ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Qb Drafting Guessing game. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267412)

The Franchise 12-05-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9184306)
ANALYSIS
Positives... Versatile scrambler who is very tough to defend...Shows quick feet and excellent balance, smoothly dropping back from center in his set-up...Has a snappy overhead delivery and a good feel for reading defenses...Knows how to lay the ball away from defenders on his deep tosses and shows good touch on his post patterns... Confident on the field, proving that improvising is one of his stronger suits...Well-respected by his teammates as he rarely loses his cool...Puts impressive zip behind his short tosses, threading the needle on his slants...Leads his receivers well into the pass on his long outs...Eludes the rush with fluid agility and steps up in the pocket to absorb punishment rather than making a costly throw into coverage...Excels at getting outside the pocket and throwing on the run...His ability to run with the ball causes opponents to defend the entire field...Anticipates coverages, throwing to receivers away from defenders.

Negatives... Tries to carry the "weight of the world" on his shoulders too much...Seems very uncomfortable being in the limelight...Still needs to mature as a player...Sometimes gets too confident in his running skills, forgetting to eye his secondary receivers in order to run with the ball when his primary target is not available...Tends to get into a three-quarter throwing motion as the game wears on, taking a little zip off his tosses... Has a little bit of a wind-up in his release when throwing long, which makes his receivers work a little harder in order to get to the ball...Has good arm strength, but needs to refine his throwing mechanicsq, as he is not that quick to load and reload in his delivery.

Newton?

O.city 12-05-2012 11:38 PM

My last one was Vick.

O.city 12-05-2012 11:39 PM

I think this just goes to show that people are jaded or "Luck goggled" when they look at this years QB class.

Three7s 12-05-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9184325)
My last one was Vick.

I win!

O.city 12-05-2012 11:41 PM

Look at the one in the OP about Rodgers.

Do you think the Pack don't throw it down the field?

Hammock Parties 12-05-2012 11:41 PM

I bet no one gets this one

Quote:

Positives: Has a tall, big frame with broad shoulders, good overall muscle development, smooth tone and room to add more bulk … Has good overall body flexibility, evident in his stride running with the ball, showing the mobility and functional playing speed to gain valid yardage with his feet … Demonstrates a strong arm that allows him to deliver the long ball with touch and accuracy …

Quick in his pass set up and is generally in position to make all of his throws … Has very good command in the huddle and makes good decisions with the ball, rarely forcing the action in attempts to create something out of nothing … Has the ability to put the ball where the receiver can catch it and shows good balance throwing on the move …

Negatives: Shows some elusiveness on the run, but won't frighten any defense when having to carry the ball (out in the open, he simply lacks the elusiveness to gain positive yardage) … Not the type who can consistently make plays with his feet … Used to drop the ball and pat it a bit, but with his improved over-the-top release point, he was able to generate better quickness with his tosses …

Used to drop the ball and pat it a bit, but with his improved over-the-top release point, he was able to generate better quickness with his tosses … When he throws with a long arc, he doesn't always follow through (mostly on deep outs) … Will still sometimes force the receiver to adjust a bit on crossing patterns and needs to take something off his passes when dumping off, but can drop the ball over the top …

Sorter 12-05-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9184334)

90s or current?

GoChargers 12-05-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9184161)
Rivers?

"Patient, in total control of the offense and makes smart decisions."

Sounds like the exact opposite of Rivers. :Pimp:

Hammock Parties 12-05-2012 11:44 PM

Current.

Sorter 12-05-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Alex Smith?

Wumbology 12-05-2012 11:46 PM

Clam Newton

The Franchise 12-05-2012 11:46 PM

Peyton?

Hammock Parties 12-05-2012 11:48 PM

nooooope

Rasputin 12-05-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Rothlesburger. ?

The Franchise 12-05-2012 11:50 PM

Romo?

Sorter 12-05-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9184354)
nooooope

I looked it up. Funny

Hammock Parties 12-05-2012 11:53 PM

Keep guessing.

T-Town 12-05-2012 11:54 PM

Brady Quinn?

Hammock Parties 12-05-2012 11:57 PM

T-Town googled.

Wumbology 12-05-2012 11:58 PM

Definitely googled.

T-Town 12-06-2012 12:00 AM

Ha I swear I didn't. You and Sorter's comments sent me in the polar opposite of what it said and since Cassel probably wasn't scouted that rules him out.

