ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Survivor:Phillipines (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263979)

Deberg_1990 09-20-2012 10:55 AM

Survivor:Phillipines

Didnt see a thread. Anyone else watch?

Lisa (Blair)Whelchel from Facts of Life and Former MLB star Jeff Kent!!
I thought it was a good beginning. Thoughts?

OmahaChief 09-20-2012 11:45 AM

I enjoyed the first episodebut the person that was booted probably played the dumbest 3days of survivor ever.

Deberg_1990 09-20-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 8930488)
I enjoyed the first episodebut the person that was booted probably played the dumbest 3days of survivor ever.

Heh, yea he didn’t seem too bright, but I enjoyed his personality. I was shocked by that one girl who noticed who Jeff Kent was.

Buck 09-20-2012 12:09 PM

I'm glad they got rid of the white trash in the first episode.

Chiefnj2 09-20-2012 12:43 PM

I don't like 3 tribes. I find the eye candy on yellow to be annoying. The blue tribe is weak.

Aries Walker 09-20-2012 12:51 PM

Zed or Zack or whatever his name was wasn't just stupid, he was pathetically out of shape. I can't run wind sprints like I could when I was in high school either, but I'm not on a survival-themed game show where it's expected. He was the right choice to go . . .

But Russell isn't far behind. He's going out of his way to paint a giant target on his back. The redneck's brazen incompetence is the only reason he's still there.

I think Blair's going to melt down soon, or just voted off because 40-something women tend to get booted quickly in this game - usually at the hands of a coven of 20-something women.

I classify the Brazilian woman as Instantly Annoying, meaning she'll probably make final four. I like the sex therapist and the young black ministry woman, but they could both change in an instant. Penner is doomed, Skupin only slightly less so. The woman who made an alliance with Malcolm made the best play all day. I don't think Kent's knee is hurt nearly as badly as he seemed to think.

Deberg_1990 09-20-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8930622)
I don't think Kent's knee is hurt nearly as badly as he seemed to think.

Agreed. Hes gone as soon as the rest find out who he really is and they will

frankotank 09-20-2012 01:07 PM

I love this show!
Russell is a total dumbass! Nice call having Frankenstein do the running part. Very lucky to still be in the game.
Johnathan…..uggg…..he won’t be around long because he’s too big of an asshole.
The returning fire hands dude….WTF! How in the HELL can you hurt yourself so damn much?
I’ve wondered if anyone on the show has had sex during their tenure? You’d think after all these seasons that SOMEBODY must have done some bikini boinking!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8930503)
I was shocked by that one girl who noticed who Jeff Kent was.

I couldn’t BELIEVE IT!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8930622)
I think Blair's going to melt down soon.

You’re only saying that because the previews for next week showed Blair melting down! :D

Chiefnj2 09-20-2012 01:10 PM

tons of spoilers this year.

OmahaChief 09-20-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8930503)
Heh, yea he didn’t seem too bright, but I enjoyed his personality. I was shocked by that one girl who noticed who Jeff Kent was.

I was shocked too. Hell most of the guys I know would have not known him. I am also shocked noone but Skupin recognized Blair. That might just be my age showing though.

Buck 09-20-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8930683)
tons of spoilers this year.

Please do not post them.

Aries Walker 09-20-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 8930890)
I was shocked too. Hell most of the guys I know would have not known him. I am also shocked noone but Skupin recognized Blair. That might just be my age showing though.

More to the point, it shows the contestants' age. Someone who is 24 - which a lot of those contestants are, roughly - was born the year Facts of Life went off the air. Thinking back to when I was in my low 20's, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have recognized the older versions of anyone from, say, Rat Patrol or Daktari.

NJChiefsFan 09-21-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8930595)
I don't like 3 tribes. I find the eye candy on yellow to be annoying. The blue tribe is weak.

I am not sure I agree. I think so far the best alliance I saw was Malcolm and the therapist. They both seemed fairly intelligent and aware of how the game works. I enjoyed the returning Australia contestant as well.

I always rooted for Russel in the first one but man he needs to chill. Everything he said about himself at tribal was right but he needs to actually put that in action. Damage may be done at this point. Hypothetically if Kent survives he better figure out a way to get the people that know him off the show without saying anything or on the jury.

Both the young girls on yellow annoyed me. The white guy on yellow seems to have a brick in his head. I also was impressed with the chick that knew who Jeff Kent was.

Chiefnj2 09-21-2012 07:38 AM

[QUOTE=NJChiefsFan;8932371]I am not sure I agree. I think so far the best alliance I saw was Malcolm and the therapist. They both seemed fairly intelligent and aware of how the game works.

When I said weak I meant physically. They are the ones who blew the challenge for blue. They had a sizeable lead when it was their turn to row and they completely lost it.

Aries Walker 09-21-2012 07:40 AM

I think that's a casting thing. Whenever they have a contestant who is mildly famous but wants to keep it secret, they always seem to put someone else in the game - if not on their team - who knows. When Gary Hogeboom was on and trying to keep his identity secret, they had Danni Boatwright right there, and she recognized him immediately. I don't think that's an accident.