ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Denver vs. KC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271101)

doomy3 03-13-2013 03:08 PM

Denver vs. KC

Denver's move to get Welker paints an even bigger picture of why the Chiefs' trade for Alex Smith was so terrible. There is absolutely no chance we can come close to competing with them in the next year or two. We traded for a guy to "win now" and are bringing a knife to a gunfight when it comes to beating Denver. If they're going to own the division anyway, our only play should have been to draft and develop a QB and to not trade away our draft picks.

I just don't understand the logic behind what the Chiefs are doing.

nychief 03-13-2013 03:10 PM

"There is absolutely no chance we can come close to competing with them in the next year or two."

Give me a ****ing break. Hyperbole much?

Strongside 03-13-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 9494043)
Denver's move to get Welker paints an even bigger picture of why the Chiefs' trade for Alex Smith was so terrible. There is absolutely no chance we can come close to competing with them in the next year or two. We traded for a guy to "win now" and are bringing a knife to a gunfight when it comes to beating Denver. If they're going to own the division anyway, our only play should have been to draft and develop a QB and to not trade away our draft picks.

I just don't understand the logic behind what the Chiefs are doing.

Who do you suggest we should have gotten to beat Denver THIS YEAR then? He was the best option available. Look, I want Geno on this team...but even he's not going to put us over the top this season. I wish everyone would stop whining and see how this thing plays out.

nychief 03-13-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9494054)
Who do you suggest we should have gotten to beat Denver THIS YEAR then? He was the best option available. Look, I want Geno on this team...but even he's not going to put us over the top this season. I wish everyone would stop whining and see how this thing plays out.

what are you talking about Geno Couch would have crushed Peyton, Welkah and the rest of the 2009 pro bowl team!

doomy3 03-13-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9494054)

No one. That's why we shouldn't be playing for this year. That's why we should draft and develop a guy for when we actually can compete with them. Instead we made a ridiculous trade to win now.

bevischief 03-13-2013 03:29 PM

And this needed it's own thread?

B_Ambuehl 03-13-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Who do you suggest we should have gotten to beat Denver THIS YEAR then? He was the best option available.
In the short term a more mobile running type QB would give them something they aren't used to seeing, make the rushing attack better (force teams to honor the QB run), and cut down on sack numbers (a. smith will take a ton of sacks behind any line).

Teams in the AFC West will defend Alex Smith the same way they defended Casshole. Pressure him and force him to shit his pants, and he will.

Andy Reid is a QB killer and given Smiths injury history Chase McDaniels will probably get a shot at some point and he'll likely play well, as do all Andy Reid backups. I'm not looking forward to anything else but i am looking forward to the drama that unfolds around here when McDaniels comes in and starts putting up franchise QB type numbers.