ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Battlefield 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241301)

kepp 03-24-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7513560)
Don't expect it to be anything like COD, it's completely different. The shooting and killing part is a lot more clumsy, and you WILL need people you know to play it with. It's not very fun to play by yourself. It's a great game, though. The BF series is right up there with the best of all time, a real pillar in the history of games.

How is the shooting/killing clumsy?

Kraus 03-24-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 7513700)

It just doesn't feel as smooth as CoD. The mechanics are slower and not as polished, but don't let that take anything away from the game. It is great.

Pants 03-24-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

I don't know if it's clumsy, it's just not as smooth and crisp like a COD or a Halo. Can't really describe it, but it just feels like you're a lot bulkier and the character animations aren't 100%. It's still a sweet ****ing game, I mean you're talking to the guy who has gold stars for all guns and multiple platinums (1000 kills with the gun gets you a platinum star).

Buck 03-24-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7513733)
I don't know if it's clumsy, it's just not as smooth and crisp like a COD or a Halo. Can't really describe it, but it just feels like you're a lot bulkier and the character animations aren't 100%. It's still a sweet ****ing game, I mean you're talking to the guy who has gold stars for all guns and multiple platinums (1000 kills with the gun gets you a platinum star).

The best thing about you Pants is that you are so humble.

Pants 03-24-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5"chub (Post 7513755)
The best thing about you Pants is that you are so humble.

Hey man, I was just letting the man know I spent a shit ton of time playing the game. I wasn't bragging, dummy. It'd be akin to bragging about being 15th Prestige in COD, all it means is that you have no life.

Buck 03-24-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7513759)
Hey man, I was just letting the man know I spent a shit ton of time playing the game. I wasn't bragging, dummy. It'd be akin to bragging about being 15th Prestige in COD, all it means is that you have no life.

I can't remember who, but I think it was you who had like 11 days of playing time on MW2. LOL.

Pants 03-24-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5"chub (Post 7513773)
I can't remember who, but I think it was you who had like 11 days of playing time on MW2. LOL.

Yeah, I hit that shit hard in the first couple of months, went back to normalcy after that and stopped playing it at 12 days, IIRC. There are dudes with 24+ days that have played Black Ops and it's been out for what? 3 months?

Buck 03-24-2011 11:56 AM

Hey Pants or Kraus or anyone else on my friends list, have you seen me on Xbox Live recently playing Black Ops?

Pants 03-24-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5"chub (Post 7513792)
Hey Pants or Kraus or anyone else on my friends list, have you seen me on Xbox Live recently playing Black Ops?

I've seen you on a couple of times, but I didn't check to see what you were playing. I'm not on very much right now.

Buck 03-24-2011 11:59 AM

I let a friend borrow the 360, I just wanted to make sure they were actually using it and not letting it collect dust.

bowener 03-24-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

I just got it so I may be wrong, but it feels "clumsy" in that you can tell you are moving a person around with your controls. Your guy moves like he has weight to him, not like a 2D cartoon in the MW/COD series. I imagine it would be clumsy to run around in jack boots and full fatigues carrying your pack.

First thing you should probably do is crank up the look sensitivity. Mine is far higher than where the default is and I am still not sure it is high enough.

AndChiefs 03-24-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 7513805)
I just got it so I may be wrong, but it feels "clumsy" in that you can tell you are moving a person around with your controls. Your guy moves like he has weight to him, not like a 2D cartoon in the MW/COD series. I imagine it would be clumsy to run around in jack boots and full fatigues carrying your pack.

First thing you should probably do is crank up the look sensitivity. Mine is far higher than where the default is and I am still not sure it is high enough.

You have to do that with every game. It's ridiculous how slow they expect you to want to turn.

Bambi 03-24-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 7513597)
thanks; good info; didn't realize you needed folks to play with etc.

I play solo every night.

Most everyone who plays understands the concept of the squad.

Bambi 03-24-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 7513805)

Exactly.

COD is more "arcade-y" or cartoonish. The men move unrealistically. BFBC2 men move much more realistically.

Both are good in their own way, just different.

kepp 03-24-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7514268)
Exactly.

COD is more "arcade-y" or cartoonish. The men move unrealistically. BFBC2 men move much more realistically.

Both are good in their own way, just different.

Okay, this may be the deciding factor for me: can someone kill you with their knife by magically lunging at you from 20 feet away?