ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Scott ***** hired by NFL Network (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270164)

htismaqe 02-21-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9424379)
@evansilva: #Chiefs coach Andy Reid referred to free agent LT Branden Albert's 2012 back issues as "a fairly significant injury": http://t.co/8RVTkwTn5P

Injury does not equal "issues".

Acute does not equal chronic.

JC had a fairly significant knee injury. He doesn't have knee "issues".

Hammock Parties 02-21-2013 09:59 PM

I still think Albert wasn't all that hurt. I think he decided to sit out a few games so the team could see how shitty they were without him. And they were shitty.

O.city 02-21-2013 10:02 PM

Dunno about that, but IIRC he was active a few games and dressed but didn't play. Wouldn't think he was hurt that bad if they did that.

mcaj22 02-21-2013 10:04 PM

took DJax 2 seasons to get paid by cheapskate Reid and Dorsey is from the Packers who are notoriously cheap for everyone but QB.

they play hardball like to have young guys on rookie contracts, push and pull when you have to pay guys that are 27,28 on their big money 2nd prime years contract

Chiefs Pantalones 02-21-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424395)
Injury does not equal "issues".

Acute does not equal chronic.

JC had a fairly significant knee injury. He doesn't have knee "issues".

He's probably just attempting to lower his price.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-21-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9424409)
took DJax 2 seasons to get paid by cheapskate Reid and Dorsey is from the Packers who are notoriously cheap for everyone but QB.

they play hardball like to have young guys on rookie contracts, push and pull when you have to pay guys that are 27,28 on their big money 2nd prime years contract

Then explain the Jason Peters contract

noa 02-21-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9424398)
I still think Albert wasn't all that hurt. I think he decided to sit out a few games so the team could see how shitty they were without him. And they were shitty.

I think that's awfully far-fetched. As egomaniacal and self-concerned some NFL players can be, I think the vast majority genuinely want to play in every game and perform at their best. Shit, people do all sorts of crazy and harmful stuff to their bodies just to stay on the field. I just can't see Albert sitting out to prove a point. And if he did that, then **** him, we should let him walk. You're a paid professional, and that means you show up and bust your ass regardless. You don't decide not to play a couple games to teach someone a lesson. That would be bushleague.

Hammock Parties 02-21-2013 10:20 PM

I think it was one of those "could have played if it was a playoff game" deals.

noa 02-21-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9424443)
I think it was one of those "could have played if it was a playoff game" deals.

That makes a little more sense. No sense risking serious injury over a meaningless victory.

RyFo18 02-21-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9424409)

And that's smart.

mcaj22 02-21-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9424415)
Then explain the Jason Peters contract

whats wrong with 6 years 60 million for a top 3 LT? They got a steal for him.

they arent getting a steal for Albert

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-21-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9424510)
whats wrong with 6 years 60 million for a top 3 LT? They got a steal for him.

they arent getting a steal for Albert

They gave up a 1st, 4th, and 6th for Peters then gave him a $10MM/year contract when they had two years of control on him.

It's pretty damned obvious given Peters, Tra Thomas, and Jon Runyan that they don't just toss out tackles after their first contracts, nor do they really play hardball at all.

What would make you think they would cut bait with Albert? It doesn't square with any of their past moves.

mcaj22 02-21-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9424555)
They gave up a 1st, 4th, and 6th for Peters then gave him a $10MM/year contract when they had two years of control on him.

It's pretty damned obvious given Peters, Tra Thomas, and Jon Runyan that they don't just toss out tackles after their first contracts, nor do they really play hardball at all.

What would make you think they would cut bait with Albert? It doesn't square with any of their past moves.

that first round pick was the 28th overall pick and Jason Peters was clearly better than anything they could have got in that slot.

there is a big difference between having the first pick and having the 28th pick with a need for paying a LT.

KChiefs1 02-22-2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9423912)
***** is now gushing about how fantastic Russel Wilson's interview was, despite the fact that he failed to pick him when he had the chance in the third round. Lame.

Someone should have called on that one...Hey Scott, why didn't you draft him?

Al Bundy 02-22-2013 08:07 AM

Fat Scott is also on Sirius NFL Radio.. ****.