ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Romeo trying to win Broncos game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268032)

Hammock Parties 12-25-2012 04:21 PM

Romeo trying to win Broncos game

Aw, how cute.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/24...re-chiefs.html

Quote:

Romeo Crennel’s biggest concern heading into Sunday’s final game of the season at Denver isn’t turnovers, penalties, a feeble passing game, the Broncos or even Colorado’s notoriously unpredictable winter weather.

It’s making sure the Chiefs have their heads in the right place and haven’t already started on offseason plans, mentally at least.

“I don’t want us to fall apart and just go out there and not give effort, not play hard, those kinds of things,” Crennel said. “They’ve done a nice job all year of staying together, not pointing fingers and continuing to try to play hard and win games. That’s what I want them to do in this last game of the year.”

If history is a guide, Crennel has a valid concern. The Chiefs went on the road for what turned out to be their final games under Gunther Cunningham in 2000 and Herm Edwards in 2008. Cunningham’s team was flat in a loss to the forlorn Falcons and Edwards’ team couldn’t keep up with Cincinnati.

Sunday’s game could test the Chiefs in that regard

“At some point when the season is not going good, there’s always the possibility that things can fall apart,” Crennel said. “To the credit of these guys, it hasn’t fallen apart in the locker room. They’ve pulled together for each other and they work hard during the week. We just come up short on Sundays. That’s the way it’s been all year.

The Chiefs will get an honest effort from the 12-3 Broncos. They long ago clinched the AFC West championship but on Sunday will be playing to protect the No. 2 seed in the conference playoffs — or even become the top seed, if Houston loses to Indianapolis earlier in the day.

In Denver, Broncos coach John Fox told reporters he wasn’t going to be distracted by playoff scenarios.

“Nope, because then I wouldn’t be keeping my focus,” Fox said. “I think what’s really important is that win this week against Kansas City. All our focus will be on that. Whatever that brings, we’ll react to. Right now, that’s where all the focus is.”

So, to beat the Broncos, who have won 10 straight games, the Chiefs will have to earn it. Denver defeated the Chiefs 17-9 a month ago at Arrowhead Stadium.

“We’re professional football players,” wide receiver Jon Baldwin said. “Our job is to play the game, to win the game, and we’re not going to give up. We’re going to go out, practice hard, come get ready to play this game and try to win this football game. That’s all we can do.”

A possible advantage for the Chiefs is that the Broncos are a division opponent. A rival tends to get an opponent’s attention, though the Chiefs are 0-5 in AFC West games this season.

The Chiefs fell to 2-13 Sunday by losing 20-13 to Indianapolis at Arrowhead.

“Brush this loss off,” cornerback Brandon Flowers said when asked what his message to teammates would be this week. “No matter what the record is, division games mean something to us in the locker room. We are going into a hostile environment next week in Denver and we have to be ready. We do not need to get embarrassed with Peyton Manning on the field.”

Crennel was less than solid in saying that Brady Quinn would be the starting quarterback against the Broncos.

“At the time being, yes,” Crennel said. “Every position is subject to change. Everything gets evaluated. If a decision needs to be made, it will be made.”

Quinn threw two interceptions against the Colts. One was returned for a touchdown and the other, on a first-down play inside the Indianapolis 20, was woefully underthrown.

Quinn afterward took full blame for the defeat. The Chiefs rushed for 352 yards, an NFL record for a losing team.

“He understands that the quarterback position, just like the head coaching position, the buck stops at your desk,” Crennel said. “When things don’t go well offensively, he knows the quarterback is scrutinized.”

In58men 12-25-2012 04:21 PM

I thought we was suppose to win every game.

kcxiv 12-25-2012 04:27 PM

Hell last game of his coaching career, why wouldnt he

Mr. Flopnuts 12-25-2012 04:28 PM

The players love Romeo. And they probably know it's his last game. This is a trap game for us.

Stad 12-25-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9240676)
Hell last game of his coaching career, why wouldnt he

Try and screw us over.

kcxiv 12-25-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stadw0n306 (Post 9240691)
Try and screw us over.

lol well, this team is so bad, that it doesnt matter if he tries or not. lol he's tried 15 times this year n failed 13. one of them wins i still dont know how they won (new Orleans)

dannybcaitlyn 12-25-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9240677)
The players love Romeo. And they probably know it's his last game. This is a trap game for us.

