ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Amber Alert in Springfield (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281569)

philfree 02-19-2014 10:07 AM

They should have sent more alerts and sooner.

-King- 02-19-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10441063)
Get a better phone. My phone was on silent and the only reason I even noticed the alerts was because I looked at my phone to check my email. I saw tha Amber Alert on television.

I have the S3. Its good enough. I work with people with all kinds of phones and they all started ringing at once even though most people have them on silent or vibrate.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 02-19-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10441057)
I get it. You and King are complaining that there were too many alerts sent out. Do you also complain when your drunken redneck friends send dozens of texts talking about how many Natty Lights ya'll pounded in the garage while talking about the numerous fat women you banged in high school?

Wut?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bugeater 02-19-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10441054)
Did the alerts break your phone?

Again, someone is not reading and comprehending what is being said. If you were actually paying attention, you would've seen where I posted that I have never received an Amber Alert on my phone. I was made aware of the situation via facebook early yesterday evening though.

And if you had actually read and comprehended the post I was responding to, you would have known that the author of said post suggested turning the volume down on the phone, which would have rendered it useless for incoming calls, thereby giving up personal use of his phone.

Does that adequately explain things for you? Or do I need to draw you some pictures too?

allen_kcCard 02-19-2014 10:09 AM

Take the amber alert spam discussion to another thread.

Brock 02-19-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 10441083)

Chiefsplanet gonna chiefsplanet.

TLO 02-19-2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10441079)
Again, someone is not reading and comprehending what is being said. If you were actually paying attention, you would've seen where I posted that I have never received an Amber Alert on my phone. I was made aware of the situation via facebook early yesterday evening though.

And if you had actually read and comprehended the post I was responding to, you would have known that the author of said post suggested turning the volume down on the phone, which would have rendered it useless for incoming calls, thereby giving up personal use of his phone.

Does that adequately explain things for you? Or do I need to draw you some pictures too?

Your and idiot.

(Pictures would be nice.)

TLO 02-19-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 10441083)

:clap:

J Diddy 02-19-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10440931)
Hailey is my niece. Words cannot describe what I want to do tho this piece of shit right now.

Dude, I'm so sorry. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family right now.

There is a special place in hell for people like this and I'm hoping that we expeditiously send this sick bastard there.

Omaha 02-19-2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10441006)
What's more likely to happen? People get annoyed to the point they actually take action and go out and look for the abductor, or people get annoyed to the point they opt out of all future amber alerts?
Posted via Mobile Device

Is that how the opt out thing works? It would make more sense to opt out of the alert once you're aware of the situation and then only receive new information if necessary. I would hope the next amber alert would go out to everyone again.

Donger 02-19-2014 10:18 AM

My God. I'm so sorry MTG. My thoughts are with you and your family during this horrible time.

HonestChieffan 02-19-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10440931)
Hailey is my niece. Words cannot describe what I want to do tho this piece of shit right now.

Prayers for you and the family. Cannot begin to imagine this. Bad things should not happen to children.

Fairplay 02-19-2014 10:21 AM

Truly a sad situation, prayers and thoughts to her family and friends of this precious little girl

TLO 02-19-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 10441109)
Prayers for you and the family. Cannot begin to imagine this. Bad things should not happen to children.

And to think the guy who did it was a teacher... :shake:

BlackHelicopters 02-19-2014 10:24 AM

Prayers to MTG and the entire family.