ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Top 3 Apps for phone/tablet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279968)

KevB 12-26-2013 11:49 PM

Top 3 Apps for phone/tablet

I'm all Android ---

I'll go with:

Tweetcaster Pro (Twitter)
Pocket (a read it later app)
1Weather

A few honorable mentions beyond the usuals like GMail, Google Maps, Chrome, etc.

I like Avocado (communication app between only 2 people --- i.e. my wife and I), Nova Launcher, Swiftkey keyboard, Lastpass (password manager) in tandem with Dolphin Browser

Buns 12-27-2013 12:30 AM

Android picks: Besides the obvious Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, whatever.

Reddit is fun - everyone needs some reddit in their life!
Duolingo - learn a new language! For free!

Had the GoComics comic strip app on here, but it's buggy as shit and way too cumbersome to read old comics. Hoping for an update for that one. The quality content is there if you can get it out though.

I have avocado on my tablet. Got it unlimited for a year from their valentines day special. Don't use it that much. Use hangouts much more.

I LOVE Google Keep. Best notes/lists maker I've used. Integrates perfectly for me, but I use all Google stuff, so YMMV.

ILChief 12-27-2013 08:39 AM

I got three $55 worth of iTunes gift cards for Christmas. I don't really download much music, so what iOS apps does everyone suggest? I have an iPhone and an iPad so apps for either are fine.

DaFace 12-27-2013 08:54 AM

I use a shit ton of apps (last time I backed up, I had around 60 or so installed), so it's tough for me to single out a handful that are especially awesome. However, the three that are probably the most unique that I use are (all Android):

BeyondPod - Podcast manager
Feedly - RSS feed reader
Unified Remote - Allows you to use your phone as a remote control for a variety of media-related tasks on a linked computer

DMAC 12-27-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virtua Chief (Post 10312255)
Android picks: Besides the obvious Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, whatever.

Reddit is fun - everyone needs some reddit in their life!
Duolingo - learn a new language! For free!

Had the GoComics comic strip app on here, but it's buggy as shit and way too cumbersome to read old comics. Hoping for an update for that one. The quality content is there if you can get it out though.

I have avocado on my tablet. Got it unlimited for a year from their valentines day special. Don't use it that much. Use hangouts much more.

I LOVE Google Keep. Best notes/lists maker I've used. Integrates perfectly for me, but I use all Google stuff, so YMMV.

Are you on the Google Experience Launcher?

DaFace 12-27-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 10312479)

I am and love it. It's great to have Google Now off to the side like that.

DMAC 12-27-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10312486)
I am and love it. It's great to have Google Now off to the side like that.

Yep

ChiliConCarnage 12-27-2013 09:22 AM

Outside of the obvious Google apps and Kindle, etc. that everyone has

Android:
Evernote - although this is pretty standard as well
Falcon Pro - Twitter but I think they hit the token limit or whatever so no new users
Wunderlist - similar to evernote but for tasks/lists/reminders

NewChief 12-27-2013 10:28 AM

Besides standard productivity (notes, mail, etc) and social ( Facebook, Instagram, et ...):

Grocery IQ: my wife and I can keep a shared grocery list. Hugely helpful.
GoPayment: let's me keep track of charges at the wife's store
Flipbook: really use it in the iPad not my phone.

Buns 12-27-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 10312479)

I just got my first smartphone in years, the Motorola Moto G. I don't feel like side loading the GEL, but at least I got kit kat ahead of schedule.

hometeam 12-27-2013 11:44 AM

Android -

Hulu +
IMDB
Reddit is fun

htismaqe 12-27-2013 01:26 PM

Shazam.

I use it almost as much as I use text messaging and my camera.

Bewbies 12-27-2013 01:33 PM

Duolingo is awesome. I've been using Quip and Flowboard at lot with work as well.