Chief players know there rightful place for the playoffs. On the couch like the rest of us, watching it. Dont sweat it.

milkman 12-25-2012 04:52 PM

I feel pretty good about our chances with guys like Jon Baldwin giving it their best to win.

BoneKrusher 12-25-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9240667)

naw, RAC only wants this last one.

FlaChief58 12-25-2012 05:13 PM

Too bad he waited till the last game of the year to care about winning :banghead:

Codered 12-25-2012 05:26 PM

In Brady Quinn we trust!

2-14 here we come.

whoman69 12-25-2012 06:12 PM

game changer

Ebolapox 12-25-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 9240701)
Chief players know there rightful place for the playoffs. On the couch like the rest of us, watching it. Dont sweat it.

Their*

Bump 12-25-2012 06:16 PM

I'm sure that Denver will want home field. No way we could win.

Hootie 12-25-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

they can play as hard as they want to we still have no shot to beat Denver

BigRedChief 12-25-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

The Broncos are playing for home field advantage. You don't let that opportunity pass. Manning and the rest of the Broncos are planning and practicing on playing their "A" game

The only thing that can possibly screw us is the Texas game is over early with the Texans pulling away. Then the Broncos can scrap their game plan and go with plan b. Because the gamer no longer matters and why risk injury.

Thig Lyfe 12-25-2012 06:37 PM

He better not.

ClevelandBronco 12-25-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9240695)
lol well, this team is so bad, that it doesnt matter if he tries or not. lol he's tried 15 times this year n failed 13. one of them wins i still dont know how they won (new Orleans)

Yeah, but that's kinda the problem for the Broncos. You just never know when you're going to be sitting around after the game wondering how the heck that happened. And bad beats seem to be more likely in division games.

The Chiefs can win this game. They won't, but they can.

Rausch 12-25-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9240667)

THIS.

If they cared so much (the players) wouldn't have folded as often as they did...

Hootie 12-25-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9240872)
The Broncos are playing for home field advantage. You don't let that opportunity pass. Manning and the rest of the Broncos are planning and practicing on playing their "A" game

The only thing that can possibly screw us is the Texas game is over early with the Texans pulling away. Then the Broncos can scrap their game plan and go with plan b. Because the gamer no longer matters and why risk injury.

the Broncos are still playing for the #2 seed. If they lose and New England wins, New England gets the #2 seed and the BYE

Mr. Flopnuts 12-25-2012 07:28 PM

Meh, Bowe is on the shelf. Even when we run for 350 yards we don't win, so I guess really we don't have a chance at all. I mean "Any given Sunday", and whatnot, but there's no ****ing way we'll be within 14 by the end of the game. Sweet!

listopencil 12-25-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9240884)
the Broncos are still playing for the #2 seed. If they lose and New England wins, New England gets the #2 seed and the BYE

Yup. The Pats play the Dolphins. I don't think the Dolphins have a chance of winning. This is a game that the Broncos need to win regardless of what happens with HOU/IND.

ROYC75 12-25-2012 07:37 PM

He's tried to win 15 games to date yet has 2, no reason to think he has a chance to get # 3 now.

DaWolf 12-25-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Romeo trying to win
LMAO

suzzer99 12-25-2012 08:40 PM

If we somehow win this game after all the heartache in Denver over the last several decades I will kick a puppy.

KurtCobain 12-25-2012 08:42 PM

no I just assumed he was going to lay down and try to lose his job and not have 1 of his players put a shoulder pad to Peyton Manning's jugular.

TribalElder 12-25-2012 08:49 PM

As long as the Pats win it shouldn't matter

If the pats lose and the texans win Denver might rest the starters. That would be the nightmare scenario. The pats win it forces denver to win I think. I could be all ****ed up on that scenario but there is a certain way shit plays out that denver winning would not matter and they might rest their players. Texans play before we do.

someone here will know what i'm babbling about and straighten out this mess I posted

Mile High Mania 12-25-2012 08:51 PM

NE plays a late afternoon game too.

