ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Welkers wife slams Ray Lewis on Facebook (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269160)

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-21-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9340560)
Because one is a accident the other is murder? It's not like Ray punched the guy and he died he shanked the dude and then tried to cover it up.

They're not identical, but I also don't think they are as dissimilar as you suggest. Plus, the guys that he testified against were actually acquitted on an account of self defense. I'm not saying that Lewis isn't culpable, though.

Chiefspants 01-21-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9340567)
On a side note ,what's the deal with Welker being a choke artist now?

He's the Lord with no ring, after all.

Straight, No Chaser 01-21-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9339875)
ROFL

"... go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids, 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!"

Yeeeeee Hawww.

She's just saying what Jimmy The Greek can't. Ray Ray just spreading his seed around.

ESPN gave him a deal, he must be OK!

big nasty kcnut 01-21-2013 10:56 PM

I'm glad she said that. It had to be said i'm tired of stabby getting a pass. We need to call out the losers of life.
Posted via Mobile Device

jAZ 01-21-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9339875)
ROFL

"Proud of my husband and the Pats," Burns Welker wrote. "By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids, 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...lewis/1851907/

That's funny. I was just reading about that on his Wikipage today.

I've always given Ray the OJ judgement. Mentioned it to someone who was a Ravens fan and he was shocked at my opinion - that Ray got away with murder or covering up a murder. So was looking it up to make sure I wasn't missing any details. Nope. Still skated by covering up a murder. And in doing so, surely helped get his buddies off as well.

Disgusting human being. And an all around phoney and fraud. Good for her for calling him out and and unfortunate that her remarks lead the media to calling her own character into question rather than to the media reminding the public about the true nature of Ray's character.

jAZ 01-21-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 9340612)
I'm glad she said that. It had to be said i'm tired of stabby getting a pass. We need to call out the losers of life.
Posted via Mobile Device

Every time he praises God in his interviews, it's so transparently obvious that it's a manipulative publicity stunt. It's a shame.

Not being religious myself, I've always balked at anyone using their camera time from sporting successes to proselytize. But I've always respected most of them as honest people. Kurt Warner was the first one that felt like he was proselytizing when he was on camera. But that guy was sincere. He was a high character guy.

Ray Lewis is a fraud now and a garbage human being for what he did and for not taking ownership and responsibility for actions.

Screw him.

RealSNR 01-22-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9340545)
Not a chance. I hate religion and everyone that speaks publicly about it.

You must hate a LOOOOOOT of athletes

mcaj22 01-22-2013 12:40 AM

its absolutely amazing how this guy was an absolute thug and hated in the 90s

and somehow in the 2000s was able to use the media, technology, the league, video games, you name it to rebuild his image and his own brand and make him one the faces/role models of the NFL for a young generation

it's like the 1990s never happened and that era of the NFL never existed lol. Whoever Ray Lewis's PR guy is over the years is a smart person

jspchief 01-22-2013 01:03 AM

I wonder how many people actually know the story surrounding those murders. Lewis didn't kill anyone, and by the majority of witness accounts, he was trying to avoid any confrontation at all.

Even the guys that were charged with the murders were aquitted despite Lewis testifying against them.

Phobia 01-22-2013 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9340698)
I wonder how many people actually know the story surrounding those murders. Lewis didn't kill anyone, and by the majority of witness accounts, he was trying to avoid any confrontation at all.

Even the guys that were charged with the murders were aquitted despite Lewis testifying against them.

Even though Ray wasn't anywhere near the murders, they still felt the need to dispose of his white suit so well it has never been found, obstruct justice at every turn, and pay the families of the victims. I don't care what the official verdict was. I know an innocent man has nothing to hide and that a millionaire many times over has ways to manipulate legal proceedings. All that said, I respect the man's abilities on the field. Incredible player, leader, and motivator. Annoying as hell but I don't think anybody can dispute his abilities. I'm not suggesting he plunged knives into the dead men. I'm just saying, he was a whole lot more involved than any official account we've been told. People don't throw away $3000 suits for no reason. It's pretty obvious there was blood evidence on that thing. Doesn't make him a murderer but it does leave a lot of unanswered questions.

synthesis2 01-22-2013 03:18 AM

Hey she was just posting something that was true and reminding everyone that having 6 kids with 4 wifes and having something strongly to do with killing someone is not good.

I have zero problems with her reminding everyone about it.

He reminds us everytime he plays how he is blessed from god over and over, she should be able to point this out.

good for her, its good to see people take stands like that.

jspchief 01-22-2013 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9340717)
Even though Ray wasn't anywhere near the murders, they still felt the need to dispose of his white suit so well it has never been found, obstruct justice at every turn, and pay the families of the victims. I don't care what the official verdict was. I know an innocent man has nothing to hide and that a millionaire many times over has ways to manipulate legal proceedings. All that said, I respect the man's abilities on the field. Incredible player, leader, and motivator. Annoying as hell but I don't think anybody can dispute his abilities. I'm not suggesting he plunged knives into the dead men. I'm just saying, he was a whole lot more involved than any official account we've been told. People don't throw away $3000 suits for no reason. It's pretty obvious there was blood evidence on that thing. Doesn't make him a murderer but it does leave a lot of unanswered questions.

He was guilty of obstruction, and punished accordingly. Did he dispose of the suit? Clearly. But anyone who has actually looked at the facts of the entire court proceedings can see that he's guilty of being with two bad guys, and trying to save his own ass. There's nothing to suggest he approved of or had a hand in what happened. Eyewitness testimony suggests just the opposite. People seem to have this notion that he was complicit in what when on that night. All he is guilty of is poor judgement after the fact. Something that a lot of people might do in a similar situation, with how much hr stood to lose.

I don't consider settling civil suits an indication of anything other than a lawyer advising him of the safest solution.

People are entitled to their opinion. But anyone calling him a murderer is ignorant of the facts, or being intentionally obnoxious.

Phobia 01-22-2013 03:48 AM

I'm not calling him a murder but I am being intentionally obnoxious. Being a party to murder/manslaughter/self-defense and knocking up a bunch of ladies aside, he is a pretty nice guy and he's obviously learned from some of his mistakes. I would rather players would just all fans to judge them by their results on the field rather than leaving all kinds of fodder in their wake. I realize that is asking a lot but it's really not. Don't be a complete douchebag, don't shoot or stab anybody, wrap that rascal, and pay your bills.

Mi_chief_fan 01-22-2013 05:35 AM

Wes Welker should be pissed, all she accomplished was putting a target on him next time they play Baltimore. Lewis may be gone, but I'll bet Ed Reed and Bernard Pollard will have something for Welker.

CoMoChief 01-22-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by synthesis2 (Post 9340720)
Hey she was just posting something that was true and reminding everyone that having 6 kids with 4 wifes and having something strongly to do with killing someone is not good.

I have zero problems with her reminding everyone about it.

He reminds us everytime he plays how he is blessed from god over and over, she should be able to point this out.

good for her, its good to see people take stands like that.

This

Pro athletes aren't role models...but because of their status in society they're able to get away w/ certain things that normally you or I wouldn't.