ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football AFCW - going into Week 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276323)

Buehler445 09-16-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9984120)
Donks are good. I have no idea why teams are not trying to hit Peyton more. He will make some of the quick throws, but eventually you get to him. And he gets knocked off quick. Problem is no one is doing it and he is torching. Same with the wrs. Your safeties have to pop them. Because very few teams can match passing game with in todays nfl and what they let them do.

I agree. Chiefs get shelled if they don't hit Peyton early and often.

Kaylore 09-16-2013 12:45 PM

Peyton has been hit several times. He was sacked twice against Baltimore, and hit after the throw several times. I mean they have Suggs and Dumervil on both sides. We haven't drawn a roughing the passer call once, so I don't really see this "you guys get all the calls" crap. Yesterday's game the zebras were doing everything they could to keep Eli in it.

DaFace 09-16-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9984120)
Donks are good. I have no idea why teams are not trying to hit Peyton more. He will make some of the quick throws, but eventually you get to him. And he gets knocked off quick. Problem is no one is doing it and he is torching. Same with the wrs. Your safeties have to pop them. Because very few teams can match passing game with in todays nfl and what they let them do.

Speaking of Peyton getting hit more...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m
Broncos LT Ryan Clady is expected to miss "at least a few weeks" with a Lisfranc foot sprain.

Quesadilla Joe 09-16-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

#Broncos LT Ryan Clady's foot injury is considered not serious. But he'll miss a few weeks with a lisfranc sprain, source says.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/379679041579937793

Pablo 09-16-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9984176)
Speaking of Peyton getting hit more...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m
Broncos LT Ryan Clady is expected to miss "at least a few weeks" with a Lisfranc foot sprain.

Oh snap.

"Doesn't matter. Slappy Mc****dickerson from Northwest Southern Baptist State College has looked good in the preseason and will slide in, and we won't miss a beat/knowmo"

Pablo 09-16-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9984179)

Yeah, those lisfranc sprains are never serious. Guys usually bounce right back from those.

Quesadilla Joe 09-16-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9984193)
Yeah, those lisfranc sprains are never serious. Guys usually bounce right back from those.

Some are more serious than others, obviously Clady only has a mild sprain.

saphojunkie 09-16-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9984116)
There's definitely a mix of both right now, but to Denver's credit, the defense has made some great plays. It's not all brain dead mistakes by Flacco and Eli.

The turnovers? Yeah, it really is.

saphojunkie 09-16-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9984212)
Some are more serious than others, obviously Clady only has a mild sprain.

Oh obviously.

:rolleyes:

God you're worthless

Mr. Laz 09-16-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 9983788)
What is it with Chiefs fans pretending Manning can only throw for one yard and apparently has the spine of a small infant?

what is it with donkey fans spending so much time on a Chiefs bbs instead of going off somewhere to shoot themselves in the head like they should.

Mile High Mania 09-16-2013 02:11 PM

BAL and NY got some pressure on Peyton and even hit him a few times. Hell, yesterday there was at least one time (and I think another in game 1) when he was wrapped up and Peyton steps out of it.

They have a ton of options in the passing game which helps negate a good pass rush --- if someone is coming, just toss it at one of the 5-6 waiting to catch it, or aim at their feet if their not open.

ModSocks 09-16-2013 02:16 PM

People shouldn't sleep on the Chargers, they can still put up a ton of points. Through two weeks i think SD looks like the team to challenge Denver, not KC.

Mile High Mania 09-16-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9984288)
what is it with donkey fans spending so much time on a Chiefs bbs instead of going off somewhere to shoot themselves in the head like they should.

LMAO How many times is this question asked in a year?

Mile High Mania 09-16-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9984397)
People shouldn't sleep on the Chargers, they can still put up a ton of points. Through two weeks i think SD looks like the team to challenge Denver, not KC.

Maybe... but, they still have Rivers. They choked away a big lead last week to HOU, very much like they choked away that big lead vs Denver last season.

SD has talent... they just have no heart and no leadership.

In week 6, last season ... Chargers were 3-2 with a 24-0 lead at halftime over Denver. Denver put up 35 unanswered and SD finished 4-7 down the stretch. SD has won 5 while losing 8 since that game, with wins over the Chiefs, Raiders, Jets and Jags.

Excuse me if I don't take them too seriously just yet, especially with their week 1 2013 being so similar to week 6 2012.

keg in kc 09-16-2013 02:20 PM

It won't be a popular sentiment, but I don't think the Chiefs are legitimate until the offense starts to click. Which needs to be sooner rather than later. They have winnable games, but I wouldn't call many of them easy.