Hootie 12-25-2012 08:55 PM

no one needs to worry

we won't be in this game after about 15 minutes

TribalElder 12-25-2012 09:08 PM

LOL kctv5 just showed a Tebow to KC thing on TV

We have officially reached the location where things have gone too far

GloryDayz 12-25-2012 09:31 PM

Are the stars aligning like this or something? If not, nope, not gonna happen..

http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/stars-align.jpg

whoman69 12-25-2012 09:49 PM

I think Romeo brought a knife to a gunfight

Thig Lyfe 12-25-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9241128)

More like he brought a dildo to a drone strike.

Pablo 12-25-2012 10:06 PM

Not worried.

ImAWalkingCorpse 12-25-2012 10:14 PM

Romeo brought a CasselQuinnStanzi to a QB fight.

Rain Man 12-25-2012 11:13 PM

Presumably Romeo has tried to win the previous 15 games, so I think we're safe. Maybe he'll only give Jamaal five carries again.

FloridaMan88 12-26-2012 12:32 AM

Teicher writes this article as if winning this game would be a GOOD thing for the Chiefs.

JFC Teicher, first overall pick in the draft... enough said.

mdchiefsfan 12-26-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9240963)
Meh, Bowe is on the shelf. Even when we run for 350 yards we don't win, so I guess really we don't have a chance at all. I mean "Any given Sunday", and whatnot, but there's no ****ing way we'll be within 14 by the end of the game. Sweet!

This is what I am thinking. We saw the Chiefs best effort last week. If that isn't a deflating loss; I don't know what is. Everything was clicking last week, except for QB. Honestly, I hope that happens again, just to illustrate how badly we need a QB to the dumbass Chiefs fans out there that want Teo with the 1st overall.

bevischief 12-26-2012 07:44 AM

JFC...

BlackHelicopters 12-26-2012 08:27 AM

Baldwin will seal the win for us. Dude has all the intangibles.

MahiMike 12-26-2012 08:30 AM

Romeo must be defeated.

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-26-2012 08:41 AM

In the long run it would be in Denvers best interest to lose and cause the Chiefs the possible opportunity to get Geno who will take this team and rape their ass for the next ten years. Think about that !

Mr. Laz 12-26-2012 09:44 AM

all-out blitzes, all game long.

we might lose by 50 but at least we will knock the **** out of manning

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-26-2012 11:52 AM

I'd really like to **** a new hot chick everyday, too.

htismaqe 12-26-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9241180)
Presumably Romeo has tried to win the previous 15 games, so I think we're safe. Maybe he'll only give Jamaal five carries again.

This.

Hootie 12-26-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9241469)

and we still wouldn't get a hit on the guy...unless it was illegal

dude thrives on all out blitzes

he doesn't take hits, period. He'll give himself up before he takes a hit.

ILChief 12-26-2012 12:23 PM

At what point do things fall apart?

htismaqe 12-26-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9241811)
At what point do things fall apart?

Pre-game warmups.

Easy 6 12-26-2012 01:47 PM

And i've been trying to bone Kristen Stewart, with the same results.

whoman69 12-26-2012 02:56 PM

The spread is 16. I might consider taking the Broncos even giving up that many points. You add that 16 to the Chiefs, at best you might have 26.

fan4ever 12-26-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9240882)
THIS.

If they cared so much (the players) wouldn't have folded as often as they did...

It's easy to fold with a player friendly coaching staff that lacks practicing discipline.

Mile High Mania 12-26-2012 03:47 PM

I think Denver comes out on fire, on a mission to ending the reg season at home with a bang. Den is up 10-14 at half, then 24 after 3. Win by 27-35.

CoMoChief 12-26-2012 04:20 PM

I haven't looked at the standings and playoff scenarios. Is Denver playing for home field? Or will they be able to rest Manning?

Wildcat2005 12-26-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9242154)
I haven't looked at the standings and playoff scenarios. Is Denver playing for home field? Or will they be able to rest Manning?

playing for home field
If Denver loses and New England wins, Denver loses the bye week
If Denver wins and Houston loses, Denver jumps to the 1 seed

So lot at stake

Deberg_1990 12-26-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9242154)

Yes, Denver could potentially fall to the number 3 playoff spot if they lose to the Chiefs. They will be highly motivated to win. Chiefs have no shot thank god.

