ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft I guess this means Gholston is a Chief? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183406)

Mr. Arrowhead 04-22-2008 10:00 PM

Merriman look a like

melbar 04-22-2008 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfan82 (Post 4701484)
I hear you there.......

But my Michigan friend said that he is the only DE this year he saw lay an ass whipping on Jake Long and we need to replace a DE.

He got 1 sack. Not exactly an a-- whipping. He disappeared against lesser talent. The question would be can we get him to play all the time. He's nonexistant in the 4th quarter. Maybe he should spend a little more of that gym time on cardio...

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-22-2008 10:04 PM

Gholston is a better athlete than Merriman. It's not really even that close.

Mecca 04-22-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar (Post 4701590)
He got 1 sack. Not exactly an a-- whipping. He disappeared against lesser talent. The question would be can we get him to play all the time. He's nonexistant in the 4th quarter. Maybe he should spend a little more of that gym time on cardio...

Isn't that the same kind of stuff this guy we are trading does that everyone loves?

Mecca 04-22-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 4701594)
Gholston is a better athlete than Merriman. It's not really even that close.

That's an easy call, you'll never find a player at that position more athletic than Gholston..

Oh other thing about him, I'm pretty sure he's dedicated to being in shape and not sitting in the bar...

melbar 04-22-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4701561)
I'm being lowsided honestly, Vernon Gholstons physical upside is Bruce Smith but I don't want to lay that comparison on someone.

What has he done to be compared to Bruce Smith!?! I guess you could say the same about any player that hasnt yet played a down in the NFL. Draft him on his potential to step up his game at the next level.:rolleyes:

dj56dt58 04-22-2008 10:06 PM

Using a first on a DE to replace Allen would be stupid..maybe if we plan on using him at linebacker..

I say we take Ryan or Dorsey and OL at 17

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-22-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar (Post 4701600)
What has he done to be compared to Bruce Smith!?! I guess you could say the same about any player that hasnt yet played a down in the NFL. Draft him on his potential to step up his game at the next level.:rolleyes:

He had 14 sacks in a BCS conference, for one.

Not only can the guy play, but Scott Steiner even called him the one true genetic freak.

Mecca 04-22-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar (Post 4701600)

You didn't read my comment right did you?

Reread it and let it register.

melbar 04-22-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4701595)
Isn't that the same kind of stuff this guy we are trading does that everyone loves?

Allen made big plays when we needed it. He always brings it. Gholston doesnt. But hey, I hope if we end up with him Herm can light a fire under his but. Shouldnt have to do that for a pick this high...

Mecca 04-22-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 4701611)
He had 14 sacks in a BCS conference, for one.

Not only can the guy play, but Scott Steiner even called him the one true genetic freak.

I don't think he understands what "physical upside" means.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-22-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 4701608)
Using a first on a DE to replace Allen would be stupid..maybe if we plan on using him at linebacker..

I say we take Ryan or Dorsey and OL at 17

BPA doesn't stand for Best Position Available...

Vernon Gholston is the kind of athlete you see maybe once a decade.

kcfan82 04-22-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar (Post 4701590)

I'm just taking a Michigan fans word on it, I assume Long didn't give up many sacks this year?

At 6'4 260, with a 4.65 forty, 37 reps in the banch, and 35 inch vertical it's worth a shot if there isn't a an OT with as much upside.

OnTheWarpath15 04-22-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar (Post 4701615)
Allen made big plays when we needed it. He always brings it. Gholston doesnt. But hey, I hope if we end up with him Herm can light a fire under his but. Shouldnt have to do that for a pick this high...

Where was Allen in the 4th quarter of the Green Bay game.

What about the ENTIRE home game against the Raiders?

That's just 2 games off the top of my head....

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-22-2008 10:10 PM

I'm just trying to understand why you wouldn't want a guy who is stronger than any other person in this draft, faster than every single person he'll line up against, and has produced at a high level against top notch competition.