ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Tony Dungee would draft Aaron Murray (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267072)

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-26-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9153648)
I could learn to like the guy if I knew more about him. It doesn't exactly sell me that his team has been doing well with the most lethal running game in college football and a top 5 defense.

I know he has a good history and can make most throws. I'm not saying he's Greg McElroy. I would have liked to see him flash more this season, that's all.

And Geno has? LOL

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-26-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9153697)
Look at Georgia's schedule. They've had it very easy for being in the SEC East. No Alabama, no LSU, no A&M.

Here's what Murray did against the two ranked teams they've played:

@ South Carolina
11-31 (35.5%) 109yds 0 TD 1 INT 58.6 Rating
vs. Florida
12-24 (50%) 150yds 1 TD 3 INT 91.3 Rating

In all other games combined:

190-265 (71.7%) 29 TD 3 INT 202.1 Rating

Geno had 1 good game vs a top 25 team.

Mr. Laz 11-26-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9153677)
I've watched a lot of Murray last year, not so much this year.

Probably not worthy of the #1 pick but I would have him right behind Wilson.
1. Geno
2. Wilson
3. Murray
4. Nassib
5. Bray/ Barkley

that's my 1 and 2 as well

Bray is a project imo

Barkley reminds me too much of Cassel. Maybe it's just the USC stuff that freaks me out. Dunno.

don't know enough about Murray,Nassib or Glennon tbh

DaKCMan AP 11-26-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9153710)
Geno had 1 good game vs a top 25 team.

So 1 more than Aaron Murray.

DeezNutz 11-26-2012 01:11 PM

I like Murray a lot and have talked about him this year from time to time. His upside isn't like Geno's, but his floor is higher.

He'd be a fantastic get in the second round, but this likely does very little good for the Chiefs.

Sorter 11-26-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9153752)

Bray is a project imo

Barkley reminds me too much of Cassel. Maybe it's just the USC stuff that freaks me out. Dunno.

Bray is definitely a project. Great arm, ok decision making (not elite but typically not horrible).

Murray/Nassib intrigue me due to their pocket presence. I really like Nassib's release, movement within the pocket, and ability to look downfield. He struggles with touch and sometimes gets happy feet, but usually looks good for the most part.

I haven't watched Glennon at all, so I can't speak to that guy other than BlackBob champions him.

Saccopoo 11-26-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9153752)

Bray is a project imo

Nassib is a good looking QB. He was the best QB on the field during the Syracuse/USC game earlier this year. Easily.

Already owns most Syracuse passing records, eclipsing Donovan McNabb in most of them.

I would have like to have seen him in the top of the third for the Chiefs, but I'm thinking that he'll end up moving up into the mid-second round at this point.

Murray you want to like, but he just goes to complete shit under pressure. Chokes shit off like Rocco Siffredi. And he's short. Probably will measure under 6'0" officially.

If the Chiefs get Geno in the first (pretty please!!!!), I'd really like to see them grab either Nassib or Lance Jones in the third/fourth. Jones, while he gets a lot of shit around here, has all the tools and is playing a lot better to end this season.

Glennon forces his throws way too much. Big arm with decent mobility for a guy his size, but he's way too inaccurate when he has to make a throw downfield and there's any defender within five yards.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-26-2012 01:21 PM

Not a **** is given about Dungy's takes on offense.

Sorter 11-26-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9153795)
Nassib is a good looking QB. He was the best QB on the field during the Syracuse/USC game earlier this year. Easily.

Already owns most Syracuse passing records, eclipsing Donovan McNabb in most of them.

:)

MahiMike 11-26-2012 01:26 PM

Dungy said Murray's work ethic is like Peyton's. His HS coach said he has great feet and escapability. Had 60 TDs in 1st year as HS QB.

I'll bet right now his wunderlic score and dedication triples Geno's.

KurtCobain 11-26-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9153798)
Not a **** is given about Dungy's takes on offense.

You think the guy has never seen an elite qb up close?

DaKCMan AP 11-26-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9153814)
Dungy said Murray's work ethic is like Peyton's. His HS coach said he has great feet and escapability. Had 60 TDs in 1st year as HS QB.

If you go by HS performance Chris Leak would have been a 1st round draft pick.

Saccopoo 11-26-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

I'm all in on this bet twice.

What you got?

RealSNR 11-26-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Not sure about Geno's, but I'll bet it triples yours.

the Talking Can 11-26-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

of course, he's white....amirite

Murray can't hold a candle to smith on the field or in the classroom.