GloryDayz 12-26-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9241469)

If their first 375 yards comes by way of bullshit modern-day RTP calls, that's fine by me... Play the game like it's the 70s again, and it'll be the most entertaining game of the year... Manning will poop his pants!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1310444449

https://files.nyu.edu/aww243/public/...tall-jones.jpg

http://www.sportsblink.com/product_i...on-3372030.jpg

htismaqe 12-26-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9242115)
I think Denver comes out on fire, on a mission to ending the reg season at home with a bang. Den is up 10-14 at half, then 24 after 3. Win by 27-35.

Yep. It's not even about homefield as much as it is about momentum.

NJChiefsFan 12-26-2012 06:41 PM

I am sure this was said already, but if Romeo tries winning this game like he has the past 15, we are in good shape to get that #1 pick.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-27-2012 09:42 AM

Denver's resorted to trickery since their slow start. We are screwed!!

Strongside 12-27-2012 09:46 AM

Eliminate bad football. Play good football. Eliminate wins. Play for number one draft pick. Eliiminate Scott Pioli/Romeo Crennel. Liberate the world.

Predarat 12-27-2012 09:54 AM

He tried to win a bunch of other games too and he failed.

Kaylore 12-27-2012 10:42 AM

You guys have a good shot. You have five or six pro bowl players. Derek Johnson is apparently better than Justin Houston, which is good to know because I thought otherwise. Apparently Eric Berry not tackling people had my eyes deceiving me.

Last year you held us to a field goal at home. And let's not forget that Manning won't be a problem, according to everyone on this board. He's probably going to go down to an injury in week four, cannot throw to his right, cannot throw more than ten yards and it will take him at least two years to get his offense in gear, at which time he will retire. Broncos are due an 8-8 season at best, according to Chief fans. Your team is just one QB away from being in the SB, and even if you win today, you will still be able to get Geno Smith, the next Tim Couch, and pretend he's going to be the first Air Raid Offense QB to even be marginal in the pro's.

You guys have it made.

See you Sunday.

BigMeatballDave 12-27-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 9243611)
You guys have a good shot. You have five or six pro bowl players. Derek Johnson is apparently better than Justin Houston, which is good to know because I thought otherwise. Apparently Eric Berry not tackling people had my eyes deceiving me.

Last year you held us to a field goal at home. And let's not forget that Manning won't be a problem, according to everyone on this board. He's probably going to go down to an injury in week four, cannot throw to his right, cannot throw more than ten yards and it will take him at least two years to get his offense in gear, at which time he will retire. Broncos are due an 8-8 season at best, according to Chief fans. Your team is just one QB away from being in the SB, and even if you win today, you will still be able to get Geno Smith, the next Tim Couch, and pretend he's going to be the first Air Raid Offense QB to even be marginal in the pro's.

You guys have it made.

See you Sunday.

Proof that Denver has stupid fans, too.

ModSocks 12-27-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 9243611)

You guys have it made.

See you Sunday.

And I still hope your QB breaks his neck.

Kaylore 12-27-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9243621)
Proof that Denver has stupid fans, too.

I think you were the one leading the charge that Manning was washed up. And you're calling me stupid? I should go dig up all your predictions from before the season. You're a colossal twat, you are!

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/r...-finn-grin.gif

BigMeatballDave 12-27-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9243624)
And I still hope your QB breaks his neck.

That's extreme, but I would grin if during the 3rd quarter, with Denver leading by 20, Peyton is hammered by Houston and breaks his collar bone effectively ending the season for the donkeys. :)

BigMeatballDave 12-27-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 9243630)
I think you were the one leading the charge that Manning was washed up. And you're calling me stupid? I should go dig up all your predictions from before the season. You're a colossal twat, you are!

More proof that you are stupid.

Kaylore 12-27-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9243633)
More proof that you are stupid.

By pointing out that you made the Mayans look like geniuses? That makes sense.

