ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU ***OFFICIAL KU VS. OSU GAME THREAD*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270210)

the Talking Can 02-20-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9421460)
EJ, Withey, Releford, and Young really did come to play in a big game. That's a very good sign.

They hadn't truly played a great team in a game like this since OSU in December, so this should help them going forward.

OSU is a good, tough team...i love the way smart plays and hope that Selden plays that way for us next year

the seniors really showed their experience...you could see EJ nut up in the second half...he was killing people off the dribble...Withey is just clutch as hell

Mclemore wanted no part of it, dude was shitting his drawers...but hopefully he will learn from it

great win and great experience for everyone...man tharpe drives me crazy though, but for better or worse he never doubts himself

Fansy the Famous Bard 02-20-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9421483)
Uhhh....check your sarcasm meter.

forgot my batteries...

DJay23 02-20-2013 11:12 PM

I hope we rape the ever loving shit out of TCU.

DJJasonp 02-20-2013 11:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I may be getting ahead of myself here......but just in case.....if we win the conference, I want a t-shirt with this image on it!

KC_Connection 02-20-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9421478)
I don't think the numbers say everything about Tharp's play. But I digress.

Well, they say he wasn't good. Not even close. He did make the shot that may win this team the B12 again, though, so I'll give him a pass for now.

Quote:

If EJ can continue to play like he did tonight and also Saturday against Texas then KU will be in good shape. I have been saying it all year that he needs to drive to the hoop a lot more.
I don't think we can expect this EJ from game to game. He's never shown that kind of commitment or consistency. If he only comes out for big games, we'll just have to take it.

Quote:

And WTF happened to Bmac tonight? I never thought I'd see him lack confidence like that. We really could have used his scoring. Glad we found a way to win despite that.
I don't know. I've also considered him to be pretty unflappable. He certainly was in our past road games. It's probably just an aberration, but not a good sign.

This goes back to what I said earlier today, though, about Withey being our team's MVP. Even with McLemore doing hardly anything, we still were able to win through our defense (and our defense works largely because of Withey's presence in the lane).

Prison Bitch 02-20-2013 11:14 PM

Time to dance!

http://cdn2.mocksession.com/wp-conte...HAMMERTIME.gif

Lzen 02-20-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9421497)
Well, they say he wasn't good. Not even close. He did make the shot that may win this team the B12 again, though, so I'll give him a pass for now.

I don't think we can expect this EJ from game to game. He's never shown that kind of commitment or consistency. If he only comes out for big games, we'll just have to take it.

I don't know. I've also considered him to be pretty unflappable. He certainly was in our past road games. It's probably just an aberration, but not a good sign.

This goes back to what I said earlier today, though, about Withey being our team's MVP. Even with McLemore doing hardly anything, we still were able to win through our defense (and our defense works largely because of Withey's presence in the lane).

Agreed about Withey. And his getting position and getting foul calls on the offensive end. Not to mention making FTs down the stretch. Withey is the man!

Lzen 02-20-2013 11:16 PM

Another thing about Withey that is impressive is that he didn't foul out. Remember that he got his 3rd foul early in the 2nd half.

Imon Yourside 02-20-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9421507)
Another thing about Withey that is impressive is that he didn't foul out. Remember that he got his 3rd foul early in the 2nd half.

Withey is clearly the go to guy we need, if he could only dribble the ball.

KC_Connection 02-20-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9421507)

On the road, too. Very disciplined. His 4th foul wasn't even a foul either.

DJay23 02-20-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9421498)

Goodness that is badass!

teedubya 02-20-2013 11:21 PM

I'm fighting the flu, and when we won I felt great for 20 seconds. Double OT win in Stillwater. We will take it.

Prison Bitch 02-20-2013 11:23 PM

I need that as my new avatar!

KC_Connection 02-20-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9421489)
OSU is a good, tough team...i love the way smart plays and hope that Selden plays that way for us next year

the seniors really showed their experience...you could see EJ nut up in the second half...he was killing people off the dribble...Withey is just clutch as hell

Mclemore wanted no part of it, dude was shitting his drawers...but hopefully he will learn from it

great win and great experience for everyone...man tharpe drives me crazy though, but for better or worse he never doubts himself

Tharpe certainly has an unfailing confidence in himself. In most cases, that's a great thing for an athlete (and it leads to made shots like the one tonight). But it can often hurt teams if the player isn't quite up to the task (and it certainly has for most of this season).

Hope he can keep improving next year and put that self-belief to better use.

Silock 02-20-2013 11:27 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ao0ZY-oFJIE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>