ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Amber Alert in Springfield (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281569)

Lex Luthor 02-19-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10440988)
**** off, jackass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10441006)
What's more likely to happen? People get annoyed to the point they actually take action and go out and look for the abductor, or people get annoyed to the point they opt out of all future amber alerts?
Posted via Mobile Device

You're obviously both a couple of self-indulgent selfish pricks who don't give a damn about anybody else. You can't be bothered for 10 ****ing seconds to look at your ****ing phones when a 10 year old girl is missing and there's a chance to save to save her life? JFC. It's not like this happens every day. Or every week. Or every month. Or every year.

I have a daughter, and I sympathise with any parent who has his daughter taken away and murdered. I think everybody should do everything possible to save a girl in a situation like that. That Amber Alert could have saved her life. It's sad that it didn't.

You're both really pretty shitty human beings if you can't understand that.

LoneWolf 02-19-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10441026)
http://i.imgur.com/UYWqVd1.jpg

Now keep in mind I deleted 1 or two of them in that time period.
Posted via Mobile Device

Big ****ing deal. If they bother you after the first couple, turn the volume of your phone down. Of all the things to complain about you choose the frequency of alerts to create awareness of an abducted child.

Bugeater 02-19-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldandslow (Post 10441018)
and what reality is that....Amber Alerts can save lives...that it takes 30 seconds of your day is really of no consequence to me.

You're not even comprehending what is being said. Apparently your username is quite fitting.

Omaha 02-19-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10440589)
I know this is ****ed up to say, but Amber Alert is pretty shitty. It just ends up annoying people more than it helps. Sending 500 text messages an hour does nothing to help the situation IMO. It just makes people talk about getting annoying texts instead of talking about the missing child.

I'm sure it made you aware of the situation, though. If everyone who gets the text just looks around a little bit, there's a decent chance someone will see the kid or the vehicle. If it were my kid, I'd expect everyone to help out so I don't mind getting texts in that situation.

kepp 02-19-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10440931)
Hailey is my niece. Words cannot describe what I want to do tho this piece of shit right now.

I don't have the words...prayers to your family.

Bugeater 02-19-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10441043)
Big ****ing deal. If they bother you after the first couple, turn the volume of your phone down. Of all the things to complain about you choose the frequency of alerts to create awareness of an abducted child.

Yes, everyone in Kansas City should just give up use of their personal cell phones over this. That is entirely reasonable.

Saulbadguy 02-19-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10441041)
You're obviously both a couple of self-indulgent selfish pricks who don't give a damn about anybody else. You can't be bothered for 10 ****ing seconds to look at your ****ing phones when a 10 year old girl is missing and there's a chance to save to save her life? JFC. It's not like this happens every day. Or every week. Or every month. Or every year.

I have a daughter, and I sympathise with any parent who has his daughter taken away and murdered.

I believe your emotions are dictating your reaction, which is understandable.

However, I believe that the sentiment from the detractors of the system are critical of its effectiveness. I think that is open for debate.

-King- 02-19-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10441041)

I have a daughter, and I sympathise with any parent who has his daughter taken away and murdered. I think everybody should do everything possible to save a girl in a situation like that. That Amber Alert could have saved her life. It's sad that it didn't.

Who said I don't sympathize for them?

Its too bad you can't get your feelings out of the way to think rationally.
Posted via Mobile Device

TLO 02-19-2014 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10441050)
Yes, everyone in Kansas City should just give up use of their personal cell phones over this. That is entirely reasonable.

Did the alerts break your phone?

-King- 02-19-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10441043)

Turning the volume down doesn't do anything. As you can see in my screenshot, my phone is on vibrate like it is 99.99% of the time. Yet the siren still sounds.
Posted via Mobile Device

LoneWolf 02-19-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10441044)
You're not even comprehending what is being said. Apparently your username is quite fitting.

I get it. You and King are complaining that there were too many alerts sent out. Do you also complain when your drunken redneck friends send dozens of texts talking about how many Natty Lights ya'll pounded in the garage while talking about the numerous fat women you banged in high school?

Jimmya 02-19-2014 10:03 AM

I'm OK with the alerts.

kepp 02-19-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10440984)
who knows how it all went down, but if you are sitting in your garage and some freak grabs a kid in front of your house and takes off, aren't you driving after the SOB while the wife calls 911? If guy runs red lights and shit to get away from you, he's gonna get caught before he kills the girl. I'd feel pretty shitty if all I did was call 911 and found out about this.

Precisely what I was thinking. "I can't believe he didn't see us sitting in the garage." Well then F'ING CHASE HIM DOWN!! I don't know...maybe they're elderly or disabled or something and I'm jumping to conclusions, but it angered me to read that.

LoneWolf 02-19-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10441056)
Turning the volume down doesn't do anything. As you can see in my screenshot, my phone is on vibrate like it is 99.99% of the time. Yet the siren still sounds.
Posted via Mobile Device

Get a better phone. My phone was on silent and the only reason I even noticed the alerts was because I looked at my phone to check my email. I saw tha Amber Alert on television.

LoneWolf 02-19-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10441050)

Who said anything about giving up the use of your cell phone? You truly are one stupid bastard.