BigMeatballDave 12-27-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 9243644)
By pointing out that you made the Mayans look like geniuses? That makes sense.

I'd like to remind your dumbass that this is a Chiefs board and we like to talk shit about the reeruned horses and their inbred fans.

You are so stupid that you are actually trying to troll the fans of a 2-13 team that has been begging for losses for 2 months.

Kaylore 12-27-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9243658)
I'd like to remind your dumbass that this is a Chiefs board and we like to talk shit about the reeruned horses and their inbred fans.

You are so stupid that you are actually trying to troll the fans of a 2-13 team that has been begging for losses for 2 months.

You are the insult master.

Lonewolf Ed 12-27-2012 11:35 AM

Aside from Kaylore's input, does anyone think that 2 wins is Romeo's coaching ability ceiling here? He went 2-1 last season, but what if he had been the coach from opening day? If only KC had gone 2-14 last year...

We'd probably have taken a better WR than Baldwin for a first round pick. :mad:

1ChiefsDan 12-27-2012 11:50 AM

Sounds like RAC may be trying to win from the coaches box. Heard he had his knee drained and may not be able to stand on the sideline.

Looking better and better all the time.

Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher
Crennel had his knee drained. May have to coach Sunday's game from press box upstairs
Retweeted by Bill Williamson
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

whoman69 12-27-2012 02:54 PM

Kaylore, what kind of mental midget goes on to another team's fan website to brag that his team can beat a two win team. Everyone here has said the Chiefs don't have a chance. I'm sure only Chiefs' fans were thinking that one good hit would take out Manning for good.

http://images.sodahead.com/blogs/000...80_xlarge.jpeg

GoChargers 12-27-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stadw0n306 (Post 9240691)
Try and screw us over.

Same shit Norv did against the Jets last week.

#1 Bronco's Fan 12-29-2012 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9241128)

He brought a Quinn to a Manning fight

007 12-29-2012 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9240872)

Of course it matters, they can still lose the bye to the Patriots if they lose and the Pats win.

CLINCHED: Denver has clinched the AFC West.

Denver clinches a first-round bye with: 1) DEN win or tie OR 2) NE loss or tie

Denver clinches home-field advantage throughout AFC playoffs with: 1) DEN win + HOU loss or tie OR 2) DEN tie + HOU loss

REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. Chiefs (2-13)

007 12-29-2012 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9241219)
Teicher writes this article as if winning this game would be a GOOD thing for the Chiefs.

JFC Teicher, first overall pick in the draft... enough said.

Its hard to sell that when all these media blowhards think there is nobody worth the first overall pick in the draft.

The Chiefs can't even win for losing. So damn typical. LMAO

007 12-29-2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9243632)
That's extreme, but I would grin if during the 3rd quarter, with Denver leading by 20, Peyton is hammered by Houston and breaks his collar bone effectively ending the season for the donkeys. :)

I would never wish an injury on anyone but if something were to happen to completely dash all hopes for a Denver superbowl I would smile.:D

Coogs 12-29-2012 12:32 PM

Got this little bit from the Star...

Quote:

With Dwayne Bowe on injured reserve and McCluster, Copper and Bellamy not practicing because of illness or injury, the Chiefs were down to four wide receivers Friday. One of them, Steve Breaston, wasn’t getting much work at practice and said he didn’t think he would be active for Sunday’s game against the Broncos in Denver.
“I did the same thing in practice today that I’ve been doing,” Breaston said.
The other healthy receivers on the active roster were Jon Baldwin, Jamar Newsome and Devon Wylie. McCluster may be ready to play Sunday, but the Chiefs would still like to have another receiver in uniform.
Junior Hemingway, a seventh-round draft pick, is on the practice squad and could be promoted to the active roster in time for Sunday’s game.
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/28...#storylink=cpy

Easy 6 12-29-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9248367)
Got this little bit from the Star...

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/28...#storylink=cpy

This Breaston thing just defies logic, i really dont get it.

So they're "taking a look at the young guys"/watery turds at receiver... but Stanzi cant even play one ****ing game?

I CANT WAIT to see this whole ugly mess broomed right the **** outta here.