ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why has Cassel Regressed since 2010? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264603)

rockymtnchief 10-03-2012 07:38 AM

Palko stole his mojo and hid it in Al Capones vault.

tredadda 10-03-2012 07:41 AM

In 2010 we played one of the easiest schedules in recent memory against teams with subpar defenses for the most part. Jamaal Charles had one of the best running seasons ever for a RB. Those factors played a large role in his 2010 "Pro Bowl" season.

RealSNR 10-03-2012 07:42 AM

Quit holding up 2010 like Cassel was Brady, Rodgers, Eli, etc. He wasn't. The dude still sucked. He's the same piece of shit now as he was then.

FAX 10-03-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8972641)
People blasted me when I said this is exactly what would happen. Same shit every year. Camp stud, regular season pussy.

All we heard during camp was how Cassel had improved dramatically and was impressing everybody. Heck, Zorn was practically slavering with praise for the guy.

Maybe he simply blew his wad in that first half against Atlanta and now he just wants to sleep?

FAX

Chiefnj2 10-03-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8972660)
Quit holding up 2010 like Cassel was Brady, Rodgers, Eli, etc. He wasn't. The dude still sucked. He's the same piece of shit now as he was then.

Ridiculous. 27 TD to 7 INTs. Even with smoke and mirrors, a weak schedule and a great running game - those are good numbers.

Deberg_1990 10-03-2012 07:45 AM

I think Weis/Haley did a good job of protecting him. I think its been reported/mentioned that Weis dumbed down the system and worked on his mechanics as best he could. Basically got as much out of him as he possibly could. I do remember his mechanics and his throws seemed to be stronger in 2010.

RealSNR 10-03-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8972664)
Ridiculous. 27 TD to 7 INTs. Even with smoke and mirrors, a weak schedule and a great running game - those are good numbers.

Did he break 4000 yards? Did he beat any good teams? How many 300 yard games did he have? How many 4th quarter comebacks?

He had three good games against shitty rape fart St Louis, Seattle, and Tennessee. The rest were cock suckingly bad.

FAX 10-03-2012 07:47 AM

ROFL

I don't think Weis gave a damn one way or the other about Cassel. However, we do know that Haley brought out the ol' bitch slap the dude across the grill every time he throws an INT coaching technique. That had a direct effect on his turnover ratio.

FAX

suds79 10-03-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8972664)

Yes good numbers. But drastically inflated.

Coached with kid gloves to minimize mistakes. Then given easy TDs to try to pump up his confidence.

That's how you get to 27 TDs & 7 Ins.

tredadda 10-03-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8972669)
Did he break 4000 yards? Did he beat any good teams? How many 300 yard games did he have? How many 4th quarter comebacks?

He had three good games against shitty rape fart St Louis, Seattle, and Tennessee. The rest were cock suckingly bad.

Didn't he also light it up against Denver in garbage time of a blowout loss? I can't remember if that was 2010 or 2009.

Chiefnj2 10-03-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8972669)

Who cares if he broke 4000 yards. His 27:7 got the team to the post season. He's a god damn game manager at best and that's what he did. He didn't hurt the team. He didn't turn it over. He threw a bunch of red zone TDs. That's the best you can expect from him. And it was much better than what he is doing this year.

JD10367 10-03-2012 07:53 AM

I don't think he's regressed. As Belichick says, "It is what it is." Cassel is just one of many NFL QBs who should remain as backups because they're simply not good enough to start. You have four types of QB: 1) stars who start, 2) decently solid guys who start but don't awe you, and who are probably borderline backups sometimes, 3) solid backups who are good enough to win a game but probably should never be a starter, and 4) suck-ass QBs who are cannon fodder and benchwarmers. Brady, Manning(s), Roethlisberger, Brees, Rivers? Obvious 1s. Most of the other starters? Borderline 1s but more obviously 2s. Cassel is between a 3 and a 4.

You know how a homely girl is said to have "a nice personality"? The NFL QB equivalent is when they say, "With a strong running game, good receivers, a good coach, and a good defense, he's good enough to win games for you." It's like me saying, "With a 15-inch dick, a hundred million bucks in the bank, and a Lamborghini, I'd be a great catch for a woman." It's the freaking NFL. ANY QUARTERBACK worth his jock should be able to win games with a strong run game, pass-catchers, coach, and D. Cassel was elevated by the talent around him in 2007 in New England. At the time, it was hard not to give Cassel credit because honestly there was no other benchmark; everyone assumed he must be pretty good. Turns out he isn't.

Chiefnj2 10-03-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8972675)
Coached with kid gloves to minimize mistakes. Then given easy TDs to try to pump up his confidence.

So what. That's all you can do with the guy. Haley, Muir and Daboll would have loved to have gotten that from Cassel.

Deberg_1990 10-03-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8972675)
Yes good numbers. But drastically inflated.

The main problem between then and now is the turnovers. With a guy like him that’s “limited” you almost certainly can not have the amount of turnovers he does now. His arm isn’t talented enough to dig himself or the team out of his mistakes.

lcarus 10-03-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8972600)
He hasn't.

He has always played like dog shit against good teams, or when the Chiefs struggle to run the ball, or when the defense struggles.

That's the entire premise of The Declaration of Independence, MO.

Read it. Know it. Love it.

He is doing what he has always done.

The guy has been a sack of shit here outside of a handful of games in 2010, and a few in 2011 against utterly awful teams.

Every time he actually makes a good play or throw, I absolutely shit myself. That's how rare it occurs. Shit fills my underpants. Like that TD to McCluster in the preseason game where he kind of span away from pressure and threw a nice ball. A relatively simple play that most good QBs make on a regular basis. He made it ONCE...and I shat.