ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Amber Alert in Springfield (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281569)

Lzen 02-19-2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10441529)
A background check doesn't predict the future. If the guy had nothing in his past to indicate he would do this then a background check would do nothing.

Did you even read the post I quoted? I was simply saying that the school should be able to afford something as simple (and important) as a background check.

And in relation to this, I might as well post what I just read on this guy:

Quote:

Wood, whom Williams described as uncooperative, has a criminal record of drug charges. Williams noted that Wood has no known violent past, saying, "Nothing related to something like this at all."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/02/19...pect-arrested/

I would think drug charges would be a red flag. Surely, that would have come up in a background check. Right?

Lzen 02-19-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10441528)
The guy had been with the school district for 15 years. What would a background check have accomplished?

Maybe nothing. Or maybe they would have caught something. Perhaps this should be a requirement every year or every other year.

Buck 02-19-2014 01:38 PM

This is horrible. I don't even know what to say MTG. RIP Hailey

ChiTown 02-19-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10441545)

I would think drug charges would be a red flag. Surely, that would have come up in a background check. Right?

Maybe, maybe not. But, I can guarantee you that the fact that I slow paid a phone bill in College probably still hits my records. **** You SWB!

KC native 02-19-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Did you even read the post I quoted? I was simply saying that the school should be able to afford something as simple (and important) as a background check.

I know that none of the school districts around here will employ you in any fashion if you have drug charges. Perhaps that school district is different.

Aside from that, drug charges are red flag for him being a drug user. Not a murdering pedophile.

MOhillbilly 02-19-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Pretty sure it was a small amount of weed before he started with the district. Also pretty sure he was only a part timer.

I think he started out as a sub and part time FB coach and worked as a counselor for at risk kid type camps.

KC native 02-19-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 10441562)
Pretty sure it was a small amount of weed before he started with the district. Also pretty sure he was only a part timer.

I think he started out as a sub and part time FB coach and worked as a counselor for at risk kid type camps.

Yea, article said he was an in school suspension teacher which means he just baby sat the kids stuck in ISS. He wasn't a real teacher.

seclark 02-19-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 10441562)

wonderful.
sec

MOhillbilly 02-19-2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10441563)
Yea, article said he was an in school suspension teacher which means he just baby sat the kids stuck in ISS. He wasn't a real teacher.

I'm not sure he ever finished his degree. He went to school ( msu)FOREVER.

I wanna say he got pinched for weed in 95. He had a loaded pistol on him so we figured he was gonna do time but nothin happened.

srvy 02-19-2014 01:52 PM

I dont know if there is any test to predict this kind of behavior. What I do question and maybe I herd this wrong. The guy pleads guilty for possession of drugs in the 90's and is hired by the SPS district in the 90's. I am all for 2nd chances but not around school children.

These predator creeps are everywhere maybe in your neighborhood or working right next to you. They are ticking timebombs that can do this sort of a thing in a heartbeat. I have a 9 year old son and 6 year old daughter that I watch like a hawk. The world is differant than when I grew up you just cant let them wald the neighborhood alone anymore. Just so sad.

Jimmya 02-19-2014 02:05 PM

I strongly agree...... No 2nd chances when working with kids.

DMAC 02-19-2014 02:07 PM

Set up a room and keep this guy in it. The room consists of monitoring machines and torture equipment.

Keep him alive for whenever the family wants to come torture him. Or anyone else they say can come torture him. For as long as they want.

Fansy the Famous Bard 02-19-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 10441602)
Set up a room and keep this guy in it. The room consists of monitoring machines and torture equipment.

Keep him alive for whenever the family wants to come torture him. Or anyone else they say can come torture him. For as long as they want.

Pay $20 to spend 5 minutes. All proceeds goes to the victim's family.

GordonGekko 02-19-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 10441602)

Or, or.. the family gets to put the guy down in the exact same manner the crime was committed. Or, or.. the family can have the choice to export this guy to North Korea or something in exchange for a bowl of rice or something and then the NK's get free range to 'execute' an American.

I really don't much like the commie countries (China, NK) but you have to admire how they deal with their hard criminals. They don't let them rot in jail costing the tax payers $millions, they just terminate their asses.

In58men 02-19-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10441157)
Hailey just stayed with us two weekends ago. Sweetest girl ever and was more like a sister than a cousin to my children. Thanks for all the prayers, her mom is a wreck right now and definitely needs them.

Just terrible man, devastating.