ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Herm Fired (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200934)

Coach 01-23-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5419675)
If Shanahan is here, I don't want Gailey retained.

It's a damn shame that Jeremy Bates took the job with USC.

May I ask why your reasoning for this?

Delano 01-23-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5419688)
Yeah, I just heard. But it IS STILL JUST SPECULATION.

Good God; we're ****ed. What's that thing about buying a new car or truck, and you want to get the first scratch( or in this case epic fail )out of the way so you can move on?

Scott just scratched the car. We as fans are going to regret this move for years to come. Bank it, this coach WILL NOT take the Chiefs to a Super Bowl, and he will NOT have my support. Ever.

I gotta' go grocery shopping now, and possibly beat the shit out of the first person to grind on my last nerve.

Pioli, you may be great, but you sure as hell aren't infallible.

The fact that you hate it makes me love it that much more.

kysirsoze 01-23-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5419675)
If Shanahan is here, I don't want Gailey retained.

It's a damn shame that Jeremy Bates took the job with USC.

Why?

luv 01-23-2009 04:45 PM

Okay. Where's Reerun?

Extra Point 01-23-2009 04:47 PM

Coaches retained until HC tells them to stay or GTFO. It's his privilege.

Dick Curl, GTFO!!!!

Hammock Parties 01-23-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5419688)
Yeah, I just heard. But it IS STILL JUST SPECULATION.

Good God; we're ****ed. What's that thing about buying a new car or truck, and you want to get the first scratch( or in this case epic fail )out of the way so you can move on?

Scott just scratched the car. We as fans are going to regret this move for years to come. Bank it, this coach WILL NOT take the Chiefs to a Super Bowl, and he will NOT have my support. Ever.

I gotta' go grocery shopping now, and possibly beat the shit out of the first person to grind on my last nerve.

Pioli, you may be great, but you sure as hell aren't infallible.

You owe me an apology.

Tribal Warfare 01-23-2009 04:49 PM

Herm Edwards Relieved of Duties as Chiefs Head Coach

Jan 23, 2009, 4:22:57 PM

The Kansas City Chiefs today announced that head coach Herm Edwards has been relieved of his duties effective immediately.

“On behalf of my family, I want to thank Herm for his service to the Chiefs,” Chiefs Chairman Clark Hunt said. “After careful deliberation over the last week, Scott and I decided that it was in the best interests of the Chiefs to move forward in a different direction.

“This was not an easy decision. Herm is an outstanding football coach and a man of integrity. We appreciate his leadership over the past three seasons, and we wish him all the best in the future.”

General Manager Scott Pioli reiterated Hunt’s sentiments.

“Since my arrival last week, Herm and I have had several conversations as part of my overall evaluation of the football operation. After careful consideration, Clark and I felt that it was best to make a change. What I conveyed last week in the press conference I still believe to be true – Herm is a great man and a tremendous football coach. He respects the game and the league, and he is passionate about his players and his craft.

“Over the course of this last week, I have also spent time meeting and visiting with most of the assistant coaches, and I will continue to do so over the next several days. All of the coaches from last year’s staff, with the exception of one, are under contract through the 2009 season.”

Hunt said the search for the 11th head coach in Chiefs history is underway.

“I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the Hunt Family for the opportunity to spend nine seasons with the Kansas City Chiefs,” Edwards stated. “There is not a more gracious family in all of professional sports than the Hunts. To the players and coaches who worked so hard for our team, I appreciate their efforts. This is going to be a very good football team. I respect the tough decision that was made to move in a new direction. I wish the players and the organization the very best as they move forward.”

Edwards was named the 10th head coach in Chiefs history on January 9, 2006. He finished his tenure in Kansas City with a 15-32 regular season record and was 0-1 in the postseason. Edwards guided Kansas City to a 9-7 record to qualify for the playoffs in his first season with the club in 2006.

Edwards arrived in Kansas City after a five-year stint as the head coach of the N.Y. Jets (2001-05). He compiled a 39-41 regular season record in five seasons as the head coach of the Jets and was 2-3 in the playoffs. Including a 2-4 postseason mark, he owns an overall 56-77 (.421) record as an NFL head coach.

Prior to joining the Jets, Edwards spent five seasons serving as assistant head coach/defensive backs coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, working under head coach Tony Dungy. Edwards served as a scout for Kansas City from ‘90-91 before joining Marty Schottenheimer’s staff as defensive backs coach (’92-94), filling the vacancy left by Dungy, who departed to become defensive coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings. He later served as a pro personnel scout with the Chiefs in ‘95 before joining Dungy’s staff in Tampa Bay in ‘96.

Edwards’ original experience with the franchise came at training camp in ‘89 as the recipient of the club’s Minority Coaching Fellowship. Since the inception of the NFL Minority Coaching Fellowship program in ‘87, over 1,100 coaches have participated.

Raised in Seaside, California, Edwards enjoyed a 10-year career as a cornerback in the NFL from ‘77-86 after being signed as a rookie free agent with the Philadelphia Eagles in ‘77. He started 135 consecutive regular season games for Philadelphia from ‘77-85. No Philadelphia player owns more than Edwards’ 38 combined interceptions in regular and postseason action. Edwards earned second-team All-NFC honors in ‘80 and was a pivotal part of the ‘80 Eagles squad that advanced to Super Bowl XV.

rockymtnchief 01-23-2009 04:50 PM

Somehow my day just got a little brighter!

Pasta Little Brioni 01-23-2009 04:59 PM

Outstanding.

journeyscarab 01-23-2009 05:10 PM

Cool! NEXT!!!

Dylan 01-23-2009 05:12 PM

CHEERS!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nnHksDFHTQI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nnHksDFHTQI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> And Good Ridiance!

Skip Towne 01-23-2009 05:14 PM

HERMLESS AT LAST!!!

Mr Luzcious 01-23-2009 05:14 PM

Well, thats a relief!!!

FAX 01-23-2009 05:29 PM

Dear Mr. Pioli:

We who are about to jizz salute you.

FAX

bowener 01-23-2009 05:32 PM

PBJ PBJ PBJ