ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Revolution - NBC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259495)

demonhero 10-17-2012 09:45 PM

IMO.. each episode is becoming worse then the one previous. Episode 4 is the worst with hardly any fighting but rather flashback scenes. What the show has going for them right now is just the Miles character.

NJChiefsFan 10-17-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonhero (Post 9026746)
IMO.. each episode is becoming worse then the one previous. Episode 4 is the worst with hardly any fighting but rather flashback scenes. What the show has going for them right now is just the Miles character.

I'm not hating on the flashbacks, even if it is a complete steal from his old show. It helps develop the characters if done right. Problem is they are more for information than twists. Last episode I thought they did well the flashbacks building an impact with the woman dying and showing that the kid they caught is the son of the black militia man. Sorry I can't remember their names right now.

To me, the key is how deep they make the necklace "mythology" and how many twists they can add to it. With the acting they have, the story needs to get deeper. The story really protected the poor acting with some of the characters on Lost, ie Jack and Kate.

kaplin42 10-17-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonhero (Post 9026746)

This!!

Took the show off of DVR list. It's just terrible.

Lzen 10-19-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9027051)
This!!

Took the show off of DVR list. It's just terrible.

I just keep waiting for someone to stab that militia captain (or whatever rank) in the face. His character is easily someone to hate. But yeah, the show is slow moving and I'm getting bored. Heroes got like that but at least the first season was really good.

007 10-20-2012 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9030180)
I just keep waiting for someone to stab that militia captain (or whatever rank) in the face. His character is easily someone to hate. But yeah, the show is slow moving and I'm getting bored. Heroes got like that but at least the first season was really good.

At least until the last episode when they completely made the entire season a waste.

BigMeatballDave 10-20-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9030180)

I'm still ****ing pissed about Heroes.

That 1st season was awesome!

Then the writers all started smoking crack.

****heads.

keg in kc 07-21-2013 08:42 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ODkzYF6SnUA?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

007 07-21-2013 02:14 PM

amazed that NBC didn't cancel this.

BigRedChief 07-21-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9032230)
I'm still ****ing pissed about Heroes.

That 1st season was awesome!

Then the writers all started smoking crack.

****heads.

Sitting around smoking crack, baked , whatever........

Hey mon, lets make all the good guys bad guys and all the bad guys good guys in our 2nd season..........that would be so cool.... :bong:

What a waste.:shake:

keg in kc 07-21-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9825550)
amazed that NBC didn't cancel this.

As I recall they renewed it before the big mid-season break. Then the ratings tanked for the second half of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if it was on a short leash this fall.

kcxiv 07-21-2013 03:37 PM

Didnt even know it came back on. I thought it was just the first 12. or whatever then it would be on in the fall. lol ooops.

mikey23545 07-21-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8616152)
I'm already upset that they show passenger jets FALLING from the sky. There is absolutely ZERO reason that would happen. Does fuel combustion no longer work ? (last I checked, turbofan jet engines combustion chambers don't require a continuous spark) So a 737 might lose hydraulics but would still be flyable and even land-able (they have mechanical backup controls)

It's stupid shit like this (that could easily be fixed) that bothers me.

Your post is stupid shit, and it bothers me.

'Modern' fly-by-wire aircraft (787, 777, A320, A330, A340, A380) which do not have any mechanical backups (except IIRC for the rudder and some trim on the Airbus and 777 planes) would literally fall out of the sky. These aircraft typically have triple redundant electrical and hydraulic systems...but in situation where all electronics are toast, bad things would definitely happen.

A lot of aircraft do have some kind of mechanical backup, but certainly not all. In many, things like air-fuel mixture and other things are completely computer controlled as well.

ShowtimeSBMVP 05-09-2014 12:18 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NBC has canceled Revolution.</p>&mdash; Jace Lacob (@televisionary) <a href="https://twitter.com/televisionary/statuses/464826634282205184">May 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sd4chiefs 05-09-2014 01:59 PM

I try to watch this stupid show sometimes with my Wife. It always the same.

Kill some bad guys.

Get captured by some bad guys.

Escape from the bad guys.

Kill some more bad guys.

Repeat.

sd4chiefs 05-09-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10615177)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NBC has canceled Revolution.</p>&mdash; Jace Lacob (@televisionary) <a href="https://twitter.com/televisionary/statuses/464826634282205184">May 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

YES! :clap: :PBJ