Hammock Parties 12-06-2012 12:03 AM

Positives:

Has a well-built, strong and athletic frame with good overall muscle definition, long arms, large hands, high-cut with wide shoulders and thick thighs … Has outstanding arm strength and size for his position … Shows good overall foot quickness and agility to step out of the pocket and buy time for his receivers … Has the lower body power to break tackles … Demonstrates above average body control and balance driving back from center and shows good accuracy firing the ball up the seams … Has a fluid throwing motion, much like the Colts' Peyton Manning …

Made good strides in recognizing protections and is capable of calling audibles … Not the type who needs the glory and attention most quarterbacks relish … Determined field leader with ice water running through his veins … Will play through pain and does a great job of standing tall in the pocket … Has good balance in his drop-back and generally moves in control, showing a nice rhythm while planting his feet through his delivery … When he sits back and scans the field, he can pick apart the zones …

Negatives:

Lacks the change of direction agility to make the initial tackler miss … Has a good grasp of the passing game, but sometimes gets too confident in his arm strength and will try to force the ball into tight spots … Quiet sort who seems to shy away from the media attention …

Shows good fluidity and quickness in his drive back from center, but is not a threat to run with the ball. ..Can buy time for his receivers when rolling out, but appears a little stiff in his hips when having to escape pocket pressure for too long … Tends to get a bit impatient in the pocket and showed too much confidence in his arm strength, firing the ball right into coverage … Will hold the ball too long waiting for his targets to get open, resulting in a sack or costly fumble … Can make all the throws, but needs to take a little of his zip off his shorter area tosses … Cool under pressure, but will get impatient at times and force the ball in tight areas … Not the type who can get into the second level with his feet, as he is a little stiff in his hips changing direction.

BJ2K 12-06-2012 12:04 AM

Russel Wilson?

Hammock Parties 12-06-2012 12:07 AM

Yeah Russell Wilson isn't a threat to run with the ball.

Try reading the whole thing.

T-Town 12-06-2012 12:07 AM

Nevermind Im stupid

Nightfyre 12-06-2012 12:07 AM

Im going cutler

Wumbology 12-06-2012 12:08 AM

Trying to think of the QB with the thickest thighs in the NFL right now.

Sorter 12-06-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9184375)
Positives:

Has a well-built, strong and athletic frame with good overall muscle definition, long arms, large hands, high-cut with wide shoulders and thick thighs … Has outstanding arm strength and size for his position … Shows good overall foot quickness and agility to step out of the pocket and buy time for his receivers … Has the lower body power to break tackles … Demonstrates above average body control and balance driving back from center and shows good accuracy firing the ball up the seams … Has a fluid throwing motion, much like the Colts' Peyton Manning …

Made good strides in recognizing protections and is capable of calling audibles … Not the type who needs the glory and attention most quarterbacks relish … Determined field leader with ice water running through his veins … Will play through pain and does a great job of standing tall in the pocket … Has good balance in his drop-back and generally moves in control, showing a nice rhythm while planting his feet through his delivery … When he sits back and scans the field, he can pick apart the zones …

Negatives:

Lacks the change of direction agility to make the initial tackler miss … Has a good grasp of the passing game, but sometimes gets too confident in his arm strength and will try to force the ball into tight spots … Quiet sort who seems to shy away from the media attention …

Shows good fluidity and quickness in his drive back from center, but is not a threat to run with the ball. ..Can buy time for his receivers when rolling out, but appears a little stiff in his hips when having to escape pocket pressure for too long … Tends to get a bit impatient in the pocket and showed too much confidence in his arm strength, firing the ball right into coverage … Will hold the ball too long waiting for his targets to get open, resulting in a sack or costly fumble … Can make all the throws, but needs to take a little of his zip off his shorter area tosses … Cool under pressure, but will get impatient at times and force the ball in tight areas … Not the type who can get into the second level with his feet, as he is a little stiff in his hips changing direction.

Flacco

Hammock Parties 12-06-2012 12:09 AM

Hint: he is not in the NFL now.

Sorter 12-06-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9184375)
Positives:

Made good strides in recognizing protections and is capable of calling audibles … Not the type who needs the glory and attention most quarterbacks relish … Determined field leader with ice water running through his veins Will play through pain and does a great job of standing tall in the pocket … Has good balance in his drop-back and generally moves in control, showing a nice rhythm while planting his feet through his delivery … When he sits back and scans the field, he can pick apart the zones …

Negatives:

Totally makes me think Flacco

BJ2K 12-06-2012 12:10 AM

Tiger Woods.

Wumbology 12-06-2012 12:10 AM

Now trying to think of the thickest thighs formerly in the NFL.

Sorter 12-06-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9184388)
Hint: he is not in the NFL now.

Well, that would have been nice to know.

Nightfyre 12-06-2012 12:10 AM

Could be Boller? I'm just guessing at this point.

Sorter 12-06-2012 12:11 AM

...is it...

could it be....

Clay, is there some cough syrup involved with this eval?

Hammock Parties 12-06-2012 12:13 AM

Sorter gets it.

I deleted a reference to "if he goes over 260 pounds" because THAT would have been obvious.

Sorter 12-06-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9184400)
Sorter gets it.

I deleted a reference to "if he goes over 260 pounds" because THAT would have been obvious.

ROFL

Sorter 12-06-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9184400)
Sorter gets it.

The not in the NFL and thick thighs gave it away, along with the Peyton Manning comparison. LMAO

crazycoffey 12-06-2012 04:22 PM

more?

Titty Meat 12-06-2012 04:47 PM

Tyrod Taylor

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-06-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9184192)
Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://results.interesting.cc/click/...3bdbc2b0c1&n=0. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.

That seems fairly accurate to me.

ROFL