ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Home security/defense (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274191)

R8RFAN 06-30-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9785440)
And IMO it's your right to handle it in such a manner. But...

1. Not everyone is capable of taking another human life
2. The law doesn't always necessarily agree with you

Castle Doctrine

"Castle laws" remove the duty to retreat before using deadly force when one is in their home or in some U.S. states just simply where one can legally be.[6]

TribalElder 06-30-2013 06:57 PM

Castle Doctrine

AKA

The Missouri Rule

Bugeater 06-30-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9785446)
Castle Doctrine

"Castle laws" remove the duty to retreat before using deadly force when one is in their home or in some U.S. states just simply where one can legally be.[6]

There's a lot of that article you left out.

DaFace 06-30-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9785369)
Come on Ant-Gun folks... I want to read the answer to the above quote

Honestly, it doesn't add much to the conversation and doesn't really deserve much of a response. Would that suck? Sure. Is that likely to happen? Not a chance.

My points in this thread have never been that it wouldn't suck balls to have someone break into your house, and I've acknowledged that having a gun around will likely make you feel more at peace about it. My point is just about playing the odds of survival in your favor based on what typically happens in the world.

As for your specific scenario, it would suck to be anally raped by a gorilla too, but that doesn't mean I'm going to start putting out gorilla traps around my house.

R8RFAN 06-30-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9785569)
Honestly, it doesn't add much to the conversation and doesn't really deserve much of a response. Would that suck? Sure. Is that likely to happen? Not a chance.

My points in this thread have never been that it wouldn't suck balls to have someone break into your house, and I've acknowledged that having a gun around will likely make you feel more at peace about it. My point is just about playing the odds of survival in your favor based on what typically happens in the world.

As for your specific scenario, it would suck to be anally raped by a gorilla too, but that doesn't mean I'm going to start putting out gorilla traps around my house.

Get a gun, you won't have to

DaFace 06-30-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9785575)

ROFL...touché.

Raiderhater 06-30-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9785575)

Dude, in this day and age you would most likely face the death penalty for killing a gorilla. I'll shoot a home invader and feel decent about my chances of being cleared of wrong doing. An endangered species though? He/she can have the run of the house. Otherwise I am most certainly a dead man.

R8RFAN 06-30-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9785580)
ROFL...touché.

The last thing I would hate to read about is that scenario.. Odds are low I agree but with all the gang shit going on in the world, crime and seemingly desperate times for more and more every day, I don't take anything for granted.. I sit at my computer with a .45 and nothing has happened in this neighborhood except a couple kids broke into some cars and stole a gps from me...

I may be a bit paranoid to some but I just don't trust this world anymore

DaFace 06-30-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9785588)
The last thing I would hate to read about is that scenario.. Odds are low I agree but with all the gang shit going on in the world, crime and seemingly desperate times for more and more every day, I don't take anything for granted.. I sit at my computer with a .45 and nothing has happened in this neighborhood except a couple kids broke into some cars and stole a gps from me...

I may be a bit paranoid to some but I just don't trust this world anymore

And that's certainly your right. It's not a mentality I think I would enjoy living with, which is probably why I have such a different approach to the home safety stuff, but different people think differently, and that's OK. :grouphug:

R8RFAN 07-01-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9785584)
Dude, in this day and age you would most likely face the death penalty for killing a gorilla. I'll shoot a home invader and feel decent about my chances of being cleared of wrong doing. An endangered species though? He/she can have the run of the house. Otherwise I am most certainly a dead man.

Not if the Gorilla enjoyed it...