288)
Okay...so I'm about to purchase another PS3 game (I've been playing COD4) and I'm torn between getting the Half-Life 2 "orange box edition" (which includes both version two episodes, Portal and Team Fortress 2) and MGS4. The last time I played Half-Life was the original on the PC and I had one of the MGS games on PS2 (don't remember which one). I liked them both but I liked Half-Life more. Has anyone played HL2 on the PS3? How does it compare to MSG4?

Don't get the Orange Box for PS3. A TERRIBLE port. Read up on it - the reviews will tell you. I'd recommend it on the PC but have heard awful things of the PS3 port.

TinyEvel 06-12-2008 02:59 PM

So I got it at Best Buy this morning (there were about 30 people waiting in line for their bundle).
I also got the hardcover edition game guide.

initial load time took only about 8 minutes. OF the first 20 minutes, about 15+ are cutscenes, but kind of important to get you into the story. THis game really is like a movie that you play/control. Very nice graphics, the stereo sound really is good, too.
I haven;t played much, since it's in my office and people keep coming in with work stuff and meetings, (a VERY frustrating way to try to play any game, let alone THIS game) but so far I've liked what I've seen.

Fairplay 06-12-2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 4791343)
I haven;t played much, since it's in my office and people keep coming in with work stuff and meetings, (a VERY frustrating way to try to play any game, let alone THIS game) but so far I've liked what I've seen.

How dare people bother you at work while you are playing that game! :thumb:

Keep us posted on how the game is.

007 06-12-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 4790937)
I worded that wrong.

What is so special about "special edition" games? Aren't you buying it for the game? Why spend more for the same thing when all they are giving you is filler with the game?

TinyEvel 06-12-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 4791554)
What is so special about "special edition" games? Aren't you buying it for the game? Why spend more for the same thing when all they are giving you is filler with the game?

Gamers love souvenirs. Please don't be such a hater. First you try to squelch my toe-touch at the Planet bash bonfire and now this